ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > API > Synthetic Anti-infective Drugs > Antifungal Drugs > Econazole
Econazole Chemical Properties
- Melting point:86.8°C
- Boiling point:533.8±50.0 °C(Predicted)
- Density 1.33±0.1 g/cm3(Predicted)
- storage temp. Sealed in dry,Room Temperature
- solubility Practically insoluble in water, very soluble in ethanol (96 per cent) and in methylene chloride.
- form neat
- Water Solubility 0.37g/L(ambient temperature)
- CAS DataBase Reference27220-47-9(CAS DataBase Reference)
- EPA Substance Registry SystemEconazole (27220-47-9)
Econazole Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical PropertiesWhite or almost white powder
- OriginatorPevaryl,Cilag Chemie,France,1976
- Usesantineoplastic, anti-estrogen.
Econazole (Spectazole) is a synthetic imidazole. Econazole blocks C-14 demethylation of sterols, interfering with the biosynthesis of ergosterol, which results in disorganization of the fungal plasma cell membrane and increased permeability. It is active against dermatophytes, yeast, P. orbiculare, Aspergillus, Cladosporium, and Sporothrix.
- IndicationsEconazole (Spectazole) is a synthetic imidazole. Econazole blocks C-14 demethylation of sterols, interfering with the biosynthesis of ergosterol, which results in disorganization of the fungal plasma cell membrane and increased permeability. It is active against dermatophytes, yeast, P. orbiculare, Aspergillus, Cladosporium, and Sporothrix.
- Manufacturing ProcessA suspension of 10.3 parts of α-(2,4-dichlorophenyl)-imidazole-1-ethanol and 2.1 parts of sodium hydride in 50 parts of dry tetrahydrofuran is stirred andrefluxed for 2 hours. After this reaction-time, the evolution of hydrogen is ceased. Then there are added successively 60 parts dimethylformamide and 8 parts of p-chlorobenzylchloride and stirring and refluxing is continued for another two hours. The tetrahydrofuran is removed at atmospheric pressure. The dimethylformamide solution is poured onto water. The product, 1-[2,4- dichloro-β-(p-chlorobenzyloxy)phenethyl]imidazole, is extracted with benzene. The extract is washed with water, dried, filtered and evaporated in vacuo. From the residual oily free base, the nitrate salt is prepared in the usual manner in 2-propanol by treatment with concentrated nitric acid, yielding, after recrystallization of the crude solid salt from a mixture of 2-propanol, methanol and diisopropylether, 1-[2,4-dichloro-β-(pchlorobenzyloxy)phenethyl]imidazole nitrate; MP 162°C.
- brand nameSpectazole (Johnson & Johnson).
- Therapeutic FunctionAntifungal
- Chemical SynthesisEconazole, 1-[2,4-dichloro-β-[(4-chlorobenzyl)oxy]phenethyl]-imidazole (35.2.8), is an analog of myconazole. It differs in the presence of a single chlorine atom in the benzyl part of the molecule, and it is synthesized in the same manner, except that it uses 4-chlorobenzylchloride in the last stage instead of 2,4-dichlorobenzylbromide.
Econazole Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Imazalil Isoconazole ECONAZOLE NITRATE IMP. B (EP) AS NITRATE: (2RS)-2-[(4-CHLOROBENZYL)OXY]-2-(2,4-DICHLOROPHENYL)ETHANAMINE NITRATE MM(CRM STANDARD) ECONAZOLE NITRATE--N/H (R)-Econazole ECONAZOLE NITRATE EPE(CRM STANDARD) Econazole Nitrate USP ECONAZOLE FOR SYSTEM SUITABILITY ECONAZOLE BASE ECONAZOLE REFERENCE SPECTRUM EPY(CRM STANDARD) Fludazonium Chloride CALMIDAZOLIUM CHLORIDE Econazole sulfosalicylate MICONAZOLE NITRATE sepazonium chloride Methoxydiethylborane 4,4'-Bis(chloromethyl)-1,1'-biphenyl 4-Methoxybenzylchloride
- Company Name:3B Pharmachem (Wuhan) International Co.,Ltd.
- Tel:18930552037 821-50328103-801
- Company Name:Shanghai Sunway Pharmaceutical Technology Co., Ltd
- Company Name:Hangzhou Yuhao Chemical Technology Co., Ltd
- Company Name:9ding chemical ( Shanghai) Limited
- Company Name:MedChemexpress LLC