ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > API > Synthetic Anti-infective Drugs > Antifungal Drugs > Econazole nitrate
Econazole nitrate Chemical Properties
- Melting point:162°C
- storage temp. Refrigerator
- solubility chloroform/methanol: soluble25mg/mL (choloroform:methanol (1:1))
- form powder
- color white to off-white
- Water Solubility <0.1 g/100 mL at 19 ºC
- Merck 14,3502
- CAS DataBase Reference24169-02-6(CAS DataBase Reference)
- EPA Substance Registry SystemEconazole mononitrate (24169-02-6)
- Language:EnglishProvider:1-(2,4-Dichloro-beta-((p-chlorobenzyl)oxy)phenethyl)imidazole nitrate
Econazole nitrate Usage And Synthesis
- DescriptionEconazole nitrate is the nitrate salt form of Econazole. It belongs to imidazole-class antifungal medication sold in various places around the world including US, Canada, Western Europe, and Asia. It is usually manufactured into cream form for sale. Econazole nitrate is mainly used for the treatment of skin infections including athlete's foot, tinea, pityriasis versicolor, ringworm, and jock itch caused by fungi such as Trichophyton rubrum, Trichophyton tonsurans and Microsporum audouini. As an imidazole-class drug, Econazole nitrate takes effects through inhibiting the biosynthesis of ergosterol, a key component of fungal cell membrane, thus disrupting the normal permeability of fungal membrane. This causes leakage of essential cellular contents of fungi, further killing them.
- Chemical PropertiesWhite to Off-White Solid
- OriginatorPevaryl,Cilag Chemie,France,1976
- UsesAntifungal;Ergosterol synthesis inhibition
- UsesAzole antifungal
- UsesEconazole nitrate is an antifungal agent of the imidazole type used in topical and vaginal preparations to prevent growth of dermatophytes, yeast, and mold.
- Manufacturing ProcessA suspension of 10.3 parts of α-(2,4-dichlorophenyl)-imidazole-1-ethanol and 2.1 parts of sodium hydride in 50 parts of dry tetrahydrofuran is stirred andrefluxed for 2 hours. After this reaction-time, the evolution of hydrogen is ceased. Then there are added successively 60 parts dimethylformamide and 8 parts of p-chlorobenzylchloride and stirring and refluxing is continued for another two hours. The tetrahydrofuran is removed at atmospheric pressure. The dimethylformamide solution is poured onto water. The product, 1-[2,4- dichloro-β-(p-chlorobenzyloxy)phenethyl]imidazole, is extracted with benzene. The extract is washed with water, dried, filtered and evaporated in vacuo. From the residual oily free base, the nitrate salt is prepared in the usual manner in 2-propanol by treatment with concentrated nitric acid, yielding, after recrystallization of the crude solid salt from a mixture of 2-propanol, methanol and diisopropylether, 1-[2,4-dichloro-β-(pchlorobenzyloxy)phenethyl]imidazole nitrate; MP 162°C.
- brand nameSpectazole (Johnson & Johnson).
- Therapeutic FunctionAntifungal
- General DescriptionWhite crystalline powder.
- Air & Water ReactionsInsoluble in water.
- Fire HazardFlash point data for Econazole nitrate are not available; however, Econazole nitrate is probably combustible.
Econazole nitrate Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Preparation ProductsEconazole
- Company Name:Hubei Bangsun Chemical Co., Ltd. Gold
- Company Name:Hubei Xingyinhe Chemical Co., Ltd. Gold
- Company Name:Shanghai Boyle Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Tel:Mr Qiu:021-50182298(Demestic market) Miss Xu：021-50180596（Abroad market）
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:3B Pharmachem (Wuhan) International Co.,Ltd.
- Tel:18930552037 821-50328103-801