ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > API > Vitamins and Minerals medicines > Vitamin B drugs > Thiamine nitrate
Thiamine nitrate Chemical Properties
- Melting point:196-200°C
- storage temp. 2-8°C
- solubility Sparingly soluble in water, freely soluble in boiling water, slightly soluble in alcohol and in methanol.
- form solid
- pka4.8(at 25℃)
- Merck 14,9295
- BRN 3857790
- Stability:Stable. Incompatible with strong oxidizing agents.
- CAS DataBase Reference532-43-4(CAS DataBase Reference)
- EPA Substance Registry SystemThiamine nitrate (532-43-4)
- Safety Statements 22-24/25
- WGK Germany 1
- RTECS XI7400000
- TSCA Yes
- HS Code 29362200
Thiamine nitrate Usage And Synthesis
- DescriptionThiamine nitrate is the thiamine salt formed from one mole of thiamine base and one mole of nitric acid. It occurs as an anhydrous crystalline solid of low hygroscopicity. Thiamin (vitamin B1) is a member of the vitamin B complex. Attributing to low hydroscopicity, thiamine nitrate works as a more stable form of thiamine in pharmaceutical preparations.
Thiamine nitrate is preferred to be used for the preparation of multivitamins and as a food fortification in dry blends and dry products such as in wheat flour.
- References Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, Food Fortification: Technology and Quality Control: Report of an FAO technical meeting Rome, 1995
 Ronald R. Eitenmiller, W. O. Landen Jr and Lin Ye, Vitamin Analysis for the Health and Food Sciences, Second Edition, 2008
 Thomas J. Macek, Beate A. Feller and Edward J. Hanus, Pharmaceutical studies with thiamine mononitrate, Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 1950, vol. 39, 365-369
- Chemical PropertiesWhite or almost white, crystalline powder or small, colourless crystals.
- UsesVitamin B1.
- Safety ProfilePoison by intravenous and intraperitoneal routes. A powerful oxidizer. When heated to decomposition it emits very toxic fums of SOx, and NOx. See also NITRATES.
Thiamine nitrate Preparation Products And Raw materials
Thiamine nitrate SupplierMore
- Company Name:Zhejiang tianxin pharmaceutical co. LTD Gold
- Company Name:Tianjin Zhongxin Chemtech Co., Ltd.
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:3B Pharmachem (Wuhan) International Co.,Ltd.
- Tel:18930552037 821-50328103-801
- Company Name:TCI (Shanghai) Development Co., Ltd.
- Tel:021-67121386 / 800-988-0390