ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Inorganic chemistry > Inorganic salts > Metal nitrates and nitrites > NITRATE
NITRATE Chemical Properties
- storage temp. 2-8°C
- form Liquid
- color Clear colorless
- EPA Substance Registry SystemNitrate (14797-55-8)
NITRATE Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical PropertiesA colorless liquid.
- UsesNitrate is the salt of nitric acid. it is used in meat curing to develop and stabilize the pink color associated with cured meat. by itself, it is not effective in producing the curing reaction until it is chemi- cally reduced to nitrite. it has an effect on flavor and also functions as an antioxidant. it is available as sodium and potassium nitrate, with the sodium form being more common.
- UsesIn the treatment of angina pectoris; in the manufacture of inorganic and organic nitrates and nitro compounds for fertilizers, dye intermediates, explosives, and many different organic chemicals.
- DefinitionChEBI: A nitrogen oxoanion formed by loss of a proton from nitric acid. Principal species present at pH 7.3.
- DefinitionA salt or ester of nitric acid.
- Definitionnitrate: A salt or ester of nitric acid.
- General DescriptionCrystalline solids. Salts of nitrate, such as ammonium nitrate, potassium nitrate, and sodium nitrate.
- Air & Water ReactionsMost are water soluble.
- Reactivity ProfileMixtures of metal/nonmetal nitrates with alkyl esters may explode, owing to the formation of alkyl nitrates; mixtures a nitrate with phosphorus, tin (II) chloride, or other reducing agents may react explosively [Bretherick 1979. p. 108-109].
- HazardModerately toxic.
- Health HazardInhalation, ingestion or contact (skin, eyes) with vapors or substance may cause severe injury, burns or death. Fire may produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases. Runoff from fire control or dilution water may cause pollution.
- Fire HazardThese substances will accelerate burning when involved in a fire. Some may decompose explosively when heated or involved in a fire. May explode from heat or contamination. Some will react explosively with hydrocarbons (fuels). May ignite combustibles (wood, paper, oil, clothing, etc.). Containers may explode when heated. Runoff may create fire or explosion hazard.
- Calcium nitrate Ferric nitrate Barium nitrate HOLMIUM NITRATE EUROPIUM NITRATE CUPRIC NITRATE, HYDRATE Bismuth nitrate INDIUM NITRATE cerium trinitrate GALLIUM NITRATE dysprosium trinitrate Aluminum nitrate Erbium(III) nitrate pentahydrate Cadmium nitrate Cobalt nitrate MERCURIC NITRATE Silver nitrate CHROMIUM (III) NITRATE
- Company Name:Shanghai Aladdin Bio-Chem Technology Co.,LTD
- Tel:400-620-6333 021-20337333-801
- Company Name:VWR(Shanghai) Co., Ltd
- Company Name:Shanghai QianYan Bio-technology Co., Ltd
- Company Name:Chengdu HuaXia Chemical Reagent Co. Ltd
- Tel:18981987031 400-1196-196
- Company Name:Hubei Jusheng Technology Co.,Ltd.