ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Chemical pesticides > Herbicide > Urea herbicides > Bensulfuron methyl
Bensulfuron methyl Chemical Properties
- Melting point:185-188°C
- Density 1.4087 (rough estimate)
- refractive index 1.6000 (estimate)
- storage temp. 0-6°C
- form neat
- color White to pale yellow
- Odorodorless solid
- BRN 7447488
- CAS DataBase Reference83055-99-6
- EPA Substance Registry SystemBensulfuron-methyl (83055-99-6)
- Language:EnglishProvider:2-[[[[[(4,6-dimethoxy-2-pyrimidinyl)amino]carbonyl]amino]sulfonyl]methyl]benzoic acid methyl ester
Bensulfuron methyl Usage And Synthesis
- DefinitionChEBI: The methyl ester of bensulfuron. An acetolactate synthase inhibitor, it is used as a herbicide for the control of a variety of both annual and perennial weeds in crops, particularly wheat and rice. It is not licensed for use within the UK.
- Safety ProfileModerately toxic by ingestion.When heated to decomposition it emits toxic vapors ofNOx and SOx.
- Metabolic pathwayBensulfuron methyl is metabolized by mammals and birds and the major metabolites identified include mono-O-demethylated and 5-hydroxylated bensulfuron methyl and 5-hydroxy-2-amino-3,5- dimethoxypyrimidine. As bird metabolites, cleavage of the pyrimidine ring of bensulfuron methyl is observed which results in two pyrimidine ring-opening metabolites. In rice plants, bensulfuron methyl undergoes rapid O-demethylation at one of the methoxy groups on the pyrimidine ring which will proceed through hydroxylation at the methyl group. Alcoholysis and hydrolysis of bensulfuron methyl (H1) involve mainly the breakdown of the urea moiety which leads to several degradation products, some of which are also identified as metabolites in mammals and plants.
Bensulfuron methyl Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Preparation ProductsEthyl 5-[3-(4,6-dimethoxy pyrimidyl-2-yl)ureido]methylpyrazolyl-4-carboxylic esterAcetochlor+Bensulfuron-methyl+Methsulfuron-methyl,W.P.Bensulfuron-methyl+Acetochlor,W.P.Mefenacet+Bensalfaron-methyl,W.P.
- Raw materialsSodium hydroxideTolueneAmmoniaUreaChlorineSodium methanolateThiocarbamideXylenePhosphorus trichlorideBenzyl chlorideSodium ethoxideBenzoyl peroxideMalonic acidPHOSGENEMalononitrileSodium amideMethyl formateSulfamic acid ButylamineGuanidine nitrateo-Cresol4,6-DihydroxypyrimidineCyanamideo-Toluic acid4,6-Dichloropyrimidine2-Amino-4,6-dimethoxypyrimidinecyanic acido-Toluoyl chloride2-Amino-4,6-dihydroxypyrimidine2-Amino-4,6-dichloropyrimidineMethyl o-toluatealpha-Toluenesulfonyl chloride2-(Chloromethyl)benzoyl chloride
- Methylparaben 4-Methoxybenzylchloride Methyl salicylate Methanol 4'-Methoxyacetophenone Bensulfuron methyl (Trifluoromethoxy)benzene Basic Violet 1 Anisic acid 3-(METHOXYMETHOXY)BENZALDEHYDE Tribenuron methyl Bensulfuron PYRAZOPHOS METSULFURON METHYL p-Anisaldehyde Azimsulfuron Methyl Methyl acrylate
Bensulfuron methyl SupplierMore
- Company Name:Wuhan plov Biotechnology Co., Ltd Gold
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Syntechem Co.,Ltd
- Tel:Please Email
- Company Name:BEST-REAGENT
- Tel:18981987031 400-1166-196
- Company Name:ShangHai YuanYe Biotechnology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:15800763013 021-61312847-