ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Inorganic chemistry > Inorganic salts > Metal nitrates and nitrites > Cupric nitrate trihydrate
Cupric nitrate trihydrate
Cupric nitrate trihydrate Chemical Properties
- Melting point:114 °C
- Boiling point:170°C
- Density 2,32 g/cm3
- storage temp. 0-6°C
- solubility 2670g/l
- form Fine Powder
- color Cream to brown
- Specific Gravity2.32
- PH3-4 (50g/l, H2O, 20℃)
- Water Solubility soluble
- Stability:Stable. Strong oxidant - may ignite combustible material. Moisture sensitive. Incompatible with anhydrides, ammonia, amides, cyanides.
- CAS DataBase Reference10031-43-3(CAS DataBase Reference)
- NIST Chemistry ReferenceCopper dinitrate(10031-43-3)
Cupric nitrate trihydrate Usage And Synthesis
- DescriptionCupric nitrate is the cupric salt of nitrate. Cupric nitrate has various applications: a major application is its conversion to copper oxide, a powerful catalyst organic chemistry. It can also be used in textiles and polishing agents of other metals. It can also be used to demonstrate chemical voltaic cell reactions in schools. During organic synthesis, it can be combined with acetic anhydride to be used as an effective reagent for nitration of aromatic compounds. Its hydrate form can catalyze oxidative coupling of 2, 6-dimethylphenol to produce a polymer which is an important engineering material. Its tri-hydrate form can catalyze the solvent-free synthesis of 3-aminopropenones and 3-aminopropenoates. Its pentahydrate form may be used in the preparation of novel coordination polymers. It also has applications in medicine, as an insecticide, in chemical analysis, in making light sensitive papers.
- Chemical PropertiesCopper(II) nitrate trihydrate, Cu(NO3)2·3H2O, [10031-43-3], MW 241.59, MP 114.5°C, d 2.32, is a deep blue deliquescent material that crystallizes as rhombic platelets.Copper(II) nitrate trihydrate is very soluble in water, 77.4 g/100 g solution, and in methanol and ethanol. The anhydrous salt has been prepared by reaction of copper metal with N2O4 in ethylacetate, but it is not available commercially.
- Chemical PropertiesHygroscopic blue crystal with an order of nitric a
- UsesAnalytical Reagent
- Purification MethodsCrystallise it from weak aqueous HNO3 (0.5mL/g) by cooling from room temperature. The anhydrous salt can be prepared by dissolving copper metal in a 1:1 mixture of liquid NO2 and ethyl acetate and purified by sublimation [Evans et al. J Chem Soc, Faraday Trans 1 75 1023 1979]. The hexahydrate dehydrates to the trihydrate at 26o, and the anhydrous salt sublimes between 150 and 225o, but melts at 255-256o and is deliquescent.
Cupric nitrate trihydrate Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Cupric nitrate trihydrate Miconazole Nitrate CUPRIC NITRATE HYDRATE CUPRIC NITRATE, HYDRATE,CUPRIC NITRATE HYDRATE ACS REAGENT,CUPRIC NITRATE, HYDRATE REAGENT (ACS),Cupric Nitrate, Hydrate, Crystal, Reagent COPPER(II) NITRATE, HYDRATE/ 99.999%" Copper nitrate basic Copper dinitrate Copper Potassium nitrate NITRATE Sodium nitrate Cupric oxide Thiamine nitrate Econazole nitrate Ammonium nitrate CHROMIUM (III) NITRATE TILORONE ANALOG R11-877DA Calcium nitrate
Cupric nitrate trihydrateSupplierMore
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-
- Company Name:3B Pharmachem (Wuhan) International Co.,Ltd.
- Tel:18930552037 821-50328103-801
- Company Name:BeiJing Hwrk Chemicals Limted
- Tel:010-57411838 010-57411839-
- Company Name:Beijing Ouhe Technology Co., Ltd
- Tel:13552068683 010-82967028-