ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Inorganic chemistry > Inorganic salts > Metal nitrates and nitrites > Lanthanum(III) nitrate hexahydrate
Lanthanum(III) nitrate hexahydrate
Lanthanum(III) nitrate hexahydrate Chemical Properties
- Melting point:65-68 °C
- Boiling point:126 °C
- Flash point:126°C
- storage temp. Storage temperature: no restrictions.
- solubility 1230-1580g/l
- form Solid
- color White to light yellow
- PH3.4 (50g/l, H2O, 25℃)
- Water Solubility 1580 g/L (25 ºC)
- Sensitive Hygroscopic
- Merck 14,5363
- Stability:Stable. Strong oxidizer - contact with combustible materials may cause fire. Hygroscopic (? - also reported to be deliquescent!). Incompatible with combustible material, strong reducing agents, strong acids.
- CAS DataBase Reference10277-43-7(CAS DataBase Reference)
- EPA Substance Registry SystemLanthanum nitrate hexahydrate (10277-43-7)
Lanthanum(III) nitrate hexahydrate Usage And Synthesis
- Physical PropertiesWhite crystalline solid; hygroscopic; decomposes around 40°C; very soluble in water and alcohol.
- PreparationThe salt is prepared by dissolution of lanthanum oxide, hydroxide or carbonate in nitric acid, followed by crystallization, and obtained as a hexahydrate. The general reactions are as follows:
La2O3 + 6HNO3 → 2La(NO3)3 + 3H2O
La (OH)3 + 3HNO3 → La(NO3)3 + 3H2O
La2 (CO3)3 + 6HNO3 → 2La(NO3)3 + 3CO2 + 3H2O
- ReactionsThermal dissociation yields lanthanum oxide, La2O3. Its reactions in aqueous solutions are those of La3+ ion. It forms double salts with magnesium, calcium and ammonium nitrates and many other salts when mixed in stoichiometic amounts. Such double salts are obtained from solution mixtures on crystallization and may vary in their compositions.
- Chemical Propertieswhite crystals
- UsesStarting material for the electrochemical synthesis of a LaMnO3 thin film coating on stainless steel substrates. A novel solvothermal process for formation of doped lanthanide oxysulfide, La2O2S, was developed in order to advance possible applications of this material in phosphors, fluorescent display tubes or heat transfer measurement.
Lanthanum Nitrate is mainly applied in specialty glass, water treatment and catalyst. Various compounds of Lanthanum and other rare-earth elements (Oxides, Chlorides, etc.) are components of various catalysis, such as petroleum cracking catalysts. Small amounts of Lanthanum added to steel improves its malleability, resistance to impact, and ductility, whereas addition of Lanthanum to Molybdenum decreases its hardness and sensitivity to temperature variations. Small amounts of Lanthanum are present in many pool products to remove the Phosphates that feed algae.
- Air & Water ReactionsDeliquescent. Water soluble.
- Reactivity ProfileLanthanum(III) nitrate hexahydrate forms double salts with bivalent ion nitrates and ammonium nitrates. Lanthanum(III) nitrate hexahydrate is an oxidizer.
- Health HazardACUTE/CHRONIC HAZARDS: When heated to decomposition Lanthanum(III) nitrate hexahydrate emits toxic fumes. It is an irritant.
- Fire HazardFlash point data for Lanthanum(III) nitrate hexahydrate is not available, but Lanthanum(III) nitrate hexahydrate is probably combustible.
Lanthanum(III) nitrate hexahydrate Preparation Products And Raw materials
- LANTHANUM ACETATE LANTHANUM FLUORIDE LANTHANUM (III) OXALATE LANTHANUM CARBONATE LANTHANUM CARBONATE LANTHANUM BORIDE LANTHANUM LANTHANUM NITRATE, 5% LANTHANUM LANTHANUM(III) NITRATE PENTAHYDRATE LANTHANUM(III) NITRIDE LANTHANUM NITRATE STANDARD SOLUTION,0.1 M (0.3 N),lanthanum nitrate solution,LANTHANUM NITRATE 0 1 MOL/L Lanthanum nitrate, Releasing Agent Solution, Specpure Magnesium lanthanum nitrate LANTHANUM NITRATE,LANTHANUM NITRATE STANDARD Lanthanum(III) nitrate hexahydrate DIDYMIUM MAGNESIUM NITRATE LANTHANUM NITRATE HYDRATE,LANTHANUM NITRATE, N-HYDRATE,LANTHANUM NITRATE HYDRATED,LANTHANUM NITRATE HYDRATE, 99.9%
Lanthanum(III) nitrate hexahydrateSupplierMore
- Company Name:Shanghai Aladdin Bio-Chem Technology Co.,LTD Gold
- Tel:400-620-6333 021-20337333-801
- Company Name:Chengdu HuaXia Chemical Reagent Co. Ltd Gold
- Tel:13458535857 400-1166-196
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-
- Company Name:INTATRADE GmbH
- Tel:+49 3493/605464