ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Inorganic chemistry > Inorganic salts > Metal nitrates and nitrites > Zirconium nitrate
Zirconium nitrate Chemical Properties
- RIDADR 2728
- HazardClass 5.1
- PackingGroup III
- Hazardous Substances Data13746-89-9(Hazardous Substances Data)
- Language:EnglishProvider:Zirconium(IV) nitrate
Zirconium nitrate Usage And Synthesis
- Physical PropertiesThe pentahydrate is a white crystalline solid; very hygroscopic; refractive index 1.60; very soluble in water; the aqueous solution acidic; soluble in alcohol.
- UsesZirconium nitrate is used as a preservative, as an analytical standard for zirconium, and in making zirconium salts.
- PreparationZirconium nitrate is prepared by reacting nitric acid with zirconium oxide:
ZrO2 + 4HNO3 → Zr(NO3)4 + 2H2O
The compound is crystallized as pentahydrate following evaporation to dryness.
- Chemical Propertieswhite, very hygroscopic crystal(s) [MER06]
- General DescriptionZirconium(IV) nitrate is a white crystalline solid. Zirconium(IV) nitrate is soluble in water. Zirconium(IV) nitrate is noncombustible, but Zirconium(IV) nitrate will accelerate the burning of combustible materials. If large quantities are involved in a fire or the combustible material is finely divided, an explosion may result. Prolonged exposure to fire or heat may result in an explosion. Toxic oxides of nitrogen are produced in fires involving Zirconium(IV) nitrate. Zirconium(IV) nitrate is used as a preservative.
- Reactivity ProfileMixtures of metal/nonmetal nitrates, such as Zirconium(IV) nitrate, with alkyl esters may explode owing to the formation of alkyl nitrates; mixtures a nitrate with phosphorus, tin (II) chloride, or other reducing agents may react explosively [Bretherick 1979. p. 108-109]. Dissolves in water to give an acid solution.
- Health HazardHas only a mild pharmacological action. Inhalation of dust may irritate nose and throat. Contact with eyes or skin causes irritation.
- Safety ProfileModerately toxic by inhalation and ingestion. A powerful oxiQzer. When heated to decomposition it emits toxic fumes of NOx. See also NITRATES and ZIRCONIUM COMPOUNDS.
YTTRIUM NITRATE HEXAHYDRATE SAMARIUM NITRATE HEXAHYDRATE YTTERBIUM(III) ACETATE HYDRATE GADOLINIUM(III) SULFATE Zirconium acetate Holmium(III) nitrate pentahydrate SAMARIUM SULFATE ERBIUM SULFATE DYSPROSIUM(III) ACETATE TETRAHYDRATE, REACTON®, 99.9% (REO) THULIUM(III) ACETATE HYDRATE PRASEODYMIUM SULFATE HYDRATE LUTETIUM ACETATE DYSPROSIUM(III) SULFATE OCTAHYDRATE Lanthanum Acetate Sesquihydrate Erbium(III) nitrate pentahydrate GALLIUM(III) CHLORIDE Zirconium dioxide Ceric ammonium nitrate
- Company Name:Shandong Desheng New Material Co. Ltd Gold
- Tel:18905378699 400-0272677-
- Company Name:Beijing dtftchem Technology Co., Ltd.
- Company Name:Energy Chemical
- Tel:400-005-6266 021-58432009-
- Company Name:JinYan Chemicals(ShangHai) Co.,Ltd.
- Company Name:Adamas Reagent, Ltd.
- Sep 13，2021