ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Inorganic chemistry > Inorganic salts > Metal nitrates and nitrites > Palladium nitrate
Palladium nitrate Chemical Properties
- Density 1.118 g/mL at 25 °C
- solubility Soluble in dilute nitric acid.
- form Crystals
- color Red-brown
- Specific Gravity1.118
- Water Solubility Soluble in water, nitric acid.
- Sensitive Hygroscopic
- Merck 13,7060
- CAS DataBase Reference10102-05-3(CAS DataBase Reference)
- EPA Substance Registry SystemNitric acid, palladium(2+) salt (10102-05-3)
Palladium nitrate Usage And Synthesis
- Physical propertiesBrown crystalline solid; deliquesces; decomposes on heating; moderately soluble in water, forming a turbid solution; hydrolyzes in excess water forming a brown basic salt; soluble in dilute nitric acid.
Palladium(II) nitrate is a reagent that can be used to link two smaller molecules together with a covalent bond. It can also be used in place of other palladium salts as a precursor to palladium catalysts formed in situ, such as Pd" or Pd" phosphine complexes.
The soluble yellow-brown Palladium(II) nitrate is formed by dissolving finely divided Pd in warm HNO3 and then crystallizing the compound from this solution. The analogous sulfate is similarly formed from H2SO4. It crystallizes as a red-brown dihydrate. Both these compounds easily hydrolyze.
- UsesPalladium nitrate is a catalyst in many organic synthesis.
- PreparationPalladirm nitrate may be prepared by dissolving palladium oxide hydrate in dilute nitric acid followed by crystallization. The nitrate crystallizes as yellow-brown deliquescent prisms. Alternatively, the compound may be obtained by reacting palladium metal with nitric acid.
- Chemical Propertiesbrown deliquescent crystal(s); heating causes decomposition; used as a catalyst [MER06] [HAW93]
- UsesSeparation of Cl2 and I2; catalyst in organic syntheses.
Palladium nitrate Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Preparation ProductsIsotretinoin
- DICHLORO(ETHYLENEDIAMINE)PLATINUM(II) TERT-BUTYL ISOCYANIDE Palladium nitrate, Matrix Modifier Solution, Specpure(R),PALLADIUM NITRATE, DIHYDRATE Tosylmethyl isocyanide PALLADIUM NITRATE HYDRATE Ethyl isocyanoacetate (ETHYLENEDIAMINE)DINITRATOPALLADIUM(II) Palladium nitrate Calcium nitrate Sodium nitrate Ammonium nitrate Nitroglycerin Potassium nitrate Econazole nitrate Thiamine nitrate CHROMIUM (III) NITRATE Nitrocellulose THALLIUM(I) NITRATE
- Company Name:Shanghai TuoSi chemical co., LTD Gold
- Tel:021-50920725 15317121217
- Company Name:Chenzhou Gaoxin Platinum Industry Co., Ltd. Gold
- Tel:13574551630 0735-2390599-
- Company Name:Shaanxi Rock New Materials Co., Ltd. Gold
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:3B Pharmachem (Wuhan) International Co.,Ltd.
- Tel:18930552037 821-50328103-801