ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Inorganic chemistry > Inorganic salts > Metal nitrates and nitrites > Bismuth nitrate pentahydrate
Bismuth nitrate pentahydrate
Bismuth nitrate pentahydrate Chemical Properties
- Melting point:30 °C(lit.)
- Boiling point:75-80 °C(lit.)
- Density 2,83 g/cm3
- solubility Soluble in dilute nitric acid solution, dilute acetic acid, glycerol and acetone. Insoluble in alcohol, ethyl acetateSoluble in acetone, acetic acid and glycerol. Insoluble in ethanol and ethyl acetate.
- form Solid
- Specific Gravity2.83
- color White
- OdorSlight nitric acid odor
- Water Solubility MAY DECOMPOSE
- Sensitive Hygroscopic
- Merck 14,1271
- Stability:Stable. Incompatible with strong acids, strong reducing agents, organic materials, finely powdered metals, moisture. Strong oxidizer.
- CAS DataBase Reference10035-06-0(CAS DataBase Reference)
Bismuth nitrate pentahydrate Usage And Synthesis
- DescriptionBismuth nitrate is the bismuth salt form of nitrate, usually existing in pentahydrate form. People apply bismuth salt to the skin for hemorrhoids. People use bismuth as an enema for pouchitis. This condition involves inflammation in an artificial rectum created after surgery for ulcerative colitis. Bismuth salts are also added to cosmetics, batteries, paints, and pigment plastics in manufacturing. Bismuth nitrate is used to catalyze various kinds of reactions including chemo-selective synthesis of acylals from aromatic aldehydes, one-pot synthesis of alpha-amino phosphates as well as pharmaceutically functionalized piperidine derivatives, protection of carbonyl compounds and various kinds of Michel reactions. It is also an excellent oxidant for a variety of 4-substituted Hantzsch 1, 4-dihydropyridines.It is a convenient reagent for selective oxidation of sufides to sulfoxides.
- UsesBismuth(III) nitrate pentahydrate is a non-toxic, inexpensive, easy to handle and air insensitive reagent, commonly used in organic synthesis with a wide range of applications.
Bismuth(III) nitrate pentahydrate is a convenient and selective reagent for conversion of thiocarbonyls to their carbonyl compounds.
Bismuth(III) nitrate pentahydrate and air as a cocatalyst is claimed to be a superior reagent for the oxidative deprotection of dithioacetals.
- Chemical SynthesisBismuth(III) nitrate pentahydrate may be used in the following processes:
- Conversion of thioamides and thioureas to their oxo derivatives.
- Transformation of aromatic aldehydes to carboxylic acids under microwave and solvent free conditions.
- Synthesize coumarins by Pechmann condensation under solvent free conditions.
- As a precursor in the synthesis of pure and lanthanum-modified bismuth ferrite (BFO) ceramics.
- As a nitrating agent in the synthesis of methyl nitramino-2,4,6-trinitrobenzenes under microwave irradiation.
- As a catalyst in the preparation of 4-amino-5-pyrimidine carbonitrile and pyrimidinone derivatives.
- Synthesis of glycosides by Fischer glycosylation of unprotected sugars.
- Synthesis of bismuth oxide (Bi2O3) nanoparticles.
- Oxidation of 4-substituted Hantzsch 1,4-dihydropyridines.
- Selective oxidation of sufides to sulfoxides.
- PreparationBismuth nitrate pentahydrate can be obtained by dissolving metallic bismuth granules in nitric acid, or by pouring molten metallic bismuth into an acid solution while stirring.
Bhattacharya, Asish K., and T. Kaur. Cheminform 38.30(2007):0745-0748.
Aggen, David H., et al. Tetrahedron 35.31(2004):3675-3679.
Brahmachari, Goutam, and S. Das. Cheminform 43.28(2012):1479-1484.
Srivastava, Neeta, S. K. Dasgupta, and B. K. Banik. Tetrahedron Letters 34.17(2003):1191-1193.
Banik, Bimal K., I. Garcia, and F. R. Morales. Cheminform 38.33(2007):no-no.
Srivastava, N, and B. K. Banik. Cheminform 68.6(2003):2109-14.
- Chemical PropertiesWhite Crystal
- Physical propertiesLustrous triclinic crystals; acid taste; hygroscopic; density 2.83 g/cm3; decomposes at 75°C; reacts slowly with water; soluble in acids and acetone; insoluble in alcohol.
- UsesAn excellent oxidant for a variety of 4-substituted Hantzsch 1,4-dihydropyridines.1 Convenient reagent for selective oxidation of sufides to sulfoxides.2
- UsesBismuth Nitrate Pentahydrate acts as a precursor in the prepoaration of photocatalysts.
- PreparationBismuth nitrate is prepared by dissolving bismuth in concentrated nitric acid, followed by evaporation and crystallization .
Bismuth nitrate pentahydrate Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Nitric acid BISMUTH, STANDARD SOLUTION 1000 MG/L BI FOR AA (BISMUTH(III) NITRATE IN NITRIC ACID 0,5 MOL/L) BISMUTH (III) NITRATE, HYDROUS Bismuth subnitrate Sodium thiosulfate pentahydrate Bismuth nitrate oxide Econazole nitrate BISMUTH(III) IODIDE Miconazole Nitrate Bismuth(III) nitrate hydrate, Puratronic(R), 99.999% (metals basis),BISMUTH (III) NITRATE Bismuth nitrate pentahydrate Hydrazinium hydroxide solution Bismuth(III) nitrate solution Bismuth nitrate Potassium nitrate Ammonium nitrate Sodium nitrate NITRATE
Bismuth nitrate pentahydrateSupplierMore
- Company Name:Chengdu HuaXia Chemical Reagent Co. Ltd Gold
- Tel:18981987031 400-1196-196
- Company Name:Shanghai Aladdin Bio-Chem Technology Co.,LTD Gold
- Tel:400-620-6333 021-20337333-801
- Company Name:Shanghai Scientia Pharmaceutical Technology Co., Ltd. Gold
- Tel:13917723525 21-54301573-
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-