ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > API > Digestive system drugs > Antacid and Mucosal protective Drugs > Bismuth trioxide
Bismuth trioxide Chemical Properties
- Melting point:825 °C
- Boiling point:1890°C
- Density 8.9
- Flash point:1890°C
- storage temp. Store at +5°C to +30°C.
- solubility 0.006g/l practically insoluble
- form powder
- color Yellow
- Specific Gravity8.9
- Water Solubility INSOLUBLE
- Merck 14,1273
- CAS DataBase Reference1304-76-3(CAS DataBase Reference)
- NIST Chemistry Referencebismuth(III) oxide(1304-76-3)
- EPA Substance Registry SystemBismuth trioxide (1304-76-3)
Bismuth trioxide Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical PropertiesHeavy, Yellow Powder
- Chemical PropertiesBismuth(III) oxide is the compound produced by heating the metal, or its carbonate, in air. It is definitely a basic oxide, dissolving readily in acid solutions, and unlike the arsenic or antimony compounds, not amphiprotic in solution, although it forms stoichiometric addition compounds on heating with oxides of a number of other metals. It exists in three modifications, white rhombohedral, yellow rhombohedral, and gray-black cubical. Bismuth(II) oxide, BiO, has been produced by heating the basic oxalate.
- Physical propertiesYellow monoclinic crystal or powder; density 8.90 g/cm3; melts at 817°C; vaporizes at 1,890°C; insoluble in water; soluble in acids.
- OccurrenceBismuth trioxide occurs in nature as mineral bismite. The oxide is used in fireproofing of papers and polymers; in enameling cast iron ceramic; and in disinfectants.
- UsesIn disinfectants, magnets, glass, rubber vulcanization; in fireproofing of papers and polymers; in catalysts.
- PreparationBismuth trioxide is commercially made from bismuth subnitrate. The latter is produced by dissolving bismuth in hot nitric acid. Addition of excess sodium hydroxide followed by continuous heating of the mixture precipitates bismuth trioxide as a heavy yellow powder. Also, the trioxide can be prepared by ignition of bismuth hydroxide.
Bismuth trioxide Preparation Products And Raw materials
- ETHYLENE OXIDE (Diethoxymethyl)diphenylphosphine oxide COBALT(III) OXIDE BLACK Zinc oxide Magnesium oxide NITROUS OXIDE Arsenic(III) oxide Dititanium trioxide BISMUTH(III) IODIDE Yttrium oxide Diantimony trioxide Bismuth trioxide Sulfur trioxide Trioxide Iron oxide Boron oxide BISMUTH HYDROXIDE BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE
- Company Name:Sinopharm Chemical Reagent Co,Ltd. Gold
- Company Name:Shanghai guanghua technology co., LTD Gold
- Tel:13801626616 021-51098368-807
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-
- Company Name:INTATRADE GmbH
- Tel:+49 3493/605464