ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Inorganic chemistry > Inorganic salts > Metal Sulphides and sulphates > Potassium bisulfate
Potassium bisulfate Chemical Properties
- Melting point:214 °C(lit.)
- Boiling point:decomposes [STR93]
- Density 2.32 g/mL at 25 °C(lit.)
- storage temp. 5-15°C
- solubility H2O: 1 M at 20 °C, clear, colorless
- form Solid
- color White
- Specific Gravity2.322
- PH1 (50g/l, H2O, 20℃)
- Water Solubility soluble
- Sensitive Hygroscopic
- Merck 14,7613
- Stability:Stable. Moisture sensitive.
- CAS DataBase Reference7646-93-7(CAS DataBase Reference)
- EPA Substance Registry SystemPotassium bisulfate (7646-93-7)
Potassium bisulfate Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical PropertiesAlso known as acid potassium sulfate and potassium acid sulfate, KHS04 is water soluble, white deliquescent crystals,which melt at 214°C. It is used in wine making, fertilizer manufacture, and as a flux and food preservative.
- UsesAs flux in analysis of ores and siliceous Compounds.
- General DescriptionPotassium bisulfate is a colorless crystalline solid with a sulfur odor. Potassium bisulfate may cause illness from ingestion. If heated to high temperatures Potassium bisulfate may emit toxic fumes. Potassium bisulfate is used to make fertilizers and wine.
- Air & Water ReactionsFused salt is deliquescent, Soluble in water, yielding a corrosive acidic solution.
- Reactivity ProfileAcidic salts, such as Potassium bisulfate , are generally soluble in water. The resulting solutions contain moderate concentrations of hydrogen ions and have pH's of less than 7.0. They react as acids to neutralize bases. These neutralizations generate heat, but less or far less than is generated by neutralization of inorganic acids, inorganic oxoacids, and carboxylic acid. They usually do not react as either oxidizing agents or reducing agents but such behavior is not impossible. Many of these compounds catalyze organic reactions.
- Health HazardTOXIC; inhalation, ingestion or skin contact with material may cause severe injury or death. Contact with molten substance may cause severe burns to skin and eyes. Avoid any skin contact. Effects of contact or inhalation may be delayed. Fire may produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases. Runoff from fire control or dilution water may be corrosive and/or toxic and cause pollution.
- Fire HazardNon-combustible, substance itself does not burn but may decompose upon heating to produce corrosive and/or toxic fumes. Some are oxidizers and may ignite combustibles (wood, paper, oil, clothing, etc.). Contact with metals may evolve flammable hydrogen gas. Containers may explode when heated.
- Safety ProfileModerately toxic by ingestion. A corrosive irritant to the skin, eyes, and mucous membranes. When heated to decomposition it emits toxic fumes of SOx and K2O. Can form an explosive mixture. See also SULFATES.
- Purification MethodsCrystallise it from H2O (1mL/g) between 100o and 0o. It is also formed when a warm solution of K2SO4 in conc H2SO4 is cooled down.
Potassium bisulfate Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Raw materialsSodium pyruvate
- Preparation ProductsAcroleinPyruvic acid9-VINYLANTHRACENE4-HydroxystyreneEthyl N-Boc-4-methylpiperidine-4-carboxylate1-BOC-4-ETHYL-4-PIPERIDINECARBOXYLIC ACID1-BROMO-4-(METHYLSULPHONYL)-2-NITROBENZENE2-Fluoropyridine-5-carboxaldehydeL-MethionineTRIOXSALENCefpodoxime proxetil 4-Ethenylphenol acetateSodium pyruvateTirofiban4-METHYLUMBELLIFERYL PHOSPHATE DISODIUM SALT(S)-2,6-Bis-tert-butoxycarbonylaminohexanoic acid2-SULFANYLISONICOTINIC ACID4-Chloro-alpha-methylstyreneN-Boc-D-prolinetert-Butyl N-(2-bromoethyl)carbamatePOTASSIUM METABISULFITE3-Chlorostyrene8-Hydroxyquinoline potassium sulfate
- Sodium bisulfate Potassium sulfate Potassium Losartan potassium Potassium sorbate SINIGRIN P-NITROPHENYL SULFATE POTASSIUM SALT ALUMINUM POTASSIUM SULFATE 6-BROMO-2-NAPHTHYL SULFATE, POTASSIUM SALT Potassium bisulfate Potassium persulfate POTASSIUM HYDROGEN SULFITE Potassium chloride POTASSIUM CYANIDE Potassium Acetate Potassium bromate POTASSIUM PEROXYMONOSULFATE Potassium peroxymonosulfate
Potassium bisulfate SupplierMore
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-
- Company Name:Alfa Aesar
- Company Name:Energy Chemical
- Tel:400-005-6266 021-58432009
- Company Name:Beijing Ouhe Technology Co., Ltd
- Tel:13552068683 010-82967028-