ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > API > Circulatory system drugs > Antihypertensive drugs > Losartan potassium
Losartan potassium Chemical Properties
- Melting point:263-265°C
- storage temp. Desiccate at RT
- solubility Freely soluble in water and in methanol, slightly soluble in acetonitrile.
- form powder or crystals
- Merck 14,5583
- BRN 5845770
- CAS DataBase Reference124750-99-8(CAS DataBase Reference)
Losartan potassium Usage And Synthesis
- DescriptionAs a angiotensin II receptor antagonist, Losartan Potassium is the potassium salt of losartan with antihypertensive activity, which is mainly used in the therapy of high blood pressure (hypertension) and diabetic nephropathy. It functions by relaxing blood vessels so that blood can flow more easily. It is also effective to help protect the kidneys from damage caused by diabetes and lower the risks of stroke in patients suffering from hypertension and myocardial enlargement. Besides, recent study has suggested that losartan is beneficial to reverse age related dysfunction in maintaining normal blood pressure and cellular energy usage on mitochondria and it can probably be used to treat left ventricular hypertrophy. It may also be used as an alternative agent for the treatment of systolic dysfunction, myocardial infarction, coronary artery disease, and heart failure.
- DescriptionLosartan potassium is the first potent and selective non-peptide angiotensin II (AT II) AT1 receptor antagonist introduced to the market as a once-daily oral antihypertensive. It is efficacious and long lasting in controlling blood pressure in spontaneous hypertensive rats, in patients with essential hypertension in addition to those patients with renal impairment. Since losartan functions by competitive antagonism at the level of receptor, which represents the most direct way of selectively inhibiting the renin-angiotensin system (RAS) independent of the source of AT II, its use has been reported to be free of the coughing side effect exhibited by the ACE inhibitors. In contrast to calcium channel blockers, losartan does not appear to cause ankle edema, headache and tachycardia. It is also reported to be in clinical trials for the treatment of heart failure. Other reports indicate that losartan may have potential efficacy as an anxiolytic, an antiglaucoma agent, in addition to in providing protection against stroke and in preventing the myointimal proliferative response of the vascular wall after coronary angioplasty and surgery.
- Chemical PropertiesWhite to Off-White Crystalline Powder
- OriginatorDuPont Merck (U.S.A.)
- UsesA nonpeptide angiotensin II AT1-receptor antagonist. Antihypertensive.
- Usesantihypertensive, AT1 angiotensin II antagonist
- UsesCoronary vasodilator used in the diagnosis of coronary heart disease (adenosine A2A agonist).
- brand nameCozaar (Merck).
- Biological ActivitySelective non-peptide angiotensin AT 1 receptor antagonist. Inhibits the contractile effects of angiotensin II on rabbit aorta and jugular vein (pA 2 = 8.27). Orally active antihypertensive agent.
- Losartan potassium Thiophanate-methyl Losartan Nitrotetrazolium blue chloride Difluorochloromethane Kresoxim-methyl Methyl Potassium persulfate Methyl salicylate Biphenyl Potassium sorbate 2,3,5-Triphenyltetrazolium chloride Potassium nitrate Tribenuron methyl Potassium Citrate Tetrazole METSULFURON METHYL Potassium
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-
- Company Name:3B Pharmachem (Wuhan) International Co.,Ltd.
- Tel:18930552037 821-50328103-801
- Company Name:TCI (Shanghai) Development Co., Ltd.
- Tel:021-67121386 / 800-988-0390
- Company Name:BeiJing Hwrk Chemicals Limted
- Tel:010-57411838 010-57411839-