ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Chemical pesticides > Herbicide > Urea herbicides > Tribenuron methyl
Tribenuron methyl Chemical Properties
- Melting point:141°C
- Density 1.4143 (rough estimate)
- vapor pressure 1.24 at pH 7 (25 °C)
- refractive index 1.6460 (estimate)
- storage temp. 0-6°C
- form neat
- Water Solubility 55 g l-1(25 °C)
- CAS DataBase Reference101200-48-0(CAS DataBase Reference)
- EPA Substance Registry SystemTribenuron-methyl (101200-48-0)
Tribenuron methyl Usage And Synthesis
- UsesMethomyl is a broad spectrum carbamate insecticide with both contact and oral toxicity to control chewing and sucking Lepidotera, Homoptera, Coleoptera and Hemiptera pests in vegetable, orchard, vine and field crops.
- DefinitionChEBI: The methyl ester of tribenuron.
- General DescriptionColorless crystals. Non corrosive. Used as an herbicide.
- Air & Water ReactionsHydrolysis occurs rapidly at pH <7 or >12.
- Reactivity ProfileA sulfonylurea derivative.
- Agricultural UsesHerbicide: Used to control annual grasses and broadleaf weeds on barley, blueberries, oats, wheat, flax and rape seed (canola). Registered for use in EU countries . Registered for use in the U.S. U.S. Maximum Allowable Residue Levels for the residues of the herbicide tribenuron methyl [40 CFR 180.451(a)]: in or on the following raw agricultural commodities: barley, grain 0.05 ppm; barley, straw 0.10ppm; canola, seed 0.02 ppm; cotton, gin byproducts 0.02 ppm; cotton, undelinted seed 0.02 ppm; flax, seed 0.02 ppm; oat, grain 0.05 ppm; oat, straw 0.10ppm; wheat, grain 0.05ppm; and wheat, straw 0.10 ppm. Tolerances with regional registration, as defined in 180.1(n), are established. [40 CFR 180.451(c)]: in or on the following raw agricultural commodities: grass, forage, fodder and hay, group (except Bermudagrass); forage 0.10ppm; and grass, forage, fodder and hay, group (except Bermudagrass); hay 0.10 ppm.
- Trade nameALLY®; CANVAS®; DPX-L-5300®; EXPRESS®; EXPRESS®-75 DF; HARMONY EXTRA®; INL-5300®; L 5300®; MATRIX®
- Metabolic pathwayThe chemical structure of tribenuron methyl possesses a mono-N-methyl group in the sulfonylurea linkage which is a unique sulfonylurea herbicide and undergoes complex degradation reactions in the environment. Tribenuron methyl degrades into many degradation products, as indicated in the pathways by photolytic and hydrolytic chemical reactions and by biological degradations by mammal, plant, and soil. It is interesting to note that photolysis in different solvents yields diverse products depending on the individual solvents.
- DegradationMethomyl (1) was hydrolysed under alkaline conditions at 25 °C (DT50
ca. 14 days) and was stable under neutral to acidic conditions [DT50 > 30
days at pH 5 and 7 (Friedman, 1983)l. Cleavage of the carbamate ester
bond is the primary degradation pathway, yielding S-methyl N-hydroxy-thioacetimidate
Irradiation of methomyl in dilute aqueous solution at 254 nrn yielded acetonitrile (3), dimethyl disulfide, acetone, N-ethylidenethylamine and carbon dioxide (Freeman and Ndip, 1984). Methomyl does not absorb sunlight but underwent degradation to acetonitrile by indirect photolytic reactions in/on soil surfaces (Swanson, 1986).
Tribenuron methyl Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Preparation Products
- Raw materialsXyleneMethyl formate2-[[[[(4-Methoxy-6-methyl-1,3,5-triazin-2-yl)amino]carbonyl]amino]sulfonyl]benzoic acid methyl esterDicyanodiamideTriethylenediamineButyl isocyanate2-Amino-4-methoxy-6-methyl-1,3,5-triazineo-Toluic acidcyanic acidN-2,4-DIMETHYLPHENYL-N'-METHYLFORMAMIDINE1,3,5-TriazineDiphosgeneBENZENESULFONYL ISOCYANATE2-Carbomethoxybenzenesulfonamide
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:010-82848833- ;010-82848833-
- Company Name:XiaoGan ShenYuan ChemPharm co,ltd
- Tel:0712-2580635- ;0712-2580635
- Company Name:Syntechem Co.,Ltd
- Tel:Please Email
- Company Name:Tangshan Moneide Trading Co., Ltd.
- Company Name:BEST-REAGENT
- Tel:400-1166-196;028-84555506- ;028-84555506-