Sodium pyruvate Chemical Properties
- Melting point:>300 °C (lit.)
- Boiling point:>300℃
- Density 1,267g/cm
- refractive index 1,426-1,43
- storage temp. 2-8°C
- solubility H2O: 100 mg/mL
- form solution
- color White to Pale Yellow
- PHpH(100g/l, 25℃) : 4.0～8.0
- Water Solubility Soluble in water.
- BRN 3568341
- Stability:Stable. Incompatible with strong oxidizing agents.
- CAS DataBase Reference113-24-6(CAS DataBase Reference)
- EPA Substance Registry SystemSodium pyruvate (113-24-6)
Sodium pyruvate Usage And Synthesis
- DescriptionSodium pyruvate is the sodium salt of pyruvate. It is frequently supplemented to the cell culture medium to act as a source of energy since it is a key intermediate during the production of the high-energy ATP molecules inside cells. For example, it can be used as a carbon source for bacteria. It may also protect cell against hydrogen peroxide, an oxidant to scavenger oxygen radicals. It is an important metabolic intermediate in many essential metabolic pathways such as carbohydrate metabolism. For example, it is converted into acetyl coenzyme A and enters into the TCA cycle (Kreb’s cycle) in organisms. It is also involved in the amino acid metabolism in organisms.
- Chemical PropertiesWhite to slightly yellow crystalline pow
- UsesIntermediate in sugar metabolism and in enzymatic carbohydrate degradation (alcoholic fermentation) where it is converted to acetaldehyde and CO2 by carboxylase. In muscle, Pyruvic acid (derived from glycogen) is reduced to lactic acid during exertion, which is reoxidized and partially retransformed to glycogen during rest. The liver can convert Pyruvic acid to alanine by amination. A diagnostic agent for Parkinson disease
- Biological FunctionsSodium pyruvate (α-Ketopropionic acid sodium salt; 2-Oxopropanoic acid sodium salt；Pyruvic acid sodium; C3H3NaO3) as an important endogenous small molecules participates various tissue and organ metabolism processes that is the final product of glycolysis and the starting substrate for the tricarboxylic acid (TCA) cycle, and possesses antioxidant and scavenging free radical effects, thus widely using as buffer, excipient and antioxidant in medicine, diagnostic reagent and medical device.
Sodium pyruvate is an endogenous antioxidant and reactive oxygen radical scavenger. In this process, H2O2 or other reactive oxygen radicals are scavenged by sodium pyruvate by a nonenzymatic reaction or an oxidative dephosphorylation, and produce acetate, water and carbon dioxide. Thus, sodium pyruvate can suppress renal cellular injury induced by H2O2, such as lipid peroxidation of rat kidney homogenate, and cytosolic 51Cr release (a marker of cellular injury) from renal epithelial cells induced by H2O2. Thus, sodium pyruvate as effect antioxidant has potential in the clinical medication. Moreover, as effect antioxidant, sodium pyruvate is also as additives used in a vast range of foods and toiletries.
Taidi, Behnam, et al. "Effect of carbon source and concentration on the molecular mass of poly (3-hydroxybutyrate) produced by Methylobacterium extorquens and Alcaligenes eutrophus." Applied microbiology and biotechnology 40.6 (1994): 786-790.
Sodium pyruvate Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Dulbecco’s MEM (DMEM) High Glucose w/o L-Glutamine, Phenol Red, Arginine, Sodium Pyruvate (Powder) SODIUM PYRUVATE-3-13C,D3,Sodium pyruvate-3-13C, 3,3,3-d3 sodium pyruvate-1,2-13c2 SODIUM PYRUVATE (1-13C),SODIUM PYRUVATE(1-13C), 5 - 10% DIMER PHENYLPYRUVIC ACID SODIUM SALT MONOHYDRATE DMEM w/ 4.5 g/l glucose, w/out L-glutamine or sodium pyruvate with 1.0 g/l D(+)-Glucose and L-Glutamine, with sodium pyruvate without sodium hydrogen carbonate DMEM (DULBECCO''S MOD. EAGLE - MEDIUM) WITHOUT SODIUM PYRUVATE SODIUM PYRUVATE (2,3-13C2),Sodium Pyruvate-13C3 MESOXALIC ACID MONOHYDRATE DISODIUM SALT 3-METHYL-2-OXOPENTANOIC ACID SODIUM SALT Sodium 3-methyl-2-oxobutanoate 2-KETOVALERIC ACID, SODIUM SALT BETA-FLUOROPYRUVIC ACID SODIUM SALT sodium phenylglyoxylate sodium Sodium hyaluronate 8-CHLOROADENOSINE-3',5'-CYCLIC MONOPHOSPHOROTHIOATE, RP-ISOMER SODIUM SALT
- Company Name:Shanghai lian lu industrial co., LTD Gold
- Tel:18616369749 021-57937586-
- Company Name:Springchem New Material Technology Co.,Ltd Gold
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-
- Company Name:Alfa Aesar
- Feb 25，2020
- Dec 19，2019
- Sep 20，2019