ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Flavors and fragrances > Synthetic fragrances > Halogen, sulfur, nitrogen compounds > Sulfur-nitrogen-containing compounds > 5-(2-Hydroxyethyl)-4-methylthiazole
Basic information Content analysis Toxicity Usage limit FEMA Chemical properties Application Preparation Safety Related Supplier
5-(2-Hydroxyethyl)-4-methylthiazole Chemical Properties
- Melting point:<25 °C
- Boiling point:135 °C7 mm Hg(lit.)
- Density 1.196 g/mL at 25 °C(lit.)
- FEMA 3204 | 4-METHYL-5-THIAZOLEETHANOL
- refractive index n
- Flash point:>230 °F
- storage temp. Store below +30°C.
- solubility alcohol: soluble(lit.)
- form liquid (clear, viscous)
- color deep yellow
- Specific Gravity1.196
- Odormeaty, roasted odor
- Sensitive Stench
- JECFA Number1031
- Merck 14,6126
- BRN 114249
- CAS DataBase Reference137-00-8(CAS DataBase Reference)
- NIST Chemistry Reference5-Thiazoleethanol, 4-methyl-(137-00-8)
- EPA Substance Registry System5-Thiazoleethanol, 4-methyl- (137-00-8)
5-(2-Hydroxyethyl)-4-methylthiazole Usage And Synthesis
- Content analysisIt was determined by gas chromatography (GT-10-4) using a nonpolar column method.
- ToxicityGRAS (FEMA)
- Usage limit FEMAsoft drinks, cold drinks, candy, baked goods, jelly, pudding, jelly sugar, seasonings, meat products, meat soup, milk and dairy products as well as cereal product: 55.0mg/kg.
- Chemical propertiesIt appears as colorless to pale yellow viscous oily liquid. The color will turn dark after being subject to long-term storage. It emit unpleasant thiophene compound odor with high dilution generating nut aroma. The boiling point is 103 ° C (133 Pa), or 135 ° C (933 Pa). It is easily soluble in water, soluble in ethanol, ether, benzene and chloroform.
- Used as temporarily allowable food spices;
- For nuts, dairy products, meat products, etc., as pharmaceutical intermediates;
- Used for the deployment of chocolate, milk and nuts
- PreparationIt is obtained from the reduction of 4-methyl thiazole 5-ethyl acetate reduction with lithium aluminum hydride.
- Description4-Methy 1-5-thiazoleethanol has the characteristic disagreeable odor of thiazole compounds. It is somewhat pleasant and nut-like on extreme dilution. It may be prepared by reduction of ethyl- 4-methylthiazole-5-acetate using LiAlH4; by condensation of thioformamide with bromoacetopropanol or with y,y-dichloro-y,ydiacetodipropyl ether.
- Chemical Properties4-Methyl-5-thiazoleethanol has a disagreeable odor typical of thiazole compounds; somewhat pleasant, reminiscent of beef and nut-like, on extreme dilution
- Chemical PropertiesColorless to light yellow liqui
- OccurrenceReported found in grilled and roasted beef, cognac, brandy, Finnish whiskey, cocoa, peanuts, beans and malt.
- PreparationBy reduction of ethyl-4-methylthiazole-5-acetate using LiAlH4; by condensation of thioformamide with bromoacetopropanol or with γ, y-dichloro-γ,γ-diacetodipropyl ether
- DefinitionChEBI: A 1,3-thiazole that is thiazole substituted by a methyl group at position 4 and a 2-hydroxyethyl group at position 5.
- Taste threshold valuesTaste characteristics at 20 ppm: meaty, brothy, roasted, metallic and nutty.
5-(2-Hydroxyethyl)-4-methylthiazole Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Preparation Products2-[2-(4-Fluorophenyl)-2-oxo-1-phenylethyl]-4-methyl-3-oxo-N-phenylpentanamide
- Raw materialsLithium aluminium hydrideTHIOFORMAMIDE4-Methylthiazole
- 5-(1-hydroxyethyl)-4-methylthiazole 4-Methyl-5-thiazolylethyl acetate METHYL (2,4-DIPHENYLTHIAZOL-5-YL)ACETATE IFLAB-BB F0239-0030 Thiamine nitrate THIAMINE MONOPHOSPHATE CHLORIDE*DIHYDRAT E 3-[(4-Amino-2-methyl-5-pyrimidinyl)methyl]-5-(2-hydroxyethyl)-4-methylthiazolium dodecyl sulfate OXYTHIAMINE HYDROCHLORIDE Cocarboxylase tetrahydrate THIAMINE PHOSPHORIC CHLORIDE 3-BENZYL-5-(2-HYDROXYETHYL)-4-METHYLTHIAZOLIUM CHLORIDE 3,4-DIMETHYL-5-(2-HYDROXYETHYL)THIAZOLIUM IODIDE 2-(2,4-DIPHENYL-1,3-THIAZOL-5-YL)ACETIC ACID THIAMINEPHOSPHORIC ACID ESTER PHOSPHATE THIAMINE MONOPHOSPHATE CHLORIDE Cocarboxylase Thiamine chloride tert-Butyl (4R,6R)-2-[[[6-(2-4-fluorophenyl)-5-isopropyl-3-phenyl-4-(phenylcarbamoyl)pyrrol-1-yl]ethyl]-2,2-dimethyl-1,3-dioxan-4-yl]acetate
- Company Name:Qingdao Free Trade Zone United International Co.,Ltd. Gold
- Tel:18561902820 0532-83893697-
- Products Intro:Product Name:Sulfurol; 4-Methyl-5-(2'-hydroxyethyl)-thiazole; 4-Methyl-5-hydroxyethylthiazole; 5-(2-Hydroxyethyl)-4-Methylthiazole; 4-Methyl-5-beta-hydroxyethyl thiazole
Purity:99% Min Package:1/5kg net aluMiniuM bottle Or 25/50/200kg net iron druM
- Company Name:Wutong Aroma Chemicals Co., Ltd Gold
- Products Intro:Product Name:5-Hydroxyethyl-4-methylthiazol
- Company Name:Shanghai Orgchem Co.,Ltd. Gold
- Tel:+86-21-5877 1921
- Products Intro:Product Name:4-Methyl-5-thiazoleethanol
- Company Name:Shanghai sinco chem Co.,Ltd. Gold
- Products Intro:CAS:137-00-8
- Company Name:Shanghai Qianhe Biological Technology Co., Ltd. Gold
- Tel:13621714589 021-58337595-
- Products Intro:Product Name:5-(2-Hydroxyethyl)-4-methylthiazole