ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Chemical Reagents > Organic reagents > Esters > Carboxylic Acid Esters > Tocopheryl acetate
Tocopheryl acetate Chemical Properties
- Melting point:-28°C
- Boiling point:224 °C0.3 mm Hg(lit.)
- Density 0.96 g/mL at 20 °C(lit.)
- vapor density 16.3 (vs air)
- refractive index n
- Flash point:>230 °F
- storage temp. 2-8°C
- solubility Practically insoluble in water, freely soluble in acetone, in anhydrous ethanol and in fatty oils.
- form neat
- color Clear yellow viscous liquid
- Specific Gravity0.962 (20/4℃)
- Water Solubility Immiscible with water.
- Sensitive Air & Light Sensitive
- Merck 14,9495
- BRN 97512
- CAS DataBase Reference7695-91-2(CAS DataBase Reference)
- NIST Chemistry Reference(+)-«ALPHA»-tocopherol acetate(7695-91-2)
- EPA Substance Registry System2H-1-Benzopyran-6-ol, 3,4-dihydro-2,5,7,8-tetramethyl-2-(4,8,12-trimethyltridecyl)-, acetate (7695-91-2)
- Language:EnglishProvider:3,4-Dihydro-2,5,7,8-tetramethyl-2-(4,8,12-trimethyltridecyl)-2H-benzopyran-6-yl acetate
Tocopheryl acetate Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical PropertiesLight yellow to yellow clear liquid
- Usesanti-Altzheimer therapeutic
- Usesvitamin E acetate (tocopherol acetate) is an anti-oxidant with skinmoisturizing activity. given its free-radical scavenging properties, it is useful in uV protective products. Vitamin e acetate is commonly used to replace vitamin e because it is more stable and is converted to vitamin e by the body.
- UsesVitamin E (α-tocopherol) occurs naturally in most vegetable oils. The highest concentrations are found in com, soybean oils, sunflower seed, wheat germ, rapeseed, alfalfa, and lettuce. It is claimed to have age-retardant properties. May produce erythemamultiforme-like eruptions. It is used in a number of cosmetic products; creams are used for scars, striae, and bums; in pharmaeeutical ereams and deodorants; as an antioxidant in foods.
- HazardA reproductive hazard.
- Contact allergensTocopherol and tocopheryl acetate are used mainly as antioxidants. Tocopheryl acetate, an ester of tocopherol (vitamin E), can induce allergic contact dermatitis.
- Purification MethodsIt is a viscous liquid which is purified by distillation under high vacuum under N2 or Ar and stored in sealed ampoules in the dark. It is considerably more stable to light and air than the parent unacetylated vitamin. It is insoluble in H2O but freely soluble in organic solvents. All eight stereoisomers have been synthesised. The commercially pure d-tocopheryl acetate (2R,4'R,8'R) has b 180-200o/0.7mm and  D 20 +3.9o (c 5, EtOH); see above. [Cohen et al. Helv Chim Acta 64 1158 1981, Beilstein 17/4 V 169.]
Tocopheryl acetate Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Vitamin D3 VITAMIN E ACETATE (D-FORM),D-α-Tocopheryl acetate,D-ALPHA-TOCOPHERYL ACETATE,D-A-TOCOPHERYL ACETATE,D-VITAMIN E ACETATE Ammonium acetate Ethyl acetate Isopropyl acetate Goserelin acetate Sodium acetate Butyl acetate Magnesium acetate 1-Methoxy-2-propyl acetate Vinyl acetate ACETATE Trenbolone acetate 2-Butoxyethyl acetate 2,6-Dimethyl-7-octen-2-ol Vitamin E CELLULOSE ACETATE Tocopherol
- Company Name:Wuhan Jingxiu Research Biological Co., Ltd. Gold
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-
- Company Name:3B Pharmachem (Wuhan) International Co.,Ltd.
- Tel:18930552037 821-50328103-801
- Company Name:Alfa Aesar