ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Chemical Reagents > Organic reagents > aliphatic ketones > Trimethylhydroquinone
Basic information The intermediate of Vitamin E Chemical Properties Uses Production method Safety Related Supplier
Trimethylhydroquinone Chemical Properties
- Melting point:169-172 °C(lit.)
- Boiling point:295 °C (759.8513 mmHg)
- Density 0.9595 (rough estimate)
- refractive index 1.4464 (estimate)
- Flash point:191 °C
- solubility methanol: 0.1 g/mL, clear
- form Crystalline Powder
- color Beige
- Water Solubility 2 g/L (20 ºC)
- BRN 1909183
- Stability:Stable. Combustible. Incompatible with strong oxidizing agents.
- CAS DataBase Reference700-13-0(CAS DataBase Reference)
- NIST Chemistry ReferenceTrimethylhydroquinone(700-13-0)
- EPA Substance Registry System1,4-Benzenediol, 2,3,5-trimethyl- (700-13-0)
Trimethylhydroquinone Usage And Synthesis
- The intermediate of Vitamin ETrimethylhydroquinone and isophytol are two intermediate in the synthesis of vitamin E, currently trimethylhydroquinone in world market is mainly produced by BASF and Roche, it can not meet the needs of vitamin E. The 2,3,5-trimethyl hydroquinone of China is put into operation by only a few companies, China has become the world's second largest feed production country, if the amount of vitamin E in animal feed reach the average level of foreign words, the annual consumption vitamin E is nearly 2000t. According to Chinese feed industry planning, the amount of feed demand synthetic vitamin E is about 2500t in 2005. Furthermore, the needs of vitamin E in pharmaceutical, food, cosmetics and other needs for vitamin E will grow steadily in the future. So in the last ten years, or even 20 years, the future market 2,3,5-trimethyl hydroquinone can not be not saturated. The development of this project has broad application prospects.
Vitamin E is not only used as a medicine, feed, food, cosmetic additives, but also get more and more applications in industry, such as industrial antioxidants, polyolefin non-toxic, biodegradable stabilizer. A sharp increase in domestic and international market demand for vitamin E is present. The naturally occurring vitamin E is very limited, so timely start-up and expansion of production of vitamin E will bring better economic benefits.
The above information is edited by the chemicalbook of Wang Xiaodong.
- Chemical PropertiesIt is crystalline solid. When heated, it can sublimate, when esposed to moisture, it can turn black easily. It can be slightly soluble in water, soluble in ethyl alcohol, insoluble in petroleum ether. Melting point is 173℃.
- UsesThe product is main ring of vitamin E, it can condensation with isophytol to get vitamin E.
Organic intermediates, pharmaceutical intermediates, it can be used for the synthesis of VE.
- Production methodBy sulfonation, nitration, reduction, oxidation 1,2,4-trimethylbenzene can get 2,3,5-trimethyl benzoquionone ([935-92-2]). 2,3,5-trimethyl benzoquionone is yellow needle crystallization, melting point is 32℃ (38-29.5℃), the boiling point is 53℃(53Pa). Said step of products are generally to obtain a solution of petroleum ether or gasoline. In 2,3,5-trimethyl gasoline solution (petroleum ether), hydrosulfite solution is added with stirring, stir at room temperature for 3h, then filter, the cake should be washed with 0.5% hydrosulfite solution, and then dry to get trimethyl hydroquinone.
- Chemical Propertiesoff-white, tan or orange powder
- Safety ProfileExperimental reproductive effects. When heated to decomposition it emits acrid smoke and irritating fumes.
- Purification MethodsRecrystallise the hydroquinone from water, under anaerobic conditions. [Beilstein 6 H 931, 6 IV 5997.]
Trimethylhydroquinone Preparation Products And Raw materials
- D-gamma-Tocopherol STICTIC ACID CARDINAL RED AMMONIUM CARMINATE 6-HYDROXY-2,5,7,8-TETRAMETHYLCHROMAN-2-CARBOXYLIC ACID ISLANDICIN DUROHYDROQUINONE 3,5,6,8-TETRAHYDROXY-1-METHYL-9,10-DIOXO-7-((2S,3S,4S,5R,6S)-3,4,5-TRIHYDROXY-6-HYDROXYMETHYL-TETRAHYDRO-PYRAN-2-YL)-9,10-DIHYDRO-ANTHRACENE-2-CARBOXYLIC ACID 7,8-Dimethyltocol LABOTEST-BB LT00244777 5,8-DIMETHYLTOCOL FUMARPROTOCETRARIC ACID 1,4-DIHYDROXY-2,3-DIMETHYLANTHRAQUINONE DL-ALPHA-TOCOPHEROL HYDROGEN SUCCINATE CATENARIN CYNODONTIN Vitamin E nicotinate Quinhydrone
- Company Name:Tianjin Zhongxin Chemtech Co., Ltd. Gold
- Company Name:Shanghai TongYuan Chemical Co., Ltd. Gold
- Tel:13701855675 021-69182866-
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:future industrial shanghai co., ltd
- Company Name:Alfa Aesar