ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > API > Vitamins and Minerals medicines > Vitamin C drugs > Tocopherol
Tocopherol Chemical Properties
Tocopherol Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical PropertiesViscous oils. Soluble in fats; insoluble in water. Stable to heat in the absence of oxygen, to strong acids, and to visible light; unstable to UV light, alkalies, and oxidation.
- UsesFat-soluble vitamin E, which is a light yellow oil readily degradable by heat. As a vitamin, it is essential for normal muscle growth and prevents vitamin A destruction by deterioration. It also functions as an antioxidant. It prevents the oxidation of certain fatty acids and is stable unless the food becomes rancid. Vegetable oils contain a higher concentration of natural antioxidants, including tocopherols, than animal fats and are thus more stable. Tocopherol is obtained from vegetable oils, beans, eggs, and milk. It is also termed alpha-tocopherol.
- UsesMedicine, nutrition, antioxidants for fats, animal feed additive.
- Definition(vitamin E). Any of a group of related substances (α-, β-, γ-, andΔ-tocopherol) that constitute vitamin E. The α-form (which occurs naturally as the d-isomer) is the most potent. Occurs naturally in plants, especially wheat germ. All are derivatives of dihydrobenzo-γ-pyran and differ from each other only in the number and position of methyl groups. Vitamin E is required by certain rodents for normal reproduction. Muscular and central nervous system depletion along with generalized edema are deficiency symptoms in all animals. It is not required as a dietary supplement for humans.
- Vitamins kit Sigma V-1 Retinyl acetate ALL-TRANS-RETINAL VD3 crystall,Cholecalciferol Methylhexahydrophthalic anhydride Vitamin E D-alpha-Tocopheryl acetate DL-ALPHA-TOCOPHEROL ACETATE ALPHA-TOCOPHEROL Vitamin B12 MULTIVITAMIN Riboflavin Fattyalkyl dimethyl amine Tocopheryl acetate Thiamine nitrate Vitamin AD3 alkylolamide(s) Tocopherol
- Company Name:- Gold
- Tel:15009293170 029-86107037-8024
- Company Name:BOC Sciences
- Company Name:Beijing HuaMeiHuLiBiological Chemical
- Company Name:Shanghai Tauto Biotech Co., Ltd
- Company Name:Hubei XinyuanShun Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Tel:13971561712 / 13995564702 / 027-50664929