ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > API > Vitamins and Minerals medicines > Vitamin B drugs > Pyridoxal phosphate
Pyridoxal phosphate Chemical Properties
- Melting point:140-143 °C
- Boiling point:565.7±60.0 °C(Predicted)
- Density 1.638±0.06 g/cm3(Predicted)
- storage temp. Inert atmosphere,Store in freezer, under -20°C
- form powder
- CAS DataBase Reference54-47-7(CAS DataBase Reference)
- EPA Substance Registry System4-Pyridinecarboxaldehyde, 3-hydroxy-2-methyl-5-[(phosphonooxy)methyl]- (54-47-7)
Pyridoxal phosphate Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical PropertiesLight yellow crystalline
- UsesVitamin (enzyme co-factor).
- DefinitionThe coenzyme of amino acid metabolism that also is the active group of various decarboxylases and other types of enzymes. It is closely related to pyridoxine.
- Synthesis Reference(s)Journal of the American Chemical Society, 73, p. 4693, 1951 DOI: 10.1021/ja01154a062
- Purification MethodsPLP has been purified by dissolving 2g in H2O (10-15mL, in a dialysis bag a third full) and dialysing with gentle stirring against 1L of H2O (+ two drops of toluene) for 15hours in a cold room. The dialysate is evaporated to 80-100mL, then lyophilised. Lemon yellow microscopic needles of the monohydrate remain when all the ice crystals have been removed. The purity is checked by paper chromatography (in EtOH or n-PrOH/NH3) and the spot(s) visualised under UV light after reaction with a spray of p-phenylene diamine, NH3 and molybdate. Solutions stored in a freezer are 2-3% hydrolysed in 3weeks. At 25o, only 4-6% hydrolysis occurs even in N NaOH or HCl, and 2% is hydrolysed at 37o in 1day-but is complete at 100o in 4hours. It is best stored as a dry solid at -20o. In aqueous acid the solution is colourless but is yellow in alkaline solutions. It has UV max at 305nm ( 1100) and 380nm ( 6550) in 0.1 N NaOH; 330nm ( 2450) and 388nm ( 4,900) in 0.05M phosphate buffer pH 7.0 and 295nm ( 6700) in 0.1N HCl. [Peterson et al. Biochemical Preparations 3 34, 119 1953.] The oxime decomposes at 229-230o and is practically insoluble in H2O, EtOH and Et2O. The O-methyloxime decomposes at 212-213o. [Heyl et al. J Am Chem Soc 73 3430 1951.] It has also been purified by column chromatography through Amberlite IRC-50 (H+) [Peterson & Sober J Am Chem Soc 76 169 1954]. [Beilstein 21/13 V 46.]
Pyridoxal phosphate Preparation Products And Raw materials
- substance P, alpha-N-Arg(1)-epsilon-N-Lys(3)-di-(pyridoxal phosphate)- Pentasodium triphosphate hexhydrate METHYL THIOPHENE-2-CARBOXYLATE Clindamycin phosphate AMPHISOL A phosphate Methyl Pyridoxal phosphate phosphate ester starch Water treatment agent POE (4-Formyl-5-hydroxy-6-methylpyridin-3-yl)methyl dihydrogen phosphate 4-pyrrolidin-1-yl-1-(2,4,6-trimethoxyphenyl)butan-1-one 2-Chloro-5-chloromethylpyridine Pyridoxal hydrochloride pyridylaldehyde SULPHOSUCCINIC ACID ESTER CHLOROPHOSPHONAZO III ROCK PHOSPHATE pyridoxal
- Company Name:Taizhou Ruixin Chemical Co., Ltd. Gold
- Tel:15867635987 0576-89085261
- Company Name:Shanghai Yiyao Biological Technology Co.,Ltd Gold
- Tel:13002115108 021-59211067
- Company Name:Kono Chem Co.,Ltd Gold
- Tel:13279399072 029-86107037-8009
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:3B Pharmachem (Wuhan) International Co.,Ltd.
- Tel:18930552037 821-50328103-801