pyridoxal Chemical Properties
- Melting point:165 °C
- Boiling point:412.8±40.0 °C(Predicted)
- Density 1.360±0.06 g/cm3(Predicted)
- storage temp. Inert atmosphere,2-8°C
- pkapKa 4.20 (H2O t = 25 I = 0.1)(Approximate)
- EPA Substance Registry System4-Pyridinecarboxaldehyde, 3-hydroxy-5-(hydroxymethyl)-2-methyl- (66-72-8)
pyridoxal Usage And Synthesis
- DefinitionChEBI: A pyridinecarbaldehyde that is pyridine-5-carbaldehyde bearing methyl, hydroxy and hydroxymethyl substituents at positions 2, 3 and 4 respectively.
- Enzyme inhibitorThis photosensitive aldehyde form of vitamin B6 (FW = 167.16 g/mol), systematically referred to as 3-hydroxy-5-(hydroxymethyl)-2-methyl-4- pyridinecarboxaldehyde, is the immediate precursor to the coenzyme pyridoxal 5’-phosphate (PLP) and is often a weaker competitive inhibitor of PLP binding to PLP-dependent enzymes). Pyridoxal is soluble in water (1 g/2 mL) and sensitive to heat, particularly at alkaline pH. The pKa values are 4.23 (phenol OH), 8.70 (pyridinium NH+), and 13.0. Pyridoxal has a lmax value of 252 nm at pH 7.0 (e = 8200 M–1cm–1). It is typically supplied as the hydrochloride. Target(s): O-acetylhomoserine aminocarboxypropyltransferase, or O-acetylhomoserine (thiol)-lyase; alanine racemase; aldehyde dehydrogenase; arginine decarboxylase; cystathionine b-lyase, or cystine lyase; cysteine synthase; dextransucrase; b-fructofuranosidase, or invertase; glutamate dehydrogenase; hemoglobin S polymerization; hydroxyacyl-glutathione hydrolase, or glyoxalase II; kynurenine 3- monooxygenase; lactoylglutathione lyase, or glyoxalase I; NMN nucleosidase; phosphopantothenoylcysteine decarboxylase; porphobilinogen synthase, or d-aminolevulinate dehydratase; pyridoxal kinase; pyridoxal phosphatase, weakly inhibited; starch phosphorylase; thiamin phosphatase; tyrosinase; and xanthine dehydrogenase.
pyridoxal Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Preparation ProductsPyridoxal hydrochloride
- Cocarboxylase GSSG 4-Pyridoxic acid Pyridoxal 5'-phosphate monohydrate 3-hydroxy-2-methyl-5-[(phosphonooxy)methyl]pyridine-4-carbaldehyde, compound with 1-[(3,4-dimethoxyphenyl)methyl]-6,7-dimethoxyisoquinoline (1:1) PPADS TETRASODIUM SALT PYRIDOXAL 5-PHOSPHATE, [14C] PYRIDOXAL-5'-PHOSPHATE-6-(2'-NAPHTHYLAZO-6'-NITRO-4',8'-DISULFONATE) TETRASODIUM SALT 6-fluoropyridoxal pyridoxal Pyridoxal hydrochloride PYRIDOXAL GALACTOSIDE MRS 2211
- Company Name:China Langchem Inc.
- Company Name:ChemStrong Scientific Co.,Ltd
- Tel:15920483169 0755-66853366-
- Company Name:Shenzhen SUNGENING Bio-Medical Co., Ltd.
- Tel:18818684823 0755-28967200-8056
- Company Name:Chemwill Asia Co.,Ltd.
- Company Name:Shanghai Haohong Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.