ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Food Additives > Nutrition supplements > Vitamins > Pyridoxine hydrochloride
Pyridoxine hydrochloride Chemical Properties
- Melting point:214-215 °C(lit.)
- Density 1.2784 (rough estimate)
- vapor density 7.1 (vs air)
- refractive index 1.5800 (estimate)
- Flash point:9℃
- storage temp. 2-8°C
- solubility H2O: 0.1 g/mL at 20 °C, clear, colorless
- form Crystalline Powder
- color White to almost white
- PH Range3.2
- Water Solubility 0.1 g/mL (20 ºC)
- Sensitive Light Sensitive
- Merck 14,7982
- BRN 3632435
- Stability:Stable. Protect from air and light.
- CAS DataBase Reference58-56-0(CAS DataBase Reference)
- EPA Substance Registry System5-Hydroxy-6-methyl-3,4-pyridinedimethanol, hydrochloride (58-56-0)
- Language:EnglishProvider:2-Methyl-3-hydroxy-4,5-bis(hydroxymethyl)pyridine hydrochloride
Pyridoxine hydrochloride Usage And Synthesis
- Nutrition supplementsPyridoxine hydrochloride is the hydrochloride salt of Vitamin B6. Vitamin B6 (B6) is a water-soluble vitamin, which can be found in various foods such as fish, poultry, whole grains, legumes, banana, nuts, and sesame.Vitamin B6 has an important role in the metabolism of amino acids as a coenzyme, pyridoxal 5'-phosphate.B6 may exert an anticolon tumor effect by the protection of the colon epithelium from damage in rats treated with 1,2-dimethylhidrazine (DMH) and to decreased lithocholic acid, a colon carcinogen. Vitamin B6 may prevent such diseases by lowering inflammation.
- Chemical PropertiesWhite or almost white, crystalline powder.
- UsesOne of the vitamins of the B6 complex; present in many foodstuffs (yeast, liver and cereals). It has a role in transporting protein Bsu1, contributes to thiamine uptake; characterization of thiamine (vitamin B1) transporter Thi9 from Schizosaccharomyces p
- UsesPyridoxine is one of the vitamins of the B6 complex; present in many foodstuffs (yeast, liver and cereals). Pyridoxine has a role in transporting protein Bsu1, Pyridoxine contributes to thiamine uptak e; characterization of thiamine (vitamin B1) transporter Thi9 from Schizosaccharomyces pombe.
- UsesPyridoxine Hydrochloride is an acid form of vitamin b6, a water- soluble vitamin. it is soluble in water, and slightly soluble in alco- hol. it is slowly affected by sunlight and is reasonably stable in air. it has a ph of 2.3–3.5. it is also termed vitamin b6 hydrochloride. see pyridoxine.
- DefinitionAn aldehyde derivative of pyridoxine, with vitamin B6activity,
- brand nameHexa-Betalin (Lilly).
- Safety ProfilePoison by intravenous route. Moderately toxic by ingestion, intramuscular, and subcutaneous routes. Human reproductive effects by ingestion and intramuscular routes: postpartum changes. Experimental reproductive effects. Human mutation data reported. When heated to decomposition it emits very toxic fumes of NOx and HCl.
- Purification MethodsPurify the vitamin by recrystallisation from EtOH/Me2CO, n-BuOH or MeOH/Et2O. Its solubility in H2O is 22%, and in EtOH it is 1.1%. It is insoluble in Et2O and CHCl3. Acidic aqueous solutions are stable at 120o/30minute. The free base has m 159-160o after recrystallisation from Me2CO and sublimation at 140-145o/0.0001mm. It has UV max at 290nm ( 84,000), 253 and 325nm ( 3,700 and 7,100) in 0.1N aqueous HCl. [Khua & Wendt Chem Ber 71 780 1938, 72 311 1939, Harris & Folkers J Am Chem Soc 61 1242 1939, Harris et al. J Am Chem Soc 62 3198 1940, Beilstein 21/5 V 492.]
Pyridoxine hydrochloride Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Pyridoxine hydrochloride Triethylamine hydrochloride 2,2-Bis(hydroxymethyl)propionic acid Methyl Pyridine hydrochloride Kresoxim-methyl Thiophanate-methyl Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride Pyridoxamine dihydrochloride CHLOROPHOSPHONAZO III 2-Hydroxy-4-methylpyridine Sibutramine hydrochloride Topotecan hydrochloride Tramadol hydrochloride Methoxyammonium chloride Bensulfuron methyl Methylparaben Methyl bromide
- Company Name:Nanjing Jinhao Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. Gold
- Company Name:Wuhan Huajiu Pharmaceutical Technology Co.,Ltd. Gold
- Tel:18062681621 027-59218639-
- Company Name:Wuhan Dingtong Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd Gold
- Tel:18327179646 027-59207795
- Company Name:Tianjin Zhongxin Chemtech Co., Ltd.
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Feb 17，2020