ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Chemical Reagents > Organic reagents > Esters > Ethyl compound > Ethyl 2-chloropropionate
Ethyl 2-chloropropionate Chemical Properties
- Boiling point:146-149 °C (lit.)
- Density 1.072 g/mL at 25 °C (lit.)
- refractive index n
- Flash point:101 °F
- storage temp. Flammables area
- solubility alcohol: miscible
- Specific Gravity1.085 (20/4℃)
- Water Solubility immiscible
- Merck 14,3785
- BRN 773906
- CAS DataBase Reference535-13-7(CAS DataBase Reference)
- NIST Chemistry ReferenceEthyl 2-chloropropionate(535-13-7)
- EPA Substance Registry SystemEthyl-2-chloropropionate (535-13-7)
Ethyl 2-chloropropionate Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical Propertiesclear colorless liquid
- Chemical PropertiesEthyl-2-chloropropionate is a liquid with a pleasant odor
- General DescriptionA clear colorless liquid with a pungent odor. Flash point of 100°F. Denser than water and insoluble in water. Vapors are heavier than air.
- Air & Water ReactionsHighly flammable. Insoluble in water.
- Reactivity ProfileEthyl 2-chloropropionate is a halogenated ester. Esters react with acids to liberate heat along with alcohols and acids. Strong oxidizing acids may cause a vigorous reaction that is sufficiently exothermic to ignite the reaction products. Heat is also generated by the interaction of esters with caustic solutions. Flammable hydrogen is generated by mixing esters with alkali metals and hydrides.
- Health HazardMay cause toxic effects if inhaled or absorbed through skin. Inhalation or contact with material may irritate or burn skin and eyes. Fire will produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases. Vapors may cause dizziness or suffocation. Runoff from fire control or dilution water may cause pollution.
- Fire HazardHIGHLY FLAMMABLE: Will be easily ignited by heat, sparks or flames. Vapors may form explosive mixtures with air. Vapors may travel to source of ignition and flash back. Most vapors are heavier than air. They will spread along ground and collect in low or confined areas (sewers, basements, tanks). Vapor explosion hazard indoors, outdoors or in sewers. Runoff to sewer may create fire or explosion hazard. Containers may explode when heated. Many liquids are lighter than water.
- Potential ExposureThis material is used in organic synthesis.
- ShippingUN2935 Ethyl 2-chloropropionate, Hazard Class: 3; Labels: 3-Flammable liquid.
- IncompatibilitiesFlammable liquid; forms explosive mixture with air. Incompatible with oxidizers (chlorates, nitrates, peroxides, permanganates, perchlorates, chlorine, bromine, fluorine, etc.); contact may cause fires or explosions. Keep away from alkaline materials, strong bases, strong acids, oxoacids, epoxides, and reducing agents. Esters are generally incompatible with nitrates. Moisture may cause hydrolysis or other forms of decomposition. Esters react with acids releasing heat in addition to alcohols and acids. Contact with caustic solutions generate heat. Contact with esters with alkali metals and hydrides releases flammable hydrogen.
Ethyl 2-chloropropionate Preparation Products And Raw materials
- 3-CYCLOHEXENE-1-CARBOXYLIC ACID METHYL ESTER 2,4-Difluoronitrobenzene flurbiprofen 4-Acetyl-2-fluorobiphenyl Flurbiprofen Impurity 8 Flurbiprofen Impurity 15 2,4-Difluorobiphenyl diethyl (3-fluoro-4-nitrophenyl)methylmalonate 4'-hydroxyflurbiprofen 2-Fluorobiphenyl-4-carboxylic Acid Flurbiprofen Impurity Flurbiprofen Related Impurity 1 4-ETHYL-2-FLUORO-1,1'-BIPHENYL diethyl (4-amino-3-fluorophenyl)methylmalonate Flurbiprofen Impurity 16 (2-FLUORO-4-BIPHENYL)ACETIC ACID α-Hydroxy Flurbiprofen 2-Methylpropanedioic acid
- Company Name:Changzhou Liren Medical Technology Co. Ltd. Gold
- Tel:13915836899 0519-85859058
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-
- Company Name:Alfa Aesar
- Company Name:TCI (Shanghai) Development Co., Ltd.
- Tel:021-67121386 / 800-988-0390