ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > API > Hormones and the Endocrine System > Adrenal corticosteroids > Clobetasol propionate
Clobetasol propionate Chemical Properties
- Melting point:195.5-1970C
- alpha D +103.8° (c = 1.04 in dioxane)
- Boiling point:569.0±50.0 °C(Predicted)
- Density 1.1653 (estimate)
- storage temp. -20°C Freezer
- solubility Practically insoluble in water, freely soluble in acetone, sparingly soluble in ethanol (96 per cent).
- form neat
- CAS DataBase Reference25122-46-7(CAS DataBase Reference)
Clobetasol propionate Usage And Synthesis
- Mechanism of ActionClobetasol Propionate is the propionate salt form of clobetasol, a topical synthetic corticosteroid with anti-inflammatory, anti-pruritic, and vasoconstrictive properties. Clobetasol propionate exerts its effect by binding to cytoplasmic glucocorticoid receptors and subsequently activates glucocorticoid receptor mediated gene expression. This results in the synthesis of certain anti-inflammatory proteins, while inhibiting the synthesis of certain inflammatory mediators. Specifically, clobetasol propionate appears to induce phospholipase A2 inhibitory proteins, thereby controlling the release of the inflammatory precursor arachidonic acid from membrane phospholipids by phospholipase A2.
- IndicationsClobetasol propionate is the 17-O-propionate ester of clobetasol and it derives from a clobetasol and a propionic acid. A potent corticosteroid, it is used to treat various skin disorders, including exzema and psoriasis.
Clobetasol propionate was patented in 1968 and came into medical use in 1978. It is available as a generic medication. Clobetasol propionate is used for the treatment of various skin disorders including eczema, herpes labialis, psoriasis, and lichen sclerosus. It is also used to treat several auto-immune diseases, including alopecia areata, lichen planus (auto immune skin nodules), and mycosis fungoides (T-cell skin lymphoma). It is used as first-line treatment for both acute and chronic GVHD of the skin.
- Chemical PropertiesWhite or almost white, crystalline powder.
- UsesFor short-term topical treatment of the inflammatory and pruritic manifestations of moderate to severe corticosteroid-responsive dermatoses of the scalp.
- UsesTopical corticosteroid. Glucocorticoid; anti-inflammatory.
Clobetasol propionate (Cormax, Temovate, Embeline, Olux) is one of the most potent of the currently available agents and is indicated for short-term treatment of inflammatory or hyperplastic disorders. It is a synthetic fluorinated corticosteroid. It may cause a more rapid or prolonged response than other topical corticosteroids. It is recommended that clobetasol have a maximum application of 60 g/week for no longer than 14 days without occlusion and that it should not be used in children below age 12.
- DefinitionChEBI: The 17-O-propionate ester of clobetasol. A potent corticosteroid, it is used to treat various skin disorders, including exzema and psoriasis.
- brand nameClobex (Galderma); Clobex (Galderma); Embeline (Healthpoint); Olux (Connetics); Temovate (Altana).
- 2-FLUORO-2-METHYL-PROPAN-1-OL 11-CHLORO-1-UNDECENE 6-Chlorohexanol 1-FLUOROTETRADECANE 1-chlorotridecane 3-Chloropropyl acetate 4-Chloro-2-methyl-2-butanol 1-Chlorotetradecane TERT-BUTYL FLUORIDE Halobetasol propionate 3-ACETOXY-2-BUTANONE 1-chloro-5-methyl-heptane 3-ACETOXY-3-METHYL-2-BUTANONE 1-ACETOXY-3-CHLOROACETONE TRANS-2-FLUOROCYCLOHEXANOL Clobetasol propionate Epichlorohydrin Chloroacetic acid
- Company Name:Wuhan lanabai Pharmaceutical Chemical Co., Ltd Gold
- Tel:15307151931 027-81819291-
- Company Name:Wuhan Zeno Biological Technology Co., Ltd. Gold
- Company Name:Hubei Xingyinhe Chemical Co., Ltd. Gold
- Company Name:Hubei Jianwen Biomedical Co., Ltd. Gold
- Company Name:Wuhan Xiang Dingda Biotechnology Co., Ltd. Gold