ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Inorganic chemistry > Inorganic salts > Metal halide and Halogen salt > Metal chlorides and salt > Iron chloride hexahydrate
Iron chloride hexahydrate
Iron chloride hexahydrate Chemical Properties
- Melting point:37 °C(lit.)
- Boiling point:280-285 °C(lit.)
- Density 1,82 g/cm3
- vapor pressure 1 mm Hg ( 194 °C)
- Flash point:280-285°C
- storage temp. Store at RT
- solubility 920g/l
- form purified lumps
- color yellow-brown lumps
- Specific Gravity1.82
- PH1.8 (10g/l, H2O, 25℃)
- Water Solubility 920 g/L (20 ºC)
- Sensitive Hygroscopic
- Merck 14,4019
- Stability:Stable. Incompatible with strong oxidizing agents. Forms explosive mixtures with sodium and potassium. Hygroscopic.
- CAS DataBase Reference10025-77-1(CAS DataBase Reference)
Iron chloride hexahydrate Usage And Synthesis
- DescriptionFerric Chloride is the chloride of the Iron (III) form. It has various kinds of applications. In industry, it can be used in sewage treatment and drinking water production (for example, used for arsenic removal); used as a leaching agent in chloride hydrometallurgy; for etching copper in two-step redox reactions to copper (I) chloride and then to copper chloride during production of printed circuit boards; as the catalyst for the synthesis of ethylene dichloride from the reaction of ethylene with chlorine. In laboratory, it is commonly employed as a Lewis acid for catalysing reactions such as chlorination of aromatic compounds and Friedel–Crafts reaction of aromatics. The ferric chloride test can be used as a traditional colorimetric test for phenols. Ferric chloride can also be applied for the determination of total cholesterol and cholesterol esters. In disease field, it can be used to induce arterial thrombosis for thrombosis research. It can also be used for decolorization of disperse and reactive dye solutions.
Hering, Janet G., et al. "Arsenic removal by ferric chloride." Journal 88.4(1996):155-167.
Chiamori, N, and R. J. Henry. "Study of the ferric chloride method for determination of total cholesterol and cholesterol esters. American Journal of Clinical Pathology 31.4(1959):305-309.
Wang, X., and L. Xu. "An optimized murine model of ferric chloride-induced arterial thrombosis for thrombosis research. Thrombosis Research 115.2(2005):95-100.
Kim, Tak Hyun, et al. "Decolorization of disperse and reactive dye solutions using ferric chloride. Desalination 161.1(2004):49-58.
- Chemical PropertiesYellow/brown solid
- Uses:Iron chloride hexahydrate can be used in clinical reagents (amino acids in urine).
- DefinitionChEBI: A hydrate that is the hexahydrate form of iron trichloride.
- Purification MethodsAn aqueous solution, saturated with the salt at room temperature, is cooled to -20o for several hours. Separation of the crystals is slow, even with scratching and seeding, and it is generally necessary to stir this overnight. The presence of free HCl retards crystallisation. [Linke J Phys Chem 60 91 1956].
Iron chloride hexahydrate Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Raw materialsChlorineFerric chlorideOxygenFerrous chloride
- Preparation ProductsFerric chlorideGlycerolLepidine(R)-(+)-1,1'-Bi-2-naphthol4-Quinolinecarboxaldehyde(S)-(-)-1,1'-Bi-2-naphtholN-BOC-3-AMINOOXETANE-3-CARBOXYLIC ACID3-Chloro-4-fluoroanilineMETHYL 3-AMINOOXETANE-3-CARBOXYLATE3-Cyano-4-hydroxybenzoic acid2-FluorophenylacetoneStevioside6-CHLORO-2-METHYLQUINOLINEEDTA ferric sodium saltBUTRALIN3-Aminophenylacetylene4-AMINO-N,N-DIMETHYLBENZYLAMINE(1S)-(+)-3-CareneSOLVENT BLACK 5Iron naphthenate
- Ferric sulfate Nickel(II) nitrate hexahydrate Magnesium chloride hexahydrate Aluminium chloride hexahydrate 2-[[(2-ethylphenyl)(2-hydroxyethyl)amino]methyl]-3,3-difluoro-Propanenitrile Iron(III) chloride hexahydrate, ACS, 97% FERRIC CHLORIDE HEXAHYDRATE ACS REAGENT Ferrous chloride tetrahydrate Iron chloride hexahydrate Methylene Chloride Calcium chloride Choline chloride Nickel chloride Ammonium ferric citrate Potassium chloride Ferric chloride Ammonium chloride Sodium chloride
Iron chloride hexahydrateSupplierMore
- Company Name:Shanghai Aladdin Bio-Chem Technology Co.,LTD Gold
- Tel:400-620-6333 021-20337333-801
- Company Name:Langfang pengcai fine chemical co., ltd. Gold
- Tel:17301291189 0316-2132008-
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-
- Company Name:INTATRADE GmbH
- Tel:+49 3493/605464