ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Inorganic chemistry > Inorganic salts > Metal nitrates and nitrites > Nickel(II) nitrate hexahydrate
Nickel(II) nitrate hexahydrate
Nickel(II) nitrate hexahydrate Chemical Properties
- Melting point:56 °C(lit.)
- Boiling point:137 °C
- Density 2.05 g/mL at 25 °C(lit.)
- Flash point:137°C
- storage temp. Store at +5°C to +30°C.
- solubility 940g/l
- form flakes
- color Green to blue
- Specific Gravity2.05
- PH5 (50g/l, H2O, 20℃)
- Water Solubility 238.5 g/100 mL (20 ºC)
- Sensitive Hygroscopic
- Merck 14,6513
- Stability:Stable. Strong oxidizer. Incompatible with reducing agents.
- CAS DataBase Reference13478-00-7(CAS DataBase Reference)
- Hazard Codes O,T,Xi,Xn,N
- Risk Statements 45-8-22-43-40-68-50/53-48/23-42/43-41-38-20/22-61-49
- Safety Statements 53-17-36/37-45-61-60
- RIDADR UN 2725 5.1/PG 3
- WGK Germany 3
- RTECS QR7300000
- TSCA Yes
- HS Code 2834 29 20
- HazardClass 5.1
- PackingGroup III
- ToxicityLD50 orally in Rabbit: 1620 mg/kg
Nickel(II) nitrate hexahydrate Usage And Synthesis
- DescriptionNickel (II) nitrate hexahydrate is the hexahydrate form of the nickel (II) nitrate. Nickel nitrate (chemical formula: Ni(NO3)2) is manufactured by the reaction of nickel oxide with nitric acid. The nickel (II) nitrate hexahydrate can be used as a precursor during the manufacturing of other nickel salts and supported nickel catalysts. For example, it is the precursor for the manufacturing of nickel sulfide-reduced graphene oxide (RGO) composite powders. It can also be used for the manufacturing of nickel and nickel oxide nanocrystals impregnated O-MWCNTs which is useful in semiconductor industries. Moreover, it can also be used in electroplating and as a mordent in textile dyeing. Finally, it can be used to improve the cycling stability and rate capability o Li2MnO2.
- PreparationNickel nitrate hexahydrate may be prepared by several methods based on the reaction of dilute nitric acid on nickel powder, nickel oxide or nickel carbonate. The reaction is exothermic and requires controlled cooling during production. The hexahydrate can be dehydrated to anhydrous salt by treatment with fuming nitric acid.
- DescriptionNickel (II) nitrate hexahydrate appears as green crystals and substantially soluble in water. It is stable, a strong oxidiser, and incompatible with reducing agents. It has wide industrial applications in nickel plating as catalysts and is indirectly associated with other industries of nickel alloy manufacturers, nickel miners, smelters and refiners, nickel platers, and exposure to alloys, for example, in coinage.
- Chemical PropertiesGreen crystal
- PreparationEmerald green crystals of the hexahydrate Ni(N03)2?6H20 crystallize
from aqueous solutions at room temperature. These are isomorphous with the corresponding
cobalt(II) salt containing the regular octahedral [Ni(H20)6]2+ ions with Ni-O distances = 2.03 A. The tetrahydrate crystallize above 54° and the dihydrate above 85.4°.
The pale green anhydrous nitrate can be obtained by dehydration of the hydrate with
dinitrogen pentoxide in fuming nitric acid or by the liquid phase reaction of dinitrogen
tetroxide with nickel carbonyl [the gas phase reaction gives the nitrite Ni(N02)2]
Ni(CO)4+2N2O4 -* Ni(N03)2+2NO+4CO
The first product of this latter rather violent reaction is the adduct Ni(NO3)2N2O4 from which the nitrogen tetroxide is removed by heating in vacuo. It can also be prepared by the reaction of dinitrogen tetroxide-ethyl acetate mixtures with nickel(II) chloride. The infrared spectrum shows it to be a typical covalent nitrate. It is involatile and decomposes upon heating in nitrogen to give the nitrite Ni(NO2)2 above 260°.
- Safety ProfileConfirmed carcinogen. Moderately toxic by ingestion. When heated to decomposition it emits toxic fumes of NOx. See also NICKEL(II) NITRATE.
- Purification MethodsCrystallise it from water (3.3g/mL) by partial evaporation in a desiccator. Store it in a desiccator as it is deliquescent.
Nickel(II) nitrate hexahydrate Preparation Products And Raw materials
- SAMARIUM NITRATE HEXAHYDRATE YTTRIUM NITRATE HEXAHYDRATE Ceric ammonium nitrate Aluminium nitrate nonahydrate Ferric nitrate nonahydrate Lithium nitrate Rubidium nitrate Zirconium nitrate TRIS(BATHOPHENANTHROLINE)NICKEL-(II) NITRATE Nickel(Ii)Nitrate6Hydrate[Crystal,Solution40%] Nickel nitrate, Matrix Modifier Solution, Specpure NICKEL NITRATE, 5% NICKEL NICKEL NITRATE (NI(NO3)2 XH20) 99.999% 25G Nickel nitrate dihydrate Nickel nitrate tetraamine NICKEL, STANDARD SOLUTION 1000 MG/L NI FOR AA (NICKEL(II) NITRATE IN NITRIC ACID 0,5 MOL/L) NICKEL NITRATE (NI(NO3)2 XH20) 99.999% 5G NICKEL NITRATE, MATRIX MODIFIER SOLUTION, SPECPURE®
Nickel(II) nitrate hexahydrateSupplierMore
- Company Name:MINS GROUP CO.,LIMITED Gold
- Company Name:Shandong Nayazuo Chemical Technology Co. LTD Gold
- Tel:18660992876 400-873-6778
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:3B Pharmachem (Wuhan) International Co.,Ltd.
- Tel:18930552037 821-50328103-801
- Company Name:Alfa Aesar