ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Organic Chemistry > Organometallic compounds > Organosodium > EDTA ferric sodium salt
EDTA ferric sodium salt
EDTA ferric sodium salt Chemical Properties
- storage temp. room temp
- form powder
- color Yellow-brown
- Water Solubility soluble
- Merck 14,4031
- CAS DataBase Reference15708-41-5(CAS DataBase Reference)
- EPA Substance Registry SystemFerrate(1-), [[N,N'-1,2-ethanediylbis[N-[(carboxy-.kappa.O)methyl]glycinato-.kappa.N,.kappa.O]](4-)]-, sodium (1:1), (OC-6-21)- (15708-41-5)
EDTA ferric sodium salt Usage And Synthesis
- DescriptionEDTA ferric sodium salt is the ferric sodium salt of EDTA (Ethylene Diamine Tetraacetic Acid). It is a broad-spectrum molluscicide that is capable of killing snails and slugs and protecting agricultural crops and garden plants. In particular, it can eliminate infestations of Cornu aspersum, the common garden snail. It takes effect through interacting with and destroying hemocyanin, a copper based compound existing in the blood of molluscs and anthropods that is engaged in carrying oxygen (play a similar role with hemoglobin invertebrates). It is capable of killing snails and slugs in a few days. It can also be used as a food fortifier and a source of iron to be supplemented to the foods for nutrition purposes.
- ReferencesHaldane, S. L, and R. M. Davis. "Acute toxicity in five dogs after ingestion of a commercial snail and slug bait containing iron EDTA. " Australian Veterinary Journal 87.7(2009):284-286.
Yang, Jin Sun, X. N. Tang, and S. L. Zhou. "Effects of EDTA and some metallic ions on the activity of phenoloxidase from Oncomelania snail." Journal of Pathogen Biology (2007).
Tao, A. N., X. J. Yan, and L. I. Guo-Ting. "Research on the New Preparation Process of Food Fortifier EDTA Ferric Sodium." China Condiment (2013).
- Chemical Propertiesyellow-brown powder
- UsesUsed as a micronutrient fertilizer, an additive in the food industry, a catalyst in the chemical industry and bleaching agent in the photographic industry.
- DefinitionChEBI: An iron chelate resulting from the deprotonation of all four carboxy groups of ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid and the addition of an iron(3+) and a sodium ion. It is used for the treatment of iron deficiency anaemia.
EDTA ferric sodium salt Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid Ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid disodium salt Sodium edetate Manganese disodium EDTA trihydrate EDTA magnesium disodium Copper disodium EDTA Sodium hydroxide Ethylenediamine Tetraacetylethylenediamine SODIUM NITROPRUSSIDE EDTA ferric sodium salt Sodium chloride Sodium bicarbonate Diclofenac sodium Disodium edetate dihydrate 8-CHLOROADENOSINE-3',5'-CYCLIC MONOPHOSPHOROTHIOATE, RP-ISOMER SODIUM SALT Dipotassium EDTA SOD EDTA
EDTA ferric sodium saltSupplierMore
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-
- Company Name:Alfa Aesar
- Company Name:TCI (Shanghai) Development Co., Ltd.
- Tel:021-67121386 / 800-988-0390
- Company Name:BeiJing Hwrk Chemicals Limted
- Tel:18600197062 0757-86311057-