ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Biochemical Engineering > Biochemical Reagents > Biological Dyes > Sunset Yellow FCF
Sunset Yellow FCF
Sunset Yellow FCF Chemical Properties
- Melting point:390°C (dec.)
- Boiling point:162.4°C
- solubility Soluble in water, ethanol
- Colour Index 15985
- form crystals
- color Orange-red
- Water Solubility 5-10 g/100 mL at 24 ºC
- λmax480 nm
- Merck 14,9001
- Stability:Stable. Combustible. Incompatible with strong oxidizing agents.
- Biological ApplicationsMedical devices; treating bone metabolic diseases,dermatological disorders,mitochondrial diseases,respiratory illness
- CAS DataBase Reference2783-94-0(CAS DataBase Reference)
- IARC3 (Vol. 8, Sup 7) 1987
- EPA Substance Registry SystemC.I. Food Yellow 3 (2783-94-0)
- Language:EnglishProvider:Disodium 6-hydroxy-5-[(4-sulphonatophenyl)azo]naphthalene-2-sulphonate
Sunset Yellow FCF Usage And Synthesis
- DescriptionFD & C Yellow No. 6 is principally the disodium salt of 6-hydroxy5-[(4-sulfophenyl)azo]-2-napthalenesulfonic acid. The trisodiumsalt of 3-hydroxy-4-[(4-sulfophenyl)azo]-2,7-napthal-enedisul- fonic acid may be added in small amounts.
The colorant is an orange powder that dissolves in water to give a solution yellow-orange at neutrality or in acid and red-brown in base. When dissolved in concentrated sulfuric acid, it yields an orange solution that turns yellow when diluted with water. It is slightly soluble in 95% ethanol.
FD & C Yellow No. 6 is used in various food items including dessert powders, cereals, bakery goods, snack foods, confectionery products, maraschino cherries, sausage, ice cream, sherbet, dairy products, and beverages. It is also used in cosmetics, ingested and externally applied drugs and dietary supplements.1 .
- Chemical Propertiesorange-red crystals or powder
- UsesSunset Yellow FCF (FD&C Yellow #6) is a colorant. It has good stability to changes in ph, showing no appreciable change at ph 3–8. It has excellent solubility in water with a solubility of 19 g in 100 ml at 25°c. It has moderate stability to light, fair stability to oxidation, good stability to heat, and shows appreciable change in 10% sugar systems. It has a reddishyellow hue and has good tinctorial strength. It has moderate compatibility with food components and is used in beverages, bakery goods, dessert confections, and ice cream.
- UsesProvisionally listed for use in food, drugs and cosmetics. Sunset Yellow is useful in fermented foods which must be heat treated. It may be found in orange sodas, orange jelly, marzipan, Swiss rolls, apricot jam, citrus marmalade, lemon curd, sweets, hot chocolate mix and packet soups, trifle mix, breadcrumbs, snack chips, shelf fresh noodles, cheese sauce mixes. Sunset Yellow is a sulfonated ver sion of Sudan I, a possible carcinogen. Sunset Yellow itself may be responsible for causing an allergic reaction in people with an aspirin intolerance, resulting in various symptoms, including gastric upset, diarrhea, vomiting, nettle rash (urticaria), swelling of the skin (angioedema) and migraines.
- UsesProvisionally listed for use in food, drugs and cosmetics.
- General DescriptionOrange-red crystals or a red powder.
- Air & Water ReactionsAzo dyes can be explosive when suspended in air at specific concentrations. Soluble in water.
- Reactivity ProfileFood Yellow 3 is an azo compound. Azo, diazo, azido compounds can detonate. This applies in particular to organic azides that have been sensitized by the addition of metal salts or strong acids. Toxic gases are formed by mixing materials of this class with acids, aldehydes, amides, carbamates, cyanides, inorganic fluorides, halogenated organics, isocyanates, ketones, metals, nitrides, peroxides, phenols, epoxides, acyl halides, and strong oxidizing or reducing agents. Flammable gases are formed by mixing materials in this group with alkali metals. Explosive combination can occur with strong oxidizing agents, metal salts, peroxides, and sulfides.
- Health HazardSYMPTOMS: It can cause enlargement of the caecum and weight loss.
- Fire HazardFlash point data for Food Yellow 3 are not available; however, Food Yellow 3 is probably combustible.
- Safety ProfileLow toxicity by ingestion and intraperitoneal routes. Mutation data reported. When heated to decomposition it emits very toxic fumes of NOx and SOx.
Sunset Yellow FCF Preparation Products And Raw materials
- BANASS-BRILLIANT YELLOW,BANASS-BRILLIANT YELLOW METHANOL(90) AMACEL YELLOW GLF ATLANTIC RESIN FAST YELLOW NRLSW Food Yellow 4:1 C.I.Food Yellow 9 Sulfamic acid p-Toluenesulfonic acid Tartrazine Phosphorus Perfluorodecalin 1-DODECANESULFONIC ACID SODIUM SALT Disodium monofluorophosphate Phenylacetone Taurine FOOD YELLOW 2,2'-Azobis(2-methylpropionitrile) Naphthalene CHLOROPHOSPHONAZO III
Sunset Yellow FCFSupplierMore
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-
- Company Name:TCI (Shanghai) Development Co., Ltd.
- Tel:021-67121386 / 800-988-0390
- Company Name:Beijing dtftchem Technology Co., Ltd.
- Company Name:BeiJing Hwrk Chemicals Limted
- Tel:18600197062 0757-86329057-