ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Organic Chemistry > Amides > Sulfonic acids amino compound > Sulfamic acid
Sulfamic acid Chemical Properties
- Melting point:215-225 °C (dec.)(lit.)
- Boiling point:-520.47°C (estimate)
- Density 2,12 g/cm3
- refractive index 1.553
- storage temp. Store below +30°C.
- solubility water: soluble213g/L at 20°C
- form Crystals or Crystalline Powder
- color White
- PH1.2 (10g/l, H2O)
- Water Solubility 146.8 g/L (20 ºC)
- Merck 14,8921
- CAS DataBase Reference5329-14-6(CAS DataBase Reference)
- NIST Chemistry ReferenceSulfamic acid(5329-14-6)
- EPA Substance Registry SystemSulfamic acid (5329-14-6)
Sulfamic acid Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical Propertieswhite crystals
- Chemical PropertiesSulfamic acid is a white crystalline solid.
- UsesIt is used in acidimetric standard.
- UsesAs standard in alkalimetry; in acid cleaning; in nitrite removal; in chlorine stabilization for use in swimming pools, cooling towers, paper mills. Solid-acid catalyst in organic synthesis. The acid or its ammonium salt has been recommended for flameproofing fabrics and wood. Metal salts are used in electroplating. Ammonium sulfamate, q.v., is also widely used as a weed killer.
- DefinitionChEBI: The simplest of the sulfamic acids consisting of a single sulfur atom covalently bound by single bonds to hydroxy and amino groups and by double bonds to two oxygen atoms.
- Definitionsulphamic acid: A colourless crystalline solid, NH2SO2OH, which is extremely soluble in water and normally exists as the zwitterion H3N+.SO3–. It is a strong acid, readily forming sulphamate salts. It is used in electroplating, hard-water scale reremovers, herbicides, and artificial sweeteners.
- General DescriptionA white crystalline solid. Density 2.1 g / cm3. Melting point 205°C. Combustible. Irritates skin, eyes, and mucous membranes. Low toxicity. Used to make dyes and other chemicals.
- Air & Water ReactionsModerately soluble in water [Hawley].
- Reactivity ProfileSulfamic acid reacts exothermically with bases. Aqueous solutions are acidic and corrosive.
- HazardToxic by ingestion.
- Health HazardTOXIC; inhalation, ingestion or skin contact with material may cause severe injury or death. Contact with molten substance may cause severe burns to skin and eyes. Avoid any skin contact. Effects of contact or inhalation may be delayed. Fire may produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases. Runoff from fire control or dilution water may be corrosive and/or toxic and cause pollution.
- Fire HazardNon-combustible, substance itself does not burn but may decompose upon heating to produce corrosive and/or toxic fumes. Some are oxidizers and may ignite combustibles (wood, paper, oil, clothing, etc.). Contact with metals may evolve flammable hydrogen gas. Containers may explode when heated.
- Safety ProfilePoison by intraperitoneal route. Moderately toxic by ingestion. A human skin irritant. A corrosive irritant to skin, eyes, and mucous membranes. A substance that migrates to food from packaging materials. Violent or explosive reactions with chlorine, metal nitrates + heat, metal nitrites + heat, fuming HNO3. When heated to decomposition it emits very toxic fumes of SOx and NOx. See also SULFONATES.
- Potential ExposureSulfamic acid is used in metal and ceramic cleaning, bleaching paper pulp; and textiles metal; in acid cleaning; as a stabilizing agent for chlorine and hypochlorite in swimming pools; cooling towers; and paper mills.
- ShippingUN2967 Sulfamic acid, Hazard class: 8; Labels: 8-Corrosive material.
- Purification MethodsCrystallise NH2SO3H from water at 70o (300mL per 25g), after filtering, by cooling a little and discarding the first batch of crystals (about 2.5g) before standing in an ice-salt mixture for 20minutes. The crystals are filtered off by suction, washed with a small quantity of ice cold water, then twice with cold EtOH and finally with Et2O. Dry it in air for 1hour, then store it in a desiccator over Mg(ClO4)2 [Butler et al. Ind Eng Chem (Anal Ed) 10 690 1938]. For the preparation of primary standard material see Pure Appl Chem 25 459 1969.
- IncompatibilitiesThe aqueous solution is a strong acid. Reacts violently with strong acids (especially fuming nitric acid), bases, chlorine. Reacts slowly with water, forming ammonium bisulfate. Incompatible with ammonia, amines, isocyanates, alkylene oxides; epichlorohydrin, oxidizers.
Sulfamic acid Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Preparation ProductsBensulfuron methyl Cleaning agentMolasses5,6-Dimethylxantheonone-4-acetic acidBromoxynilAmmonium sulfamateTRIOXSALENFilth removerAcesulfameIrsogladine6-Methyl-1,2,3-oxathiazin-4(3H)-one 2,2-dioxide potassium saltSodium N-cyclohexylsulfamateMethyl OrangeNickel bis(sulphamidate)SULCOFURON-SODIUM MONOHYDRATEAMIDO GREEN BLACK BPigment Red 175Disperse Yellow 104Direct Black 56METOSULAM2-Chlorobenzonitrilenonylphenyl polyoxyethylene ether sulfate triethanolaminesodium nonylphenol polyoxyethylene ether sulfateCOBALT (II) SULFAMATEDisperse Red 153fatty alcohol ammonium sulfate
- Raw materialsSulfuric acid UreaSULFURIC ACIDSulfur dioxideSulfur trioxideAcetone oxime
- Sulfamic acid cobalt(II) salt,Bis(sulfamic acid) cobalt(II) salt D-GLUCOSAMINE-2,3-DISULFATE, DISODIUM SALT AZOBENZENEPHENYLHYDRAZINE SULFONIC ACID Sulfamic acid iron(II) salt Acesulfame Glucosamine sulfate Nickel sulfamate Metanilic acid Ascoric Acid Hyaluronic acid 4-Amino-benzenesulfonic acid monosodium salt Sulfanilic acid Sulfamic acid monosodium salt Sodium N-cyclohexylsulfamate Sulfamic acid anion,Sulfamic acid ion Ethyl 2-(Chlorosulfonyl)acetate Folic acid Sulfamic acid
Sulfamic acid SupplierMore
- Company Name:Spectrum Chemical Manufacturing Corp. Gold
- Company Name:Shanghai Aladdin Bio-Chem Technology Co.,LTD Gold
- Tel:400-620-6333 021-20337333-801
- Company Name:Hebei Liuhe Chemical Co., Ltd. Gold
- Company Name:Shanghai guanghua technology co., LTD Gold
- Tel:13801626616 021-51098368-807
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-