ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Biochemical Engineering > Enzymes And Coenzymes drugs > Hyaluronic acid
Hyaluronic acid Chemical Properties
Hyaluronic acid Usage And Synthesis
- Hyaluronic AcidHyaluronic acid is a completely transparent, non-adhesive, water-soluble and grease-free acid mucopolysaccharide. Its molecular weight is between a few hundred thousand to millions, and it makes up the dermis layer of the skin. Its unique molecular structure and physicochemical properties has many important physiological functions inside the body, such as lubricating joints, adjusting vascular permeability, adjusting proteins, diffusing and transporting water electrolytes, and promoting wound healing. Hyaluronic acid has a unique water retention effect and has the best known natural moisturizing properties, making it the ideal natural moisturizer.
Hyaluronic acid is an essential drug in ophthalmic “sticky surgeries”. It is used in cataract surgery, in which its sodium salt remains in the anterior chamber to maintain depth in the anterior chamber and ensure a clear surgical view. It reduces the occurences of postoperative inflammation and complications, thus improving the vision-correcting effects of the surgery. It is also used in complicated retinol detachment surgery. Hyaluronic acid has a low molecular weight and is considered the ideal natural moisturizing agent, so it is used as an additive in high-end makeup and as a moisturizer in creams, gels, lotions, masks, and serums. It is also used medically as a moisturizer to improve moisture retention and lubrication, and it also expands capillaries and improves skin health. For example, hyaluronic acid with a low molecular weight can be used as a lubricant in surgeries (such as knee surgery), while those with high molecular weight can be used as surgical lubricant and as a substitute for vitreous in ophthalmic surgery.
- BenefitsHyaluronic acid’s main functions include:
- Has excellent affinity to water and can regroup water within tissue for better retention and lubrication.
- Folds to form a three-dimensional network and produces physiological effects, including producing fluid resistance, maintaining water balance and bodily stability, influencing macromolecule solubility, structure, chemical balance and system osmotic pressure, preventing the spread of pathogens, and promote the condensation of collagen fiber secretory substances.
- Forms polymers with inseparable proteins to maintain tissue shape and size and to ensure reversible tissue compression resistance.
- Affects macrophages, adherent cells, lymph cells, and natural killer cells.
- Serves as an important part of interstitial fluid and is mainly metabolized in the liver. Liver fiber activity increases HA synthesis; combined with reduced function during cirrhosis, blood HA levels may increase abnormally.
- UsesSynovitis agent (veterinary).
- Useshyaluronic acid is a glycosaminoglycan component. Hyaluronic acid occurs naturally in the dermis. It is thought to play a critical role in healthy skin by controlling the physical and biochemical characteristics of epidermal cells. It also regulates general skin activity, such as water content, elasticity, and the distribution of nutrients. Its water-absorption abilities and large molecular structure allow the epidermis to achieve greater suppleness, proper plasticity, and turgor. Hyaluronic acid is a natural moisturizer with excellent water-binding capabilities. In a solution of 2 percent hyaluronic acid and 98 percent water, the hyaluronic acid holds the water so tightly that it appears to create a gel. However, it is a true liquid in that it can be diluted and will exhibit a liquid’s normal viscous flow properties. When applied to the skin, hyaluronic acid forms a viscoelastic film in a manner similar to the way it holds water in the intercellular matrix of dermal connective tissues. This performance and behavior suggests that hyaluronic acid makes an ideal moisturizer base, allowing for the delivery of other agents to the skin. Manufacturers claim that the use of hyaluronic acid in cosmetics results in the need for much lower levels of lubricants and emollients in a formulation, thereby providing an essentially greaseless product. Furthermore, its ability to retain water gives immediate smoothness to rough skin surfaces and significantly improves skin appearance. For the benefits of hyaluronic acid to be realized in a cosmetic, the product needs to be applied on a regular basis as it is broken down in skin within 24 to 48 hours of application. note, this is not the case with hyaluronic acid injections as the technology used is different.
- Definitionhyaluronic acid: A glycosaminoglycan(mucopolysaccharide) that ispart of the matrix of connective tissue.Hyaluronic acid binds cells togetherand helps to lubricate joints.It may play a role in the migration ofcells at wounds; this activity ceaseswhen hyaluronidase breaks downhyaluronic acid.
- DefinitionChEBI: A mucopolysaccharide composed of N-acetylglucosamine and glucuronic acid subunits. It is found in the connective tissues of vertebrates.
- brand nameEquron [Veterinary] (Fort Dodge Animal Health); Legend (Bayer Animal Health); Synacid [Veterinary] (Schering-Plough Animal Health).
- Veterinary Drugs and TreatmentsHyaluronic acid is a natural complex sugar of the glycosaminoglycan family and is a long-chain polymer containing repeating disaccharide units of Na-glucuronate-N-acetylglucosamine. Hyaluronic acid is indicated for use as a surgical aid in cataract extraction (intra-and extracapsular), IOL implantation, corneal transplant, glaucoma filtration and retinal attachment surgery. In surgical procedures in the anterior segment of the eye, instillation of hyaluronic acid serves to maintain a deep anterior chamber within corneal endothelium and other surrounding tissues. Furthermore, its viscoelasticity helps to push back the vitreous face and prevent formation of a postoperative flat chamber. In posterior segment surgery hyaluronic acid serves as a surgical aid to gently separate, maneuver and hold tissues. Hyaluronic acid creates a clear field of vision thereby facilitating intra- and post-operative inspection of the retina and photocoagulation.
Hyaluronic acid Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Ethyl isocyanoacetate Cupric acetylacetonate COBALT ETHYLENE DIAMINE CHLORIDE Tosylmethyl isocyanide SALCOMINE PHENYLSELENOL BENZYL ISOCYANIDE Chondroitin sulfate C sodium salt Ferric acetylacetonate DICHLORO(ETHYLENEDIAMINE)PLATINUM(II) 2,4-PENTANEDIONE, SILVER DERIVATIVE Hyaluronic acid Hyaluronidase Folic acid phosphoric acid Ethyl 2-(Chlorosulfonyl)acetate Glycine Citric acid
- Company Name:Hubei Ovicks Trading Co. Ltd. Gold
- Company Name:HuBei ShengBaoLai Biological Technology Co., Ltd Gold
- Company Name:Jinan Rouse Industry Co., Ltd. Gold
- Tel:18615510361 0531-82929600-
- Company Name:QINGDAO WANYUAN MOUNTAIN BIOTECH CO.,LTD Gold
- Tel:15092119928 0532-66720179-
- Company Name:Hangzhou J&H Chemical Co., Ltd. Gold