ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Organic Chemistry > Organometallic compounds > Rare-Earth Metal > SALCOMINE
SALCOMINE Chemical Properties
- Melting point:>300 °C
- Water Solubility Insoluble in water. Soluble in benzene, chloroform, and pyridine.
- Stability:Stable. Incompatible with strong acids, strong oxidizing agents.
- EPA Substance Registry SystemSalcomine (14167-18-1)
SALCOMINE Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical Propertiesblack crystalline powder
- General DescriptionA solid complex between the cobalt(II) ion and the condensation product of salicylaldehyde and ethylenediamine. Such condensation products are called "Schiff's bases." Complexation with cobalt nullifies their basic properties. Used as a catalyst for various oxidation reactions in which SALCOMINE behaves as an oxygen carrier.
- Reactivity ProfileSALCOMINE may increase the rate of oxidation reactions such as the conversion of amines to nitro compounds by peroxides or hydroperoxides.
- Purification MethodsThe powder should have an oxygen capacity of 4.7-4.8% as measured by the increase in weight under O2 at 100 pounds pressure at ca 20o. The O2 is expelled on heating the material to 65o. It crystallises from pyridine, CHCl3 or *C6H6, and the solvent may be removed by heating at 120o in a vacuum. However, this heating may mean reduced O2 capacity. In the dry state it absorbs O2, turning from a maroon colour to black. [Diehl & Hack Inorg Synth III 196 1950.]
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-
- Company Name:INTATRADE GmbH
- Tel:+49 3493/605464
- Company Name:Alfa Aesar
- Company Name:TCI (Shanghai) Development Co., Ltd.
- Tel:021-67121386 / 800-988-0390