ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Inorganic chemistry > Inorganic salts > Metal halide and Halogen salt > Metal bromide and salt > Lithium bromide
- Product Name:Lithium bromide
- Synonyms: LITHIUM BROMIDE, 99.999%LITHIUM BROMIDE, 99.999%LITHIUM BROMIDE, 99.999%LITHIUM BROMIDE, 99.999% LITHIUM BROMIDE, REAGENTLITHIUM BROMIDE, REAGENTLITHIUM BROMIDE, REAGENTLITHIUM BROMIDE, REAGENT LiBr Lithium bromide (LiBr) lithiumbromide(libr) Lithiumbromide,dihydrate lithiummonobromide Lithiumbromidewhitepowder
- Product Categories: metal halide 3: Li Beaded Materials Chemical Synthesis Crystal Grade Inorganics Inorganic Salts Inorganics LITHIUM COMPOUNDS Crystal Grade Inorganics Lithium Salts Lithium Salts Materials Science Metal and Ceramic Science Synthetic Reagents LithiumMetal and Ceramic Science Salts Analytical Reagents for General Use I-N, Puriss p.a. Puriss p.a. Inorganic Salts Lithium Synthetic Reagents Essential Chemicals Reagent Plus Routine Reagents
- Mol File:7550-35-8.mol
Lithium bromide Chemical Properties
- Melting point:550 °C(lit.)
- Boiling point:1265 °C
- Density 1.57 g/mL at 25 °C
- Flash point:1265°C
- storage temp. Store at RT
- form powder
- color White
- Specific Gravity3.464
- Water Solubility 61 g/100 mL (25 º C)
- Sensitive Hygroscopic
- Merck 14,5526
- Stability:Stable. Anhydrous form is extremely hygroscopic.
- CAS DataBase Reference7550-35-8(CAS DataBase Reference)
- NIST Chemistry ReferenceLithium bromide(7550-35-8)
- EPA Substance Registry SystemLithium bromide (LiBr)(7550-35-8)
Lithium bromide Usage And Synthesis
- DescriptionLithium bromide (LiBr) is the chemical compound of lithium and bromine. It has extreme hygroscopic, making it a suitable desiccant in the air conditioning systems. It can also be used in absorption chilling together with water. It is also useful in the organic synthesis such as forming adduct with some pharmaceuticals. In medical fields, it can be used as a sedative and used for the treatment of bipolar disorder. It can be manufactured by the treatment of lithium carbonate with hydrobromic acid.
- Physical propertiesWhite cubic crystals; hygroscopic; refractive index 1.784; density 3.464 g/cm3; melts at 550°C; vaporizes at 1,265°C; highly soluble in water (145g/100g at 4°C), much greater solubility in hot water (254g/100g at 90°C); soluble in methanol, ethanol and ether; slightly soluble in pyridine; vapor pressure of aqueous solutions at 52 and 68% concentrations at 25°C are 5 and 0.7 torr, respectively.
- UsesLithium bromide is used in absorption, refrigeration and air-conditioning systems. A highly concentrated solution of the salt is an efficient absorbent of water vapor. The vapor pressure of such solution is very low. Other applications include the use of the salt as a swelling agent for wool, hair and other organic fibers; as a catalyst in dehydrohalogenation reactions; and as a sedative and hypnotic in medicine.
- PreparationLithium bromide is prepared by neutralizing lithium hydroxide or lithium carbonate with an aqueous solution of hydrobromic acid, followed by concentration and crystallization: LiOH + HBr → LiBr + H2O Li2CO3 + HBr → LiBr + CO2 + H2O The salt is usually obtained as hydrates. Anhydrous lithium bromide is obtained by heating hydrated salt under vacuum.
- Chemical PropertiesWhite powder
- UsesAs humectant, in air-conditioning systems.
- DefinitionChEBI: A lithium salt in which the counterion is bromide. The anhydrous salt forms cubic crystals similar to common salt.
- Purification MethodsCrystallise it several times from water or EtOH, then dry it under high vacuum for 2 days at room temperature, followed by drying at 100o. Its solubility in H2O is 167% at ~20o, and 250% at ~100o. It is deliquescent and should be stored in a tightly stoppered vessel.
Lithium bromide Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Lithium bromide(6Li,79Br) Spectroflux 110E, Lithium tetraborate, Lithium metaborate, Lithium bromide, 66,67-32,83-0,5% Ethidium bromide Sodium bromate Zirconium dioxide Lithium carbonate Lithium hydride LITHIUM BROMIDE HYDRATE,LITHIUM BROMIDE MONOHYDRATE,LITHIUM BROMIDE, HYDROUS AURORA KA-3140 METHYLLITHIUM, COMPLEXED WITH LITHIUM BROMIDE,METHYLLITHIUM LITHIUM BROMIDE COMPLEX,Methyllithium lithium bromide complex, 2.2M sol. in diethylether,Methyllithium lithium bromide complex, 2.2m solution in diethyl ether,Methyllithium lithium bromide complex2.2M sol. in diethyletherAcroSeal§3 BROMIDE LITHIUM ION CHROMATOGRAPHY STANDARD Lithium Lithium bromide D(+)-Glucose LanolineAnhydrous Lithium chloride Methyl bromide
- Company Name:Shanghai Macklin Biochemical Co.,Ltd. Gold
- Company Name:Shanghai Aladdin Bio-Chem Technology Co.,LTD Gold
- Company Name:Shanghai Huayu Industrial Co., Ltd. Gold
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 +86-10-82848833
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:+86-(0)21-61259100(Shanghai) +86-(0)755-86170099(ShenZhen) +86-(0)10-62670440(Beijing)