Clidinium bromide Chemical Properties
- Melting point:240-241°C
- storage temp. Refrigerator
- form neat
- CAS DataBase Reference3485-62-9(CAS DataBase Reference)
- Language:EnglishProvider:(1-Methyl-1-azoniabicyclo[2.2.2]octan-8-yl) 2-hydroxy-2,2-diphenylacetate bromide
Clidinium bromide Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical PropertiesWhite Crystalline Solid
- UsesAn anticholinergic. Used as an antispasmodic
- DefinitionChEBI: The bromide salt of clinidium. It is used for the symptomatic treatment of peptic ulcer disease and also to help relieve abdominal or stomach spasms or cramps due to colicky abdominal pain, diverticulitis, and irritable bowel syndrome.
- brand nameQuarzan (Roche).
- General DescriptionClidinium bromide, 3-hydroxy-1-methylquinuclidinium bromide benzilate (Quarzan),is a white or nearly white, almost odorless, crystalline powderthat is optically inactive. It is soluble in water and alcohol butonly very slightly soluble in ether and benzene.
- Clinical UseThis anticholinergic agent is marketed alone and in combinationwith the minor tranquilizer chlordiazepoxide (Librium)in a product known as Librax. The rationale of the combinationfor the treatment of GI complaints is the use of an anxiety-reducing agent together with an anticholinergic agent,based on the recognized contribution of anxiety to the developmentof the diseased condition. It is suggested for pepticulcer, hyperchlorhydria, ulcerative or spastic colon, anxietystates with GI manifestations, nervous stomach, irritable orspastic colon, and others. Clidinium bromide is contraindicatedin glaucoma and other conditions that may be aggravatedby the parasympatholytic action, such as prostatic hypertrophyin elderly men, which could lead to urinary retention.
- Clidinium bromide Ethidium bromide Thiophanate-methyl tert-Butylchlorodiphenylsilane Rocuronium bromide Bensulfuron methyl Bromide Benzyldodecyldimethylammonium bromide Diphenylsilane Methylparaben Chlorodiphenylphosphine Allyl bromide Diphenylphosphine Benzyl bromide Pipecuronium bromide Parathion-methyl Pinaverium bromide Tiotropium bromide
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:3B Pharmachem (Wuhan) International Co.,Ltd.
- Tel:18930552037 821-50328103-801
- Company Name:Chemsky（shanghai）International Co.,Ltd.
- Company Name:Sinopharm Chemical Reagent Co,Ltd.
- Company Name:Spectrum Chemical Manufacturing Corp.