Tiotropium bromide Chemical Properties
- Melting point:218-2200C
- storage temp. Refrigerator
- Merck 14,9454
- CAS DataBase Reference136310-93-5(CAS DataBase Reference)
Tiotropium bromide Usage And Synthesis
- DescriptionTiotropium bromide is a long-acting inhaled muscarinic antagonist, developed for the once-daily treatment of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Tiotropium bromide can be prepared in three steps. The Grignard condensation of 2-thienyl magnesium bromide with oxalic acid dimethyl ester, followed by a transesterlfication with scopine provided the ester which was quaternized with methyl bromide. Tiotropium bromide binds to human recombinant muscarinic receptors M1-, M2- and M3-subtypes with high and similar affinity, comparable to those obtained with ipratropium. Tiotropium bromide is characterized by its novel property of kinetic selectivity : while ipratropium rapidly dissociated from each of the receptor subtypes, tiotropium dissociated rapidly from M2 receptors (t1/2=3.6 h) but slowly from MI (t1/2=14.6 h) and M3 (t1/2=34.7 h) receptors. Inhibition of cholinergic bronchospasm by tiotropium bromide was demonstrated in anesthetized guinea pigs, rabbits and dogs. In healthy volunteers, inhalation of tiotropium bromide resulted in an absolute bioavailability of 19.5%, a t,,, value of 5 min. and the terminal half-life value of 5-6 days. There was no evidence of drug accumulation after repeated administration. The extent of biotransfonation was small with a urinary excretion of 74% of unchanged substance after iv. administration. Long term studies in patients with stable COPD have demonstrated that tiotropium bromide gave an effective bronchodilation that was maintained over 24h, significantly improved lung function as measured by FEVI (+ll-12%) and showed progressive reduction in dyspnea. It also reduced exacerbations of COPD patients and improved quality of life. Tiotropium bromide produced greater and more sustained bronchodilation than ipratropium bromide. Tiotropium has been shown to cause superior bronchodilatation and symptomatic improvements when compared to twice daily salmeterol in COPD. Tiotropium bromide was well tolerated and caused few adverse effects. The most common side effect reported was the mechanism-related effect of dry mouth.
- Chemical PropertiesWhite Solid
- OriginatorBoehringer lngelheim (Germany)
- UsesMuscarinic receptor antagonist. Bronchodilator
- UsesSpecially selective choline drug resistance
- UsesAnti - Asthmatic
- DefinitionChEBI: An organic bromide salt having (1alpha,2beta,4beta,5alpha,7beta)-7-[(hydroxydi-2-thienylacetyl)oxy]-9,9-dimethyl-3-oxa-9-azoniatricyclo[3.3.1.02,4]non ne as the counterion. Used (in the form of the hydrate) for maintenance treatment of airflow obstruction in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
- brand nameSpiriva
- General DescriptionTiotropium bromide, (1 ,2 ,4 ,7 )-7-[(hydroxidi-2-thienylacetyl)oxy]-9,9-dimethyl-3-oxa-9-azoniatricyclo[3.3.1.02,4]nonane, (Spiriva) is anantimuscarinic agent that is used in an inhalation device to deliverthe drug into the lungs. It is indicated in the treatment ofchronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), includingchronic bronchitis and emphysema. The standard once-dailydose is 18 g of tiotropium.
Tiotropium bromide Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Flutropium bromide Ipratropium bromide Methyl 2-thienylacetate Tiotropium bromide Allyl bromide Rocuronium bromide Ethidium bromide Dimethyl disulfide POLYTHIOPHENE Sodium bromate Thifensulfuron methyl Tetrahydrothiophene Dimethyl carbonate Thianaphthene Vecuronium bromide OXITROPIUM BROMIDE N,N-Dimethylformamide Cephalothin
- Company Name:Anhui Dexinjia Biopharm Co., Ltd Gold
- Tel:13210597381 0531-82375809-
- Company Name:Hefei NaNo Biological Technology Co., Ltd. Gold
- Company Name:Shanghai Boyle Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Company Name:SiChuang NanBu Honesty Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:15883665058 0838-5675166
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-