ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > API > Anesthetic Agents > Skeletal muscle relaxants > Vecuronium bromide
Vecuronium bromide Chemical Properties
- Melting point:227-229°C
- alpha +30.5～+35.0゜(D/20℃)(c=0.5,dil.HCl)
- storage temp. -20°C Freezer
- solubility Slightly soluble in water, freely soluble in methylene chloride, sparingly soluble in acetonitrile and in anhydrous ethanol.
- form neat
- Merck 14,9941
- BRN 4837308
- CAS DataBase Reference50700-72-6(CAS DataBase Reference)
- Language:EnglishProvider:(+)-1-(3,17-Diacetoxy-2-piperidino-5-androstan-16-yl)-1-methylpiperidinium bromide
Vecuronium bromide Usage And Synthesis
- DescriptionVecuronium bromide (Brand name: Norcuron) is a drug which can be supplied to general anesthesia to keep skeletal muscle relaxation during the surgery or mechanical ventilation. It can also be used to help with endotracheal intubation. It has rapid onset (within 4 minutes) and has its effect last for 4 hour. Its mechanism of action is through competitively binding to the nicotinic cholinergic receptors, further antagonizing the opportunity for acetylcholine from binding to the nicotinic receptor at the postjunctional membrane of the myoneural junction. This process prevents the depolarization and the release of calcium ions, stopping muscle contraction and help muscle relaxation.
- Chemical PropertiesWhite Solid
- Usesalcohol antagonist
- UsesAn aminosteroid, competitive neuromuscular blocker agent.
- DefinitionChEBI: The organic bromide salt of a 5alpha-androstane compound having 3alpha-acetoxy-, 17beta-acetoxy-, 2beta-piperidinino- and 16beta-N-methylpiperidinium su stituents.
- brand nameNorcuron (Organon).
- Biological FunctionsVecuronium bromide (Norcuron) is chemically identical to pancuronium except for a tertiary amine in place of a quaternary nitrogen. However, some of the drug will exist as the bisquaternary compound, depending on body pH. Vecuronium has a moderate onset of action (2.4 minutes) and a duration of effect of about 50 minutes. Like pancuronium, it does not block ganglia or vagal neuroeffector junctions, does not release histamine, and is eliminated by urinary excretion.
- General DescriptionVecuronium bromide, 1-(3 ,17 -dihydroxy-2 -piperidino-5 -androstan-16 -yl)-1-methylpiperidinium bromide diacetate (Norcuron), is themonoquaternary analog of pancuronium bromide. It belongsto the class of nondepolarizing neuromuscular blockingagents and produces effects similar to those of drugs in thisclass. It is unstable in the presence of acids and undergoesgradual hydrolysis of its ester functions in aqueous solution.Aqueous solutions have a pH of about 4.0.
- Clinical UseVecuronium Bromide is usedmainly to produce skeletal muscle relaxation during surgeryand to assist in controlled respiration after general anesthesiahas been induced.
- Veterinary Drugs and TreatmentsVecuronium is indicated as an adjunct to general anesthesia to produce muscle relaxation during surgical procedures or mechanical ventilation and to facilitate endotracheal intubation. It causes very minimal cardiac effects and generally does not cause the release of histamine.
Vecuronium bromide Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Iodixanol VBMC inter.for 7AVC,Cefixime cefdinir 17 beta-(O-propionyl)-vecuronium bromide Vecuronium Bromide for Injection 17 beta-(O-butyryl)-vecuronium bromide VECURONIUM BROMIDE''S INTERMEDIATES VBMC VECURONIUM BROMIDE RELATED COMPOUND A (25 MG) (3ALPHA, 17BETA-DIACETYL-OXY-2BETA, 16BETA-BISPIPERIDINYL-5ALPHA-ANDROSTAN) Rapacuronium Pancuronium bromide Vecuronium bromide Sodium bromate Ethidium bromide Allyl bromide Methyl bromide Rocuronium bromide
- Company Name:Beijing Lianben Pharm-Chemicals Tech. Co., Ltd Gold
- Company Name:Beijing Xinze Pharmaceutical Technology Co., Ltd. Gold
- Tel:13121768631 010-61393740
- Company Name:Yunfei Pharmaceutical(Shenzhen) Co., Ltd. Gold
- Company Name:Jinan Good Medical &Technology Ltd Co., Gold
- Company Name:Shanghai Boyle Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Tel:Mr Qiu:021-50182298(Demestic market) Miss Xu：021-50180596（Abroad market）