ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Surfactant > Anionic surfactants > Sulfate type > Ammonium lauryl sulfate
Ammonium lauryl sulfate
Ammonium lauryl sulfate Chemical Properties
Ammonium lauryl sulfate Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical Propertiesyellow viscous liquid
- Usesammonium lauryl sulfate is a surfactant with emulsifying capabilities. given its detergent properties, at mild acidic pH levels it can be used as an anionic surfactant cleanser. It is considered one of the most irritating surfactants, causing dryness and skin redness. Today, it is either combined with anti-irritant ingredients to reduce sensitivity or replaced with a less irritating but similar surfactant, such as ammonium laureth sulfate.
- General DescriptionLight yellow liquid. May float or sink and mix with water.
- Air & Water ReactionsWater soluble.
- Reactivity ProfileAcidic inorganic salts, such as Ammonium lauryl sulfate, are generally soluble in water. The resulting solutions contain moderate concentrations of hydrogen ions and have pH's of less than 7.0. They react as acids to neutralize bases. These neutralizations generate heat, but less or far less than is generated by neutralization of inorganic acids, inorganic oxoacids, and carboxylic acid.
- Health HazardContact with liquid irritates eyes and may have drying effect on the skin. Prolonged contact will cause skin irritation.
- Fire HazardSpecial Hazards of Combustion Products: Toxic oxides of nitrogen and sulfur may form in fires.
- Purification MethodsRecrystallise it first from 90% EtOH and then twice from absolute EtOH, and finally dry it in a vacuum. [Beilstein 1 III 1786.]
- 4-DODECYLPHENOL MIXTURE OF ISOMERS Sodium dodecyl sulfate LITHIUM DODECYL SULFATE 1-DODECANESULFONIC ACID SODIUM SALT SODIUM SULFATE Ammonium acetate Copper(II) sulfate Ammonium chloride SULFATE STANDARD CALCIUM DODECYLBENZENE SULFONATE 1-Dodecanol sulfate n-Dodecyl alcohol, sulfated Ammonium sulfate SODIUM LAURYL ETHER SULPHATE Molybdic acid Ammonium nitrate Dodecylbenzenesulphonic acid
Ammonium lauryl sulfateSupplierMore
- Company Name:Energy Chemical
- Tel:400-005-6266 021-58432009-
- Company Name:Beijing Ouhe Technology Co., Ltd
- Tel:13552068683 010-82967028-
- Company Name:Nanjing Chemlin Chemical Co., Ltd
- Company Name:Shanghai Hanhong Scientific Co.,Ltd.
- Company Name:Chengdu XiYa Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.