N,N-Dimethyldodecylamine Chemical Properties
- Melting point:−20 °C(lit.)
- Boiling point:80-82 °C0.1 mm Hg(lit.)
- Density 0.787 g/mL at 20 °C(lit.)
- vapor pressure <129 mm Hg ( 21 °C)
- refractive index n
- Flash point:>230 °F
- storage temp. -20°C
- form Liquid
- Specific Gravity0.786 (20℃)
- color Clear
- Water Solubility Negligible
- Sensitive Air & Moisture Sensitive
- BRN 1700191
- CAS DataBase Reference112-18-5(CAS DataBase Reference)
- NIST Chemistry Reference1-Dodecanamine, N,N-dimethyl-(112-18-5)
- EPA Substance Registry SystemLauryldimethylamine (112-18-5)
N,N-Dimethyldodecylamine Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical PropertiesLiquid
- UsesBarlene(R) tertiary amines are used as chemical intermediates for the manufacture of quaternary ammonium compounds, amine oxide and betaine surfactants
- General DescriptionN,N-Dimethyldodecylamine is a colorless to light colored liquid at room temperature. Has the fishy odor that characterizes fatty amines. Very slightly soluble in water and denser than water. Industrial materials containing this compound typically are blends with closely similar alkyl compounds such as tetradecyldimethylamine and hexadecyldimethylamine. Used as intermediates in the manufacture of quaternary ammonium compounds for use in cleaning agents and cosmetics.
- Reactivity ProfileN,N-dimethyldodecylamine, a tertiary alkyl amine, is non-flammable but combustible (flash point >230°F). May react with copper and copper-containing alloys such as brass. Incompatible with strong oxidizing agents and with strong acids. Very toxic to the aquatic organisms. Dangerous to the environment.
- Health HazardTOXIC; inhalation, ingestion or skin contact with material may cause severe injury or death. Contact with molten substance may cause severe burns to skin and eyes. Avoid any skin contact. Effects of contact or inhalation may be delayed. Fire may produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases. Runoff from fire control or dilution water may be corrosive and/or toxic and cause pollution.
- Fire HazardCombustible material: may burn but does not ignite readily. When heated, vapors may form explosive mixtures with air: indoors, outdoors and sewers explosion hazards. Contact with metals may evolve flammable hydrogen gas. Containers may explode when heated. Runoff may pollute waterways. Substance may be transported in a molten form.
N,N-Dimethyldodecylamine Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Lauryl betaine N,N-DIMETHYLDODECYLAMINE-N-OXIDE,dimethyldodecylamine-n-oxid benzoic acid, compound with N,N-dimethyldodecylamine (1:1) ,benzoic acid, compound with N,N-dimethyldodecylamine (1:1) stearic acid, compound with N,N-dimethyldodecylamine (1:1) ,stearic acid, compound with N,N-dimethyldodecylamine (1:1) N,N-DIMETHYLDODECYLAMINE-(3-SULFOPROPYL)-BETAINE,N,N-DIMETHYLDODECYLAMINE-(3-SULFOPROPYL)-BETAINE isooctadecanoic acid, compound with N,N-dimethyldodecylamine (1:1) ,isooctadecanoic acid, compound with N,N-dimethyldodecylamine (1:1) chloroacetic acid, compound with dimethyldodecylamine (1:1) ,chloroacetic acid, compound with dimethyldodecylamine (1:1) dimethyldodecylamine-(2-hydroxy-3-sulfopropyl)betain DIMETHYL LAURAMINE OLEATE DIMETHYL LAURAMINE DIMER DILINOLEATE dodecyltrimethylammonium Tetradecyldimethylbenzylammonium chloride Domiphen bromide N,N-Diethyldodecanamide Benzyldimethylhexadecylammonium chloride Cocodimethylamine DI-N-DODECYLAMINE N,N-Dimethylallylamine
- Company Name:Shandong Panze Chemical Technology Co., Ltd. Gold
- Company Name:Shanghai Zhongjun Chemical Co., Ltd. Gold
- Company Name:Shandong Anmi Chemical Technology Co. Ltd Gold
- Tel:13396436781 0533-2115911-
- Company Name:Shandong rongyuan new material technology co., ltd Gold
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-