ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Organic Chemistry > Amides > Acyclic polyamines and their derivatives > 3-Dimethylaminopropylamine
3-Dimethylaminopropylamine Chemical Properties
- Melting point:-60 °C
- Boiling point:133 °C(lit.)
- Density 0.812 g/mL at 25 °C(lit.)
- vapor density 3.6 (vs air)
- vapor pressure 5 mm Hg ( 20 °C)
- refractive index n
- Flash point:90 °F
- storage temp. Flammables area
- form Liquid
- color Clear
- PH12.7 (100g/l, H2O, 20℃)
- explosive limit2.3-12.35%(V)
- Water Solubility SOLUBLE
- FreezingPoint -70℃
- Sensitive Air Sensitive
- BRN 605293
- CAS DataBase Reference109-55-7(CAS DataBase Reference)
- NIST Chemistry Reference1,3-Propanediamine, N,N-dimethyl-(109-55-7)
- EPA Substance Registry System3-(Dimethylamino)propylamine (109-55-7)
- Hazard Codes C
- Risk Statements 10-22-34-43-21/22
- Safety Statements 26-36/37/39-45
- RIDADR UN 2733 3/PG 3
- WGK Germany 2
- RTECS TX7525000
- Autoignition Temperature215 °C
- TSCA Yes
- HazardClass 8
- PackingGroup II
- HS Code 29212900
- Hazardous Substances Data109-55-7(Hazardous Substances Data)
- ToxicityLD50 orally in Rabbit: 1640 mg/kg
3-Dimethylaminopropylamine Usage And Synthesis
- DescriptionDimethylaminopropylamine is an aliphatic amine present in amphoteric surfactants such as liquid soaps and shampoos. It is present as an impurity responsible for allergy from cocamidopropylbetaine. It is structurally similar to diethylaminopropylamine. It is also used as a curing agent for epoxy res ins and as an organic intermediate in chemical syntheses (ion exchangers, additives for flocculants, cosmetics and fuel additives, dyes and pesticides).
- Chemical Propertiesclear liquid
- UsesN,N-Dimethyl-1,3-propylenediamine is a useful catalyst for Knoevenagel condensation. It is also a useful hardening agent for expoxy resin.
- Uses3-(Dimethylamino)propylamine is an intermediate substance in the synthesis of alkylamidopropyldimethylamines/alkylamidobetaines; found as an impurity in cosmetic surfactants present in e.g. shampoos; hardener of epoxy resins; additive in fue!, dyes, pesticides and binding agents; in the production of ion-exchangers.
- General DescriptionColorless liquid.
- Air & Water ReactionsHighly flammable. Temperature sensitive and possibly sensitive to air. Water soluble.
- Reactivity Profile3-Dimethylaminopropylamine neutralizes acids in exothermic reactions to form salts plus water. May be incompatible with isocyanates, halogenated organics, peroxides, phenols (acidic), epoxides, anhydrides, and acid halides. Flammable gaseous hydrogen may be generated in combination with strong reducing agents, such as hydrides.
- Fire Hazard3-Dimethylaminopropylamine is flammable.
- Contact allergensDimethylaminopropylamine is an aliphatic amine present in amphoteric surfactants such as liquid soaps and shampoos. It is present as a residual impurity thought to be responsible for allergy from cocamidopropylbetaine. It is structurally similar to diethylaminopropylamine. It is also used as a curing agent for epoxy resins and an organic intermediate in chemical synthesises (ion exchangers, additives for flocculants, cosmetics and fuel additives, dyes and pesticides). Patch test has to be carefully interpreted, since the 1% aqueous solution has pH > 11 (personal observation).
- Safety ProfileModerately toxic by ingestion and skin contact. A skin and eye irritant. Very flammable when exposed to heat, flame, or oxidmers. Reaction with 1,2dichloroethane produces explosive acetylene gas. This and other amines igmte on contact with cellulose nitrate of hgh surface area. To fight fire, use alcohol foam, CO2, dry chemical. When heated to decomposition it emits toxic fumes of NO,. See also AMINES
3-Dimethylaminopropylamine Preparation Products And Raw materials
- 1-PHENYL-1,3,8-TRIAZASPIRO[4.5]DECAN-4-ONE 1-(3-AMINOPROPYL)-2-PYRROLIDINONE 1,4,8,11-TETRAMETHYL-1,4,8,11-TETRAAZACYCLOTETRADECANE 4-(2-KETO-1-BENZIMIDAZOLINYL)PIPERIDINE 4-Piperidinopiperidine 3-Dimethylaminopropylamine N,N-Dimethyl-1,4-phenylenediamine N,N-Dimethylformamide N,N-Dimethylacetamide Dimethyl phthalate Dacthal Dimethyl sulfoxide Dimethyl ether Dimethyl fumarate ETHANE DMC Dimethyl sulfate Dimethyl disulfide
- Company Name:Shanghai Chen Yu Chemical Co., Ltd. Gold
- Tel:18721408725 021-50492962-
- Company Name:Tianjin Zhongxin Chemtech Co., Ltd.
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-
- Company Name:Alfa Aesar