ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Chemical Reagents > Organic reagents > Esters > Methyl ester compound > Dacthal
Dacthal Chemical Properties
- Melting point:155-156°C
- Boiling point:448.04°C (rough estimate)
- Density 1.6496 (rough estimate)
- refractive index 1.5282 (estimate)
- form neat
- Water Solubility 0.05 g/100 mL
- Merck 14,2839
- BRN 1888840
- CAS DataBase Reference1861-32-1(CAS DataBase Reference)
- NIST Chemistry Reference2,3,5,6-Tetrachloro-1,4-benzenedicarboxylic acid dimethyl ester(1861-32-1)
- EPA Substance Registry SystemChlorthal-dimethyl (1861-32-1)
Dacthal Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical PropertiesColorless crystalline
- Chemical PropertiesColorless to gray crystalline solid. Practically odorless.
- UsesPre-emergent herbicide.
- UsesSelective, nonsystemic, preemergent herbicide to control most annual grasses and many broad-leaved weeds.
- Potential ExposureDCPA is an alkyl phthalate; benzene- dicarboxylic acid herbicide, pesticide pre-emergent herbi- cide is used on annual broadleaf weeds and grasses in a wide spectrum of vegetable crops.
- Environmental FateSoil. Bartha and Pramer (1967) reported that DCPA was degraded by soil microorganisms via cleavage of the herbicide molecule into propionic acid and 3,4-dichloroaniline. The acid was mineralized to carbon dioxide and water and two molecules of 3,4-dichloroaniline were condensed to form 3,3′4,4′-tetrachloro-azobenzene. Metabolites identified in soil and turfgrass thatch are monomethyl tetrachloroterephthalate and 2,3,5,6-tetrachloroterephthalic acid (Hartley and Kidd, 1987; Krause and Niemczyk, 1990). Residual activity in soil and the half-life in soil were reported to be approximately 3 months (Hartley and Kidd, 1987; Worthing and Hance, 1991)
- ShippingUN3077 Environmentally hazardous substances, solid, n.o.s., Hazard class: 9; Labels: 9-Miscellaneous hazardous material, Technical Name Required.
- IncompatibilitiesMay react violently with strong oxidi- zers, bromine, 90% hydrogen peroxide, phosphorus trichloride, silver powders or dust. Incompatible with silver compounds. Mixture with some silver compounds forms explosive salts of silver oxalate.
- Waste DisposalIncineration in a unit with efficient gas scrubbing. Containers must be disposed of properly by following package label directions or by con- tacting your local or federal environmental control agency, or by contacting your regional EPA office.
Dacthal Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Dimethyl isophthalate Dimethyl fumarate Dimethyl ether Terephthalic acid ETHANE Dimethyl terephthalate Dimethyl Glutarate Xylene Dacthal ACETYL-COA: ORTHOPHOSPHATE ACETYLTRANSFERASE Dimethyl carbonate Dimethyl sulfide Dimethyl sulfate dibutyl terephthalate Dimethyl sebacate Dimethyl sulfoxide DIMETHYL-D6 TETRACHLOROTEREPHTHALATE N,N-Dimethylformamide
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Alfa Aesar
- Company Name:Energy Chemical
- Tel:400-005-6266 021-58432009
- Company Name:XiaoGan ShenYuan ChemPharm co,ltd
- Tel:15527768850 0712-2580635-
- Company Name:Syntechem Co.,Ltd
- Tel:Please Email