Neomycin sulfate Chemical Properties
- Melting point:>187°C (dec.)
- alpha D20 +54° (c = 2 in H2O)
- refractive index 56 ° (C=10, H2O)
- Flash point:56℃
- storage temp. 2-8°C
- solubility H2O: 50 mg/mL As a stock solution. Stock solutions should be filter sterilized and stored at 2-8°C. Stable at 37°C for 5 days.
- form powder
- color white to slightly yellow
- PH5.0-7.5 (50g/l, H2O, 20℃)
- Water Solubility Soluble in water
- Merck 14,6454
- Stability:Stable. Incompatible with strong oxidizing agents.
- CAS DataBase Reference1405-10-3(CAS DataBase Reference)
- EPA Substance Registry SystemNeomycin sulfate (1405-10-3)
Neomycin sulfate Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical PropertiesNEOMYCIN SULFATE is white or yellowish-white powder, hygroscopic.
- UsesNEOMYCIN SULFATE is an aminoglycoside antibiotic found in many topical medications. NEOMYCIN SULFATE has been used as a preventive measure for hepatic encephalopathy and hypercholesterolemia.
- UsesNEOMYCIN SULFATE is an aminoglycoside antibiotic produced by S. fradiae that inhibits protein translation by binding to the small subunit of prokaryotic ribosomes. It blocks voltage-sensitive Ca2+ channels and is a potent inhibitor of skeletal muscle sarcoplasmic reticulum Ca2+ release. NEOMYCIN SULFATE has been shown to inhibit inositol phospholipid turnover, phospholipase C, and phosphatidylcholine-phospholipase D activity (IC50 = 65 μM). It is highly effective against Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria and is commonly used for the prevention of bacterial contamination of cell cultures.
- brand nameMycifradin (Pharmacia & Upjohn); Neo-Fradin (X Gen); Neobiotic (Pfizer);Abilene;Akentect;Amcort;Amphocort;Antibitulle;Apokalin;Aurex;Auriod;Baneopol;Barriere-mycin;Bastu-angin;Bedermin 100;Bio hubber;Biodry;Biofradin;Biofur;Biosol-m;Bio-vitastrept;Bivacyn;Bykanula;Canaural;Canoral;Cebemyxine;Cefrocyn;Cg 3224;Cicatrex;Cleniderm;Conderm;Conjuctilone;Cornemin;Cortinen;Damapo;Davimycin;Degramycin;Derbitan antibiotico;Dermicema;Dermo sonerge;Dermoface;Dermosan;Dermovate-nn;Derobion;Dexaamisolone-n;Dexabiotan;Dexacidin;Dexamist;Dexavetaderm;Dia-ject;Diarest;Dienterol;Dimicina;Doreplaston/doser/f;Dorithicin;Dulcicortine;Duphacerate;Dv 201;Emcortina;Emorex k berna;Enbacin;Enteromac;Enteropast;Enterosintex;Eustoporin;Febrizene;Fissan;Fl 6321 n;Flogocid;Fml-neo-liquifilm;Foille;Forbesotic;Formula 888;Forticillin;Fradyl;Frakidex;Frakitacine;Gastromycin;Gregoderm;Gustibon;H plus n;Hagrosept;Halicomb;Heliomycort;Hydrocortiderm;Hydro-neo oculos;I-caps;Idepa;Ido-op;Intradermo caf;Iodentero0neomicina;Itro;Jenomycin;Kaomycin;Kaopectate n;Kortikiod mepha;Lanbiotic;Larmicin;Latodurin;Linitut;Mammanopen;Mastrinal;Medisec neo;Medisec-cloxa;Medri-biotic;Meimyd;Menaderm antiacne;Mycerin;Mycidex;Mycimist;Mycipo;Mytrex;Nasomixin;Naso-neomicin;Nasydrin;Nefluan;Neimicina roger;Neo decaderm;Neo-analsona;Neoaristovet;Neobacimyx-h;Neobicin;Neobristan;Neo-cantil;Neocidin;Neocillin;Neoclox;Neocones;Neodecasone;Neo-delta-cortef;Neofluid;Neo-hydro;Neointestin;Neomac;Neo-mantle;Neo-mastitar;Neomycane;Neo-myx;Neo-otosol-hc;Neopec;Neopenol;Neopt;Neo-remusin;Neostrep;Neosule;Nifuramicin;Nisocla;Nisoclyn;Nisodyn;Nodryl;Nokamycin;Noperil;Ophthlmycin;Optiprime opthcoat;Optisone;Oribiotic;Oterna;Oticair;Oto vitna;Otocortison;Oto-flunal;Otomycin;Oto-sinerbe;Panotile;Parkeole;Parkesteron;Pentalmicina;Pervet;Phytacorcin;Polemycin;Polybactrin-g;Polygynax;Poly-pred;Polyspecrin;Porcijec;Prednicidin;Prevotec;Propaderm-n;Pulveodil;Pyocidin hc;Renokab;Rino vitna;Rinofilax;Rinojet;Rovicine;Saleton;Salvacolina nn;Sanibiovit;Sanimix;Sanistress;Secantol;Septomixine forte;Silderm;Siquent neomycin;Sofan;Sorbitoxin;Spersapolymyxin dispersa;Steros-anal;S-thalmic;Stiedex;Sulfix-6;Super masticort;Super mastitare;Synalar polyvalent;Syralbina;Tampovagan;Tariston;Telestyl;Tiframild;Tobispray;Topitasico;Tresaderm;Tribiotic;Tri-bow;Tricilone;Tri-optics;Troc;Tweenal;Ubrocelan;Uniriod;Uro-beniktol;Uro-nebctin;Varicella-rit;V-cortanmycetine;Vetroyl;Vetsovate;Vista-methasone n;V-softa.
- World Health Organization (WHO)Neomycin sulfate, a broad-spectrum antibiotic, was first isolated in 1949 and has subsequently been included in topical, oral and parenteral preparations. Its value in the treatment of diarrhoea is widely questioned although it is still contained in a number of widely available antidiarrhoeal preparations. In some countries the officially approved indications for oral preparations are restricted to the preparation of the bowel prior to surgery and the management of hepatic coma.
- Contact allergensNeomycin is an antibiotic complex of the aminoglycosides group, extracted from Streptomyces fradiae. It is composed of neomycin A (neamin) and an isomer neobiosamin, either neomycin B (framycetin or Soframycin?) or neomycin C. Its use has been progressively forbidden in cosmetics and as an additive for animal feed. Occupational contact dermatitis occurs in workers at animal feed mills, in veterinaries, or in health workers. Nonoccupational dermatitis mainly concerns patients with chronic dermatitis, leg ulcers, or chronic otitis. Cross-sensitivity is usual with other aminoglycosides (amikacin, arbekacin, butirosin, dibekacin, gentamicin, isepamicin, kanamycin, paromomycin, ribostamycin, sisomycin, tobramycin), is rare with netilmicin and streptomycin, but nonexistent with spectinomycin.
- Clinical UseIn a search for antibiotics less toxic than streptomycin,Waksman and Lechevalier isolated neomycin (Mycifradin,Neobiotic) in 1949 from Streptomyces fradiae. Since then, theimportance of neomycin has increased steadily, and today, itis considered one of the most useful antibiotics for the treatmentof GI infections, dermatological infections, and acutebacterial peritonitis. Also, it is used in abdominal surgery toreduce or avoid complications caused by infections from bacterialflora of the bowel. It has broad-spectrum activityagainst various organisms and shows a low incidence of toxicand hypersensitivity reactions. It is absorbed very slightlyfrom the digestive tract, so its oral use ordinarily does not produce any systemic effect. The development of neomycinresistantstrains of pathogens is rarely reported in those organismsagainst which neomycin is effective.
Neomycin as the sulfate salt is a white to slightly yellow,crystalline powder that is very soluble in water. It is hygroscopicand photosensitive (but stable over a wide pH rangeand to autoclaving). Neomycin sulfate contains the equivalentof 60% of the free base.
Neomycin, as produced by S. fradiae, is a mixture ofclosely related substances. Included in the “neomycin complex”is neamine (originally designated neomycin A) andneomycins B and C. S. fradiae also elaborates another antibiotic,the fradicin, which has some antifungal propertiesbut no antibacterial activity. This substance is not present in“pure” neomycin.
- Safety ProfilePoison by intramuscular, intravenous, and subcutaneous routes. Human systemic effects by ingestion: somnolence, hallucinations and distorted perceptions, and anorexia. A human skin irritant. When heated to decomposition it emits very toxic fumes of SOx.
- Veterinary Drugs and TreatmentsBecause neomycin is more nephrotoxic and less effective against several bacterial species than either gentamicin or amikacin, its use is generally limited to topical formulations for skin, eyes, and ears, oral treatment of enteric infections, to reduce microbe numbers in the colon prior to colon surgery, and oral or enema administration to reduce ammonia-producing bacteria in the treatment of hepatic encephalopathy. Doses for parenteral administration are listed below, but should be used only with extreme caution due to the drug’s toxic potential.
Neomycin sulfate Preparation Products And Raw materials
- NEOMYCIN SULFATE SOLUBLE POWDER Magnesium sulfate heptahydrate Sodium sulfate Neomycin sulphate soluble powder NEOMYCIN SULFATE USP25,NEOMYCIN SULFATE USP Kanamycin sulfate Neomycin sulfate Dimethyl sulfate Barium sulfate Ammonium sulfate Aluminum sulfate sulfate GOLD COAST SOLUTION NO 1 Dideoxyadenosine(Dda) n-Dodecyl alcohol, sulfated NEOMYCIN SULFATE HYDRATE NEOMYCIN B TRISULFATE SESQUIHYDRATE NEOMYCIN B, SULPHATE, [3H]-
- Company Name:Wuhan DKY Technology Co.,Ltd. Gold
- Tel:18007166089 27-81302488-
- Company Name:Yichang Yongnuo Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. Gold
- Company Name:Taian Jiaye Biotechnology Co.Ltd Gold
- Company Name:Wuhan yuqing jiaheng pharmaceutical co. LTD Gold
- Company Name:PI & PI BIOTECH INC. Gold
- Tel:18371201331 020-81716320-