Kanamycin sulfate Chemical Properties
- Melting point:250°C
- alpha +112～+123°(D/20℃)(c=1,H2O)(calculated on the dried basis)
- Density 1.3619 (rough estimate)
- refractive index 117.5 ° (C=1, H2O)
- storage temp. 2-8°C
- solubility H2O: 10-50 mg/mL As a stock solution. Stock solutions should be stored at 2-8°C. Stable at 37°C for 5 days.
- form powder
- color white to off-white
- PH Range6.5 - 8.5 (1% solution)
- Water Solubility Soluble in water at 10mg/ml
- Merck 14,5281
Kanamycin sulfate Usage And Synthesis
- DescriptionIt has been well known as desirable antibiotics, which shows an obvious curative effect on serious infections caused by gram-negative bacteria such as Escherichia coil, Klebsiella, Proteus, Pneumonia, Enterobacter aerogenes and Shigella. Clinically, this substance is mainly used for infections caused by sensitive bacteria including pulmonary infection, urinary tract infection, biliary tract infection, sepsis, and abdominal cavity infection. For example, the effective antibacterial activity of kanamycin sulfate has been demonstrated by the treatment of acute gonorrheal urethritis in men, showing that a single parenterally administered dose of 2 mg of kanamycin sulfate cured 144 (93%) of 155 men with acute gonorrheal urethritis.1 Moreover, kanamycin sulfate was found to be a valuable drug in the treatment of serious infections in infants and children through an analysis of 140 cases treated during a two-year period.2
- JE Fischnaller; AH Pedersen; AR Ronald; P Bonin; Tronca, E., Kanamycin sulfate in the treatment of acute gonorrheal urethritis in men. The Journal of the American Medical Association 1968, 203, 909-912.
- MD Yow; Tengg, N., The use of kanamycin sulfate as a therapeutic agent for infants and children. An analysis of 140 cases treated during a two-year period. Journal of Pediatrics 1961, 58, 538-547.
- Chemical PropertiesOff-white powder
- UsesAntibiotic complex produced by Streptomyces kanamyceticus Okami & Umezawa from Japanese soil. Comprised of three components, kanamycin A, the major component, and kanamycins B and C, two minor congeners. Antibacterial.
- UsesKanamycin sulfate is an antibacterial agent similar to neomycin.
- DefinitionA broadspectrum antibiotic.
- Manufacturing ProcessAs described in US Patent 2,931,798, Streptomyces kanamyceticus (K2-J) was
first cultured in shake flasks in the following media: (a) 0.75% meat extract,
0.75% peptone, 0.3% NaCl, with 1.0% of starch, dextrin, maltose, glucose,
lactose, sucrose or glycerol; or (b) 2.0% soybean meal, 0.05% KCl, 0.05%
MgSO4 · 7H2O, 0.5% NaCl, 0.2% NaNO3, with 1.0% of starch, dextrin,
maltose, glucose, lactose, sucrose or glycerol. The initial pH of all media was
adjusted to 7.0. After 24 to 48 hours shaking in some cases the pH decreased
to about 6.0 to 6.8, but from 72 to 120 hours the pH rose and became 7.5 to
8.6. The production of kanamycin was apparent after 48 hours and, depending
on the media; the maximum production was found after 72 to 120 hours.
The yield was highest with starch or dextrin, intermediate and about the same with sucrose, glucose, maltose and lactose and poorest with glycerol. Kanamycin was produced by media containing soybean meal, peanut meal, cottonseed meal, corn steep liquor, peptone, yeast extract or meat extract, with or without sodium nitrate. Commercially available soybean meal was recognized to be one of the best nitrogen sources. The addition of corn steep liquor, peptone, yeast extract or nitrate to the soybean meal promoted the production of kanamycin.
The brownish white kanamycin (5 g) was dissolved in 50 ml of 60% aqueous methanol, insoluble material was removed and to the filtrate 40 ml of 60% aqueous methanol containing 2,000 mg of ammonium sulfate was added, and the precipitated kanamycin sulfate was collected, washed with 50 ml of 80% aqueous methanol, and dried. Thus, 4.5 g of kanamycin sulfate was obtained as a light brownish powder.
- brand nameKlebcil (King).
- Therapeutic Function Antibacterial
Kanamycin sulfate Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Kanamycin Sulfate Kanamycin Sulfate 50mg/ml Solution Kanamycin Sulfate, Streptomyces kanamyceticus (1.05177) KANAMYCIN B SULFATE 99+% KANAMYCIN ACID SULFATE,KANAMYCIN SULFATE SALT,KANAMYCIN SULFATE, STREPTOMYCES KANAMYCETICUS,KANAMYCIN SULFATE WHITE kanamycin acid sulfate from*streptomyces kanamyce,KANAMYCIN ACID SULFATE FROM*STREPTOMYCES KANAMYCETI,Kanamycin Sulfate(Sterile),KANAMYCIN ACID SULFATE KANAMYCIN SULFATE, 30 MG/ML SOLUTION Kanamycin Sulfate, Streptomyces kanamyceticus, Cell Culture Kanamycin Sulfate (Powder) KANAMYCIN MONOSULPHATE KANAMYCIN ACID SULFATE--N/H sulfate MICRONOMICIN SULFATE KANAMYCIN KANAMYCIN Apramycin sulfate Heparitin, sulfate Amikacin Disulfate
- Company Name:XiaoGan ShenYuan ChemPharm co,ltd Gold
- Tel:15527768850 0712-2580635-
- Company Name:Hubei Yilai Biotechnology Co., Ltd. Gold
- Company Name:Hubei Nordina Biotechnology Co., Ltd. Gold
- Tel:18162687220 181-6268-7200
- Company Name:Shanghai Boyle Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Tel:Mr Qiu:021-50182298(Demestic market) Miss Xu：021-50180596（Abroad market）
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-