Tilmicosin Chemical Properties
- alpha D23 +12.75° (c = 0.010004 in CHCl3, 5 cm)
- Boiling point:926.6±65.0 °C(Predicted)
- Density 1.18±0.1 g/cm3(Predicted)
- storage temp. 0-6°C
- pkapKa (66% DMF): 7.4, 8.5(at 25℃)
- form neat
- EPA Substance Registry SystemTilmicosin (108050-54-0)
- WGK Germany 3
- HS Code 29419090
- Hazardous Substances Data108050-54-0(Hazardous Substances Data)
Tilmicosin Usage And Synthesis
- Brief introductionTilmicosin is a relatively novel semi-synthetic macrolide antibiotics derived from tylosin for being applied to livestock and poultry. The chemical name is 4A-O-de (2, 6-dideoxy-methyl-3-C--L-ribose-pyran-hexyl)-20-deoxy-20-(3,5-dimethyl-1-piperidinyl)-[20 (cis: trans)] tylosin. Molecule formula is C46H80N2O13 and the molecular weight of 869.15.
Tilmicosin has a similar antibacterial spectrum as tylosin but has enhanced effect on the anti-Pasteurella multocida and hemolytic pasteurella. It was successfully developed in 1980s and initially used with a code of EL-870. Common trade names include Pulmotil © Micotil ©, preparations include tilmicosin soluble powder, premix (20%) preparation, and injection. In 1990 it was approved in most European countries; it was approved in the US in 1992, and included in USP. China also has some domestic enterprises approved for production of tilmicosin.
Because of its special antibacterial activity and pharmacokinetic characteristics, the drug has been approved for clinical prevention and treatment of infectious diseases for cattle, goats, sheep, cows, pigs, and chickens. It is especially applied to the treatment of respiratory diseases of livestock, such as cattle Actinobacillus pleuropneumonia, Pasteurella disease, chicken mycoplasmosis and mastitis of lactating animals.
The above information is edited by the Chemicalbook of Dai Xiongfeng.
- Chemical PropertiesIt is white or white powder with humidity: ≤5.0%.
- UsesIt can be used as anti-bacterial.
It is mainly used for the treatment of infection caused by pleuropneumonia, Actinobacillus, Pasteurella and mycoplasma.
- Chemical PropertiesWhite Solid
- UsesTilmicosin is a semi-synthetic antibiotic derived from desmycosin (tylosin B), a minor co-metabolite of tylosin. Tilmicosin is produced by reductive amination of desmycosin. Desmycosin itself is prepared by the partial hydrolysis of tylosin with the loss of the mycarosyl sugar. The piperidinyl group at C20 of tilmicosin provides a wider spectrum of antibiotic action, in particular good protection against Pasteurella in livestock.
- UsesA Macrolide antibiotic.
- UsesMacrolide antibiotic structurally related to tylosin. Antibacterial
- Veterinary Drugs and TreatmentsTilmicosin is indicated for the treatment of bovine or ovine respiratory diseases (BRD) caused by Mannheimia (Pasturella) haemolytica.
- Dacthal Dimethyl ether (R)-3-METHYL-4-TETRAHYDROPYRANYLOXYBUTYLAMINE TMC 016 ISO-PROPYL-UNDECYLENATE 8,10-DODECADIEN-1-OL TILMICOSIN PHOSPHATE 4-(3,5-DIMETHYLPIPERIDIN-1-YL)BUTAN-1-OL METHYL-BETA-D-RIBOPYRANOSE Tilmicosin Dimethyl fumarate Dimethyl sulfoxide Dimethyl sulfate Dimethyl phthalate Tilmicosin phosphate DMC ETHANE N,N-Dimethylformamide
- Company Name:Wuhan Taiyicheng Biopharmaceutical Co., Ltd. Gold
- Tel: 027-88329789-
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:BeiJing Hwrk Chemicals Limted
- Tel:18600197062 0757-86329057-
- Company Name:Pure Chemistry Scientific Inc.
- Tel:001-857-928-2050 or 1-888-588-9418
- Company Name:Shanghai Longsheng chemical Co.,Ltd.
- Tel:13585536065 021-58099652-8005