ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Inorganic chemistry > Inorganic salts > Hydrides, nitrides, azides > nitride > Silicon nitride
Silicon nitride Chemical Properties
- Melting point:1900 °C
- Density 3.44 g/mL at 25 °C(lit.)
- refractive index 2.8
- RTECS VW0650000
- form powder
- color Pale gray
- Specific Gravity3.44
- Water Solubility Insoluble water.
- Hydrolytic Sensitivity1: no significant reaction with aqueous systems
- Merck 14,8497
- CAS DataBase Reference12033-89-5(CAS DataBase Reference)
- EPA Substance Registry SystemSilicon nitride (Si3N4) (12033-89-5)
Silicon nitride Usage And Synthesis
- DescriptionSilicon nitride (molecular formula Si3N4) is a kind of chemical compound comprised of both silicon and nitrogen elements. It appears as a white solid with a high melting point. It is chemically stable upon the presence of dilute HF and hot H2SO4. It has a series of properties such as high strength among a wide temperature range, high fracture toughness, high hardness, outstanding wear resistance and chemical property. It has a strikingly high thermal shock resistance. It has a wide applications in various kinds of fields. In automobile industry, it is an important materials for engine parts. It can also be applied to the manufacturing of bearings due to its high shock resistance. For example, in spacecraft, silicon nitride ceramic is capable of surviving the severe thermal shock generated in the hydrogen/oxygen rocket engines. It can also be used as abrasive and cutting tools due to its harness and resistance to wear. In electronics, it can be used as an insulator and chemical barrier during the production of integrated circuits. There are several method for the manufacturing the silicon nitride. 1. The powdered silicon is subject to a heating reaction of 1300-1400 °C in the atmosphere of nitrogen. 2 Diimide route which involves the reaction of SiCl and NH3. 3 Silicon dioxide is subject to carbothemral reduction at 1300-1400 °C under the presence of nitrogen.
- Chemical Propertiesslightly beige powder
- UsesAs high tempereture engineering material for use in gas turbines, diesel engines.
- UsesSilicon nitride (Si3N4), resistant to oxidation, is an excellent coating for metals, as well as an adhesive and abrasive, and it is used in high-temperature crucibles. It has proven useful as heat-resistant substance for the nozzles on rocket engines.
Silicon nitride Preparation Products And Raw materials
- LITHIUM NITRIDE DYSPROSIUM NITRIDE TITANIUM NITRIDE Magnesium oxide SILICON NITRIDE ETCHANT Azidotrimethylsilane SILICON(IV) NITRIDE, MGO BINDER, SPUTTERING TARGET, 76.2MM (3.0IN) DIA X 3.18MM (0.125IN) THICK, 99.9% (METALS BASIS) SILICON(IV) NITRIDE, MGO BINDER, SPUTTERING TARGET, 76.2MM (3.0IN) DIA X 6.35MM (0.250IN) THICK, 99.9% (METALS BASIS) SILICON NITRIDE, PARTICLE SIZE Silicon nitride(Si2N3) SILICON(IV) NITRIDE, MGO BINDER, SPUTTERING TARGET, 50.8MM (2.0IN) DIA X 6.35MM (0.250IN) THICK, 99.9% (METALS BASIS) silicon nitride whisker Silicon nitride(SiN) silicon nitride ceramics SILICON(IV) NITRIDE, MGO BINDER, SPUTTERING TARGET, 50.8MM (2.0IN) DIA X 3.18MM (0.125IN) THICK, 99.9% (METALS BASIS) SILICON NITRIDE QUANTITATIVE ANALYSIS SILICON NITRIDE POWDER Silicon nitride
- Company Name:Sense Chemicals (Shanghai) Co., Ltd. Gold
- Tel:+86 13590492756
- Products Intro:Product Name:Silicon nitride
- Company Name:Forsman Scientific ( Beijing ) Co., Ltd. Gold
- Tel:18301106921 10-64646565
- Products Intro:Product Name:Silicon nitride powder (Si3N4)
Purity:97%;0.5μm Package:1kg;5kg Remarks:＜1 μm；1.5μm
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Products Intro:Product Name:Silicon(IV) nitride, < 5 micron (99%-Si)
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-
- Products Intro:Product Name:SILICON NITRIDE, powder
- Company Name:Alfa Aesar
- Products Intro:Product Name:Silicon(IV) nitride, Electronic Grade, 99.85% (Metals basis), 90+% ^a-phase