ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Food Additives > Food flavorings > Artificial flavor > Allyl heptanoate
Allyl heptanoate Chemical Properties
- Melting point:-66 °C
- Boiling point:210 °C
- Density 0.885 g/mL at 25 °C(lit.)
- FEMA 2031 | ALLYL HEPTANOATE
- refractive index n
- Flash point:180 °F
- color A colourless liquid.
- Water Solubility INSOLUBLE
- JECFA Number4
- BRN 8544440
- CAS DataBase Reference142-19-8(CAS DataBase Reference)
- NIST Chemistry ReferenceAllyl heptanoate(142-19-8)
- EPA Substance Registry SystemAllyl heptanoate (142-19-8)
Allyl heptanoate Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical Properties2-Propenyl Heptanoate has been found in, for example, wild edible mushrooms. It is used in perfume compositions for apple-like (pineapple) notes.
- Chemical PropertiesA liquid with characteristic wine odor and a slight banana note and banana-like flavor
- Chemical PropertiesCLEAR COLOURLESS LIQUID
- OccurrenceHas apparently not been reported to occur in nature.
- PreparationBy direct esterijication of allyl alcohol with heptanoic acid under azeotropic conditions, or by any other suitable means.
- Taste threshold valuesTaste characteristics at 10 ppm: fruity, pineapple-like with waxy tropical nuance
- Toxicity evaluationThe acute oral LD50 values in rats, mice and guinea-pigs were reported as 500, 630 and 444 mg/kg, respectively (Hagan, Jenner, Jones, Fitzhugh, Long, Brouwer & Webb, 1965). The acute dermal LD50 value in rabbits was reported as 0.81 g/kg .(0.44-1.18 g/kg) (Moreno, 1974). Administration of 165 mg/kg by stomach tube daily for 4 days caused death in one of the six rats. Macroscopic liver lesions were observed in all animals; the livers were yellow in colour and approximately half of the hepatic tissue was necrotic(Taylor, Jenner & Jones, 1964).
- Safety ProfileModerately toxic by ingestion and skin contact. A human skin irritant. See also ALL= COMPOUNDS and ESTERS. Combustible liquid. When heated to decomposition it emits acrid smoke and irritating fumes.
- MetabolismThe hydrolysis of ester linkages in foreign compounds may be catalysed by many different esterases; most of these have a low degree of substrate specificity and they are to be found in all animals and bacteria(Parke, 1968). In the rat, allyl acetate and allyl alcohol are metabolized to 3-hydroxypropylmercapturic acid, which is excreted in the urine(Clapp, Kaye & Young, 1969). Heptanoic acid, like other odd-carbon fatty acids, is converted to glycogen with little or no formation of ketone bodies. The mechanism probably involves β-oxidation with formation of two acetic acid molecules plus one propionic acid molecule(Deuel, 1957).
Allyl heptanoate Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Allyl Nonanoate Vitamin A palmitate ALLYL CYCLOHEXANEBUTYRATE GERANYL CAPRYLATE Allyl heptanoate Allyl cyclohexylpropionate Allyl chloroformate Triallyl phsophate Dimethyl fumarate DIALLYL ISOPHTHALATE Allyl phenoxyacetate Allyl glycidyl ether ALLYL ACRYLATE Isopropyl myristate Allyl isothiocyanate Allyl acetate Diallyl phthalate METHOPRENE
- Company Name:Zouping Mingxing Chemical Co.,Ltd. Gold
- Tel:13605431940 13605431940
- Company Name:Zouping Mingxing Chemical Co., Ltd. Gold
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-
- Company Name:Alfa Aesar