ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Chemical Reagents > Organic reagents > Esters > Propyl Ester compound > Diallyl phthalate
Diallyl phthalate Chemical Properties
- Melting point:-70 °C
- Boiling point:165-167 °C/5 mmHg (lit.)
- Density 1.121 g/mL at 25 °C (lit.)
- vapor density 8.3 (vs air)
- vapor pressure 2.3 mm Hg ( 150 °C)
- refractive index n
- Flash point:>230 °F
- storage temp. Refrigerator
- solubility 0.18g/l
- form Liquid
- color Clear colorless to light yellow
- Water Solubility 6 g/L (20 ºC)
- BRN 1880877
- CAS DataBase Reference131-17-9(CAS DataBase Reference)
- NIST Chemistry Reference1,2-Benzenedicarboxylic acid, di-2-propenyl ester(131-17-9)
- EPA Substance Registry SystemDiallyl phthalate (131-17-9)
Diallyl phthalate Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical Propertiesclear colourless to light yellow liquid
- UsesDiallyl Phthalate is used as a reagent in ring-closing ruthenium based reactions.
- General DescriptionClear pale-yellow liquid. Odorless.
- Air & Water ReactionsIncompatible with water and oxygen. Should be stored air tight, with inhibitor, to prevent polymerization reaction .
- Reactivity ProfileDiallyl phthalate can react with oxidizers. Diallyl phthalate can also react with acids and alkalis. Diallyl phthalate is incompatible with water and oxygen.
- Fire HazardDiallyl phthalate is combustible.
- Safety ProfileSuspected carcinogen with experimental carcinogenic data. Moderately toxic by ingestion, skin contact, intraperitoneal, and subcutaneous routes. An eye irritant. Mutation data reported. Combustible when exposed to heat or flame; can react with oxidzing materials. To fight fire, use CO2 or dry chemical. When heated to decomposition it emits acrid smoke and irritating fumes. See also ALLYL COMPOUNDS and ESTERS.
- CarcinogenicityIn the 103-week study referred
to previously, a slight increase in MNCL was seen in
female rats treated with 50 or 100 mg/kg/day of DAP. MNCL
occurs in F344 control rats at a high incidence; however, the
incidence of 51% in female rats at the high dose level was
above historical control data for the laboratory (29%). No
significant increases in tumor incidences were seen in male
rats. Based on this study, DAP was considered to have
demonstrated equivocal evidence for carcinogenicity in
female F344 rats according to the NTP.
In male and female B6C3F1 mice receiving 300 mg/kg of DAP by gavage for 103 weeks (5 days/week), the incidence of forestomach papillomas was significantly greater than that of controls. Because of the rarity of forestomach papillomas in control B6C3F1 mice and the concomitant observation of dose-related forestomach hyperplasia, the development of these tumors was considered to be test substance related. Compared to controls, a slight increase in the incidence of lymphomas was observed in males receiving 300 mg/kg/day of DAP. Because the increase was not statistically significant compared to historical control data, this effect was not considered to be test substance related.
Diallyl phthalate Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Dimethyl phthalate Phthalic acid Bis(2-methoxyethyl) phthalate DI-N-HEXYL PHTHALATE Benzyl butyl phthalate Diethyl phthalate DIPHENYL PHTHALATE DI-N-PENTYL PHTHALATE-D4 Dinonyl phthalate Dicyclohexyl phthalate BIS(2-ETHOXYETHYL)PHTHALATE BIS(2-N-BUTOXYETHYL)PHTHALATE BIS(4-METHYL-2-PENTYL)PHTHALATE DIALLYL TETRABROMOPHTHALATE TETRAALLYL PYROMELLITATE Triallyl trimellitate ALLYL BENZOATE 2-HYDROXYMETHYL-BENZOIC ACID METHYL ESTER
- Company Name:Shouguang Nuomeng Chemical Co Ltd. Gold
- Tel:13869682027 536-5399456-
- Company Name:Shanghai Kangman Biological Technology Co., Ltd. Gold
- Tel: 18800375331
- Company Name:Yangzhou juhechang Technology Co., Ltd Gold
- Tel:13073488988 0514-83662002-
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-