ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > API > Vitamins and Minerals medicines > Vitamins AD drugs > Vitamin A palmitate
Vitamin A palmitate
Vitamin A palmitate Chemical Properties
- Melting point:28-29℃
- Boiling point:546.51°C (rough estimate)
- Density 0.9668 (rough estimate)
- refractive index 1.5250 (estimate)
- Flash point:194℃
- storage temp. 2-8°C
- form oil
- Specific Gravity0.90～0.93 (20℃)
- Water Solubility Soluble in chloroform, ether, and vegetable oils. Insoluble in water.
- Merck 13,10073
- BRN 1917366
- CAS DataBase Reference79-81-2(CAS DataBase Reference)
- NIST Chemistry ReferenceVitamin a palmitate(79-81-2)
- EPA Substance Registry SystemRetinol, hexadecanoate (79-81-2)
Vitamin A palmitate Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical Properties95.0-100.5% Absorbance @325 nm ≥0.85%
- Usesall-trans-Retinyl Palmitate is an ester derivative of Retinol (R252000). all-trans-Retinyl Palmitate is used as a vitamin supplement in the treatment of Vitamin A deficiency. all-trans-Retinyl Palmita te is used as an antioxidant and a source of vitamin A added to low fat milk and other dairy products. all-trans-Retinyl Palmitate is also a constituent of some topically applied skin care products
- Usesretinyl palmitate is a skin conditioner. This retinoid is considered a milder version of retinoic acid, given its conversion properties. once on the skin, it converts to retinol, which in turn converts to retinoic acid. Physiologically, it is credited with increasing R epidermal thickness, stimulating the production of more epidermal protein, and increasing skin elasticity. Cosmetically, retinyl palmitate is used to reduce the number and depth of fine lines and wrinkles, and prevent skin roughness resulting from uV exposure. Secondary reactions such as erythema, dryness, or irritation are not associated with retinyl palmitate. It is even more effective when used in combination with glycolic acid because it achieves greater penetration. In the united States, its maximum usage level in cosmetic formulations is 2 percent. Retinyl palmitate is the ester of retinol and palmitic acid.
- Usesvitamin A palmitate is known as a skin “normalizer.” It acts as an antikeratinizing agent, helping the skin stay soft and plump, and improving its water-barrier properties. Because of its impact on the skin’s water-barrier properties, it is useful against dryness, heat, and pollution. It is also an anti-oxidant and is suggested for use in sunscreens. Clinical studies with vitamin A palmitate indicate a significant change in skin composition, with increases in collagen, DnA, skin thickness, and elasticity. Vitamin A palmitate’s stability is superior to retinol.
- Safety ProfileMildly toxic by ingestion. An experimental teratogen. Experimental reproductive effects. Human mutation data reported. When heated to decomposition it emits acrid smoke and irritating fumes.
- Purification MethodsThe palmitate is separated from retinol by column chromatography on water-deactivated alumina with hexane containing a very small percentage of acetone. It is also chromatographed on TLC silica gel G, using pet ether/isopropyl ether/acetic acid/water (180:20:2:5) or pet ether/acetonitrile/acetic acid/water (190:10:1:15) to develop the chromatogram. It is then recrystallised from propylene at low temperature (below -47o). [Beilstein 6 IV 4135.]
- RETINYL PALMITATE, [PALMITATE-1-14C] ALLYL PALMITATE Retinyl acetate ALLYL CAPRYLATE 1-ethenylcyclohexene axerophthene RETINYL PALMITATE, [RETINOL 15-3H] Menadione Vitamin B12 Ascorbyl Palmitate Riboflavin Kojic acid dipalmitate Pyridoxine hydrochloride Folic acid Vitamin E Dexamethasone palmitate Vitamin A palmitate Vitamin D3
Vitamin A palmitateSupplierMore
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:3B Pharmachem (Wuhan) International Co.,Ltd.
- Tel:18930552037 821-50328103-801
- Company Name:Wuhan Wei Shunda Technology Development Co., Ltd.
- Company Name:Chemsky（shanghai）International Co.,Ltd.
- Company Name:XiaoGan ShenYuan ChemPharm co,ltd
- Tel:15527768850 0712-2580635-