ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Flavors and fragrances > Synthetic fragrances > Pyrazine spices > 2,5-Dimethyl pyrazine
- Product Name:2,5-Dimethyl pyrazine
- Synonyms: 2,5-Dimethylpyrazine 98+% 2,5-Dimethylprazin 2,5-Dimethylpyrazine (contains 2,6-isomer) 2,5-DIMETHYL PYRAZINE, NATURAL 2,5-Dimethylpyrazine,99% 2,5-Dimethylpyrazine, Research grade 2,5-Dimethyl pyrazine >=99.0% 5-diMethyl pyrazine
- Product Categories: - Pyrazine Heterocyclic Compounds Acipimox Mono- & Polyalkylpyrazines pyrazine Flavor Building Blocks Heterocyclic Building Blocks Alphabetical Listings C-D Flavors and Fragrances Pyrazine compounds Pyrazines
- Mol File:123-32-0.mol
2,5-Dimethyl pyrazine Chemical Properties
- Melting point:15°C
- Boiling point:155 °C(lit.)
- Density 0.99 g/mL at 25 °C(lit.)
- refractive index n
- FEMA 3272 | 2,5-DIMETHYLPYRAZINE
- Flash point:147 °F
- storage temp. Store below +30°C.
- form Liquid
- Specific Gravity0.990
- color Clear colorless to pale yellow
- PH7 (H2O)
- Sensitive Hygroscopic
- JECFA Number766
- BRN 107052
- CAS DataBase Reference123-32-0(CAS DataBase Reference)
- NIST Chemistry ReferencePyrazine, 2,5-dimethyl-(123-32-0)
- EPA Substance Registry SystemPyrazine, 2,5-dimethyl-(123-32-0)
2,5-Dimethyl pyrazine Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical Propertiesclear colorless to pale yellow liquid
- Chemical Properties2,5-Dimethylpyrazine has a characteristic odor of earthy, potato-like odor.
- OccurrenceReported to be present in bakery products, roasted barley, cocoa products, roasted coffee, dairy products, pork, peanuts, pecans, filberts, popcorn, potato products, rum and whiskey, soy products; a volatile component in roasted filberts and in potato chips; reportedly identified in the fat of cooked beef; also reported found in toasted off-flavors. Also reported in cheeses, butter, boiled eggs, grilled beef, tea, barley, oats, oatmeal, soybeans, heated beans, kohlrabi, shrimp and mushrooms. Also reported found in coffee, potato chips and shrimp
- Uses2,5-Dimethyl pyrazine is used for blending food, nuts and beverage flavors.
- PreparationBy the interaction of acrolein and ammonia when heated in glycerol in the presence of ammonium salts; by self-condensation of aminoacetone, followed by oxidation with mercury chloride.
- Aroma threshold valuesDetection: 80 ppb to 1.8 ppm
- Taste threshold valuesTaste characteristics at 7.5 ppm: musty, potato, cocoa and nutty with a fatty and oily nuance
- Safety ProfileModerately toxic by ingestion and intraperitoneal routes. Mutation data reported. When heated to decomposition it emits toxic fumes of NOx
- Purification MethodsPurify it via its picrate (m 150o) which is decomposed with a base (e,g, KOH) and distilled. [Wiggins and Wise J Chem Soc 4780 1956]. [Beilstein 23/5 V 403.]
2,5-Dimethyl pyrazine Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Trimethyl-pyrazine DIMETHYL DIHYDROCYCLOPENTAPYRAZINE 2,3-Diethyl-5-methylpyrazine Glipizide 2,5-Dimethyl pyrazine Dacthal Pyrazinamide N,N-Dimethylformamide Dimethyl phthalate Dimethyl sulfate ETHANE DIMETHYLPYRAZINE 2,6-Dimethylpyrazine 2-Methylpyrazine 2,5-Dibromopyrazine Dimethyl carbonate Dimethyl ether Dimethyl fumarate
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 +86-10-82848833
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:+86-(0)21-61259100(Shanghai) +86-(0)755-86170099(ShenZhen) +86-(0)10-62670440(Beijing)
- Company Name:Alfa Aesar
- Tel:400-610-6006; 021-67582000
- Company Name:TCI (Shanghai) Development Co., Ltd.
- Tel:021-67121386 / 800-988-0390
- Company Name:Beijing dtftchem Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:13651141086; 86(10)60275028、60275820