ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Pharmaceutical intermediates > Heterocyclic compound > Pyrazines > Pyrazine
Pyrazine Chemical Properties
- Melting point:50-56 °C (lit.)
- Boiling point:115-116 °C (lit.)
- Density 1.031 g/mL at 25 °C (lit.)
- FEMA 4015 | PYRAZINE
- refractive index 1.5235
- Flash point:132 °F
- storage temp. Store below +30°C.
- solubility SOLUBLE
- pka0.65(at 27℃)
- form Crystals
- color White
- Specific Gravity1.031
- Water Solubility SOLUBLE
- Sensitive Hygroscopic
- Merck 14,7957
- JECFA Number951
- BRN 103905
- Stability:Stable. Highly flammable. Incompatible with acids, oxidizing agents.
- CAS DataBase Reference290-37-9(CAS DataBase Reference)
- NIST Chemistry ReferencePyrazine(290-37-9)
- EPA Substance Registry SystemPyrazine (290-37-9)
Pyrazine Usage And Synthesis
- DescriptionPyrazine is a heterocyclic aromatic organic compound and can be reacted to obtain diverse pyrazine derivatives. Pyrazines are important contributors to the flavor of various roasted, toasted, or similarly heated foods. Pyrazine derivatives exhibit a wide variety of aromas in food, e.g. 2-methoxy-3-isopropylpyrazine produces a green pea odor. Pyrazines and pyrazine derivatives are typically used as flavor agent. Pyrazines and Pyrazine derivatives are also used as fragrances.
- References T.B. Adamsa, J. Doullb, V.J. Feronc, J.I. Goodmand, L.J. Marnette, I.C. Munrof, P.M. Newberneg, P.S. Portogheseh, R.L. Smithi, W.J. Waddellj and B.M. Wagnerk, The FEMA GRAS assessment of pyrazine derivatives used as flavor ingredients, Food and Chemical Toxicology, 2002, vol. 40, 429-451
- Chemical Propertieswhite crystals or powder
- Chemical PropertiesPyrazine has a strong pyridine-like odor. Some reports compare the taste of pyrazine to cooked spinach or rancid peanuts
- OccurrencePyrazine has been detected in several food products including papayas, asparagus, peanuts, popcorn, soybeans, corn, French fries, bread, cheese, milk, eggs (boiled), chicken (fried), beef (cooked), shrimp, clams, beer, sherry, malt, coffee and tea (green).
- PreparationPrepared by cyclization of α-amino ketones, which were produced by the reduction of isonitroso ketones to yield the dihydropyrazines, which are dehydrogenated with mercury(I) oxide or copper(II) sulfate or sometimes with atmospheric oxygen.
- DefinitionChEBI: A diazine that is benzene in which the carbon atoms at positions 1 and 4 have been replaced by nitrogen atoms.
- DefinitionA heterocyclic aromatic compound with a six-membered ring containing four carbon atoms and two nitrogen atoms.
- Definitionpyrazine: An unsaturated heterocycliccompound having two nitrogenatoms in a six-membered ring,C4H4N2; r.d. 1.03; m.p. 52°C; b.p.115°C. Pyrazine is a symmetric diazine.
- Aroma threshold values300 ppm (odor threshold in water)
- Purification MethodsDistil pyrazine in steam and crystallise it from water. Purify also by zone melting. [Beilstein 23 H 91, 23 II 80, 23 III/IV 899, 23/5 V 351.]
Pyrazine Preparation Products And Raw materials
- 2H-1,2,3-TRIAZOLO[4,5-B]PYRAZINE 2-(PIPERAZIN-1-YLCARBONYL)PYRAZINE 2-THIOPHEN-2-YL-PYRAZINE 2-PHENYL-5-PYRROLIDIN-1-YL-PYRAZINE 1-(2,5-DIMETHOXYPHENYL)-1,2,3,4-TETRAHYDROPYRROLO[1,2-A]PYRAZINE 2-METHYL-5-PYRAZINE CARBOXYLIC ACID 2-PYRROL-1-YL-PYRAZINE 2-ISOBUTYL-3-METHOXY-D3-PYRAZINE 2-cyclohexyl-carbonyl-1,3,4,6,7,11b-hexahydro-2h-pyrazine(2,1-a)isoquinoline-4-one 2-ETHOXY-3(5/6)-ETHYL PYRAZINE 2-METHOXY-3-(TRIBUTYLSTANNYL)PYRAZINE Glipizide 2-Pyrazinecarboxylic acid ALLOXAZINE 2-Chloropyrazine 3-AMINO-6-(CHLOROMETHYL)-2-PYRAZINECARBONITRILE 4-OXIDE LUMICHROME 2,6-Dichloropyrazine
- Company Name:Xinxiang Jujing Chemical Co., Ltd. Gold
- Tel:18695920000 0373-4951330-
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-
- Company Name:3B Pharmachem (Wuhan) International Co.,Ltd.
- Tel:18930552037 821-50328103-801
- Company Name:future industrial shanghai co., ltd