3,5-Diisopropylbenzene hydroperoxide Chemical Properties
- Density 0.935~9.60g/cm3
- refractive index 1.4880~1.510
- EPA Substance Registry SystemHydroperoxide, bis(1-methylethyl)phenyl (26762-93-6)
- RIDADR UN 2171
- HazardClass 5.2
- PackingGroup II
- Hazardous Substances Data26762-93-6(Hazardous Substances Data)
- Language:EnglishProvider:3,5-Diisopropylbenzene hydroperoxide
3,5-Diisopropylbenzene hydroperoxide Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical PropertiesDiisopropylbenzene hydroperoxide is a clear, yellow liquid. Major decomposition products include methane, 3-isopropylacetophenone, 3-(2-hydroxyisopropyl) isopropyl-benzene. The standard packaging is a 25 L HDPE can for 25 kg peroxide solution or a 220 L HDPE drum for 200 kg peroxide solution.DBHP may be used in mass, emulsion, and solvent (co)polymerizations of styrene, butadiene, acrylonitrile, acrylates, and methacrylates. In emulsion processes, DBHP my be activated by water-soluble as well as oilsoluble reducing agents or by metal compounds to achieve reproducible polymerization at room temperature or lower. DBHP is particularly suited for the cold emulsion polymerization of rubber latexes.
- General DescriptionLiquid; colorless to pale yellow; sharp, unpleasant odor. May float or sink in water.
- Reactivity ProfileThe explosive instability of the lower dialkyl peroxides (e.g., dimethyl peroxide) and 1,1-bis-peroxides decreases rapidly with increasing chain length and degree of branching, the di-tert-alkyl derivatives being amongst the most stable class of peroxides. Though many 1,1-bis-peroxides have been reported, few have been purified because of the higher explosion hazards compared with the monofunctional peroxides. 3,5-Diisopropylbenzene hydroperoxide is unlikely that this derivative would be particularly unstable compared to other peroxides in it's class, [Bretherick 2nd ed., p 44 1979].
- Health HazardVAPOR: Irritating to eyes, nose and throat. If inhaled will cause coughing or difficult breathing. LIQUID: Irritating to skin and eyes. Harmful if swallowed.
- Fire HazardCombustible. Will increase the intensity of a fire. May cause fire on contact with combustibles. Containers may explode in fire. Flammable alcohol and ketone gases are formed in fire. Burns with a flare effect. Containers may explode.
- Safety ProfileQuestionable carcinogen with experimental tumorigenic data. A powerful oxidizer. When heated to decomposition it emits acrid smoke and fumes. See also PEROXIDES, ORGANIC.
3,5-Diisopropylbenzene hydroperoxide Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Company Name:Hangzhou Yuhao Chemical Technology Co., Ltd
- Company Name:Cheng Du Micxy Chemical Co.,Ltd
- Company Name:Wuxi Zhongkun Biochemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Company Name:Hangzhou J&H Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Company Name:CHMA Chemical Technology (Shanghai) Co., Ltd
- Tel:021-61556450 15800904410