ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Organic Chemistry > Organometallic compounds > Organotin > Bis(tributyltin) oxide
Bis(tributyltin) oxide Chemical Properties
- Melting point:-45°C
- Boiling point:180 °C2 mm Hg(lit.)
- Density 1.17 g/mL at 25 °C(lit.)
- vapor pressure <0.01 mm Hg ( 25 °C)
- refractive index n
- Flash point:>230 °F
- storage temp. +4°C
- form liquid
- color colorless
- Specific Gravity1.170
- Water Solubility INSOLUBLE
- Sensitive Air & Moisture Sensitive
- Hydrolytic Sensitivity5: forms reversible hydrate
- BRN 745057
- CAS DataBase Reference56-35-9(CAS DataBase Reference)
- NIST Chemistry ReferenceDistannoxane, hexabutyl-(56-35-9)
- EPA Substance Registry SystemBis(tributyltin) oxide (56-35-9)
- Hazard Codes T,N
- Risk Statements 21-25-36/38-48/23/25-50/53
- Safety Statements 35-36/37/39-45-60-61
- RIDADR UN 2788 6.1/PG 2
- WGK Germany 3
- RTECS JN8750000
- TSCA Yes
- HazardClass 6.1
- PackingGroup II
- HS Code 29310095
- Hazardous Substances Data56-35-9(Hazardous Substances Data)
- ToxicityLD50 oral in rat: 87mg/kg
Bis(tributyltin) oxide Usage And Synthesis
- DescriptionTBTO (bis(tri-n-butyltin)oxide) appears as thin, colourless to pale yellow, flammable and combustible liquid. It is soluble in organic solvents. TBTO, or bis(tri-n-butyltin)oxide, is an organotin compound used as a biocide, fungicide, and molluscicide. Uses of tributyltin also include as an anti-fouling chemical in marine paints for boats, anti-fungal agent in textiles and industrial water systems, in cooling tower and refrigeration water systems, wood pulp preservative in paints and paper mill systems, inner surfaces of cardboard, and in the manufacturing processes of leather goods, textiles, wood, plastics, and mothproof stored garments. In fact, TBT compounds are considered the most hazardous of all tin compounds.
- Chemical PropertiesClear colorless liquid
- UsesBis(tributyltin) Oxide is an organotin compound used as a fungicide and molluscicide, particularly in wood preservation. Bis(tributyltin) Oxide was used as an active component in marine antifouling paints but is not longer used due to its toxicity and is considered a severe marine pollutant.
- UsesBis(tributyltin) oxide is widely used in Europe for the preservation of timber, millwork, and wood joinery, eg, window sashes and door frames. It is applied from organic solution by dipping or vacuum impregnation. It imparts resistance to attack by fungi and insects but is not suitable for underground use. An advantage of bis(tributyltin) oxide is that it does not interfere with subsequent painting or decorative staining and does not change the natural color of the wood.
- UsesTributyltin oxide is used as an antifouling and biocide agent against fungi, algae and bacteria in paints and is an irritant.
- General DescriptionClear pale yellow liquid. Toxic by skin absorption or inhalation of vapors. Used as a bactericide, fungicide and chemical intermediate.
- Air & Water ReactionsInsoluble in water.
- Reactivity ProfileBis(tributyltin) oxide may react vigorously with oxidizing agents and with reducing agents.
- HazardToxic via ingestion and inhalation.
- Health HazardACUTE/CHRONIC HAZARDS: Bis(tributyltin) oxide is toxic by ingestion and inhalation and is a skin and eye irritant.
- Fire HazardBis(tributyltin) oxide is probably combustible.
- Contact allergensTributyl tin oxide is used as an antifouling and biocide agent against fungi, algae, and bacteria, particularly in paints. Sometimes used in chemistry, tributyltin oxide is a strong irritant.
Bis(tributyltin) oxide Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Zinc oxide ETHYLENE OXIDE Bis(tributyltin) oxide BETA-DEFENSIN-3 (HUMAN) (Diethoxymethyl)diphenylphosphine oxide Chlorotributyltin Tributyltin Hydride Tributylamine Aluminum oxide Iron oxide NITROUS OXIDE Monobutyltin oxide HEXABUTYLDITIN Tributylphosphine NITRIC OXIDE Dibutyltin oxide Lithium oxide Sodium oxide
- Company Name:Nantong Haotai Products & Chemicals Co.,Ltd. Gold
- Tel:15996548297 0513-81063598
- Company Name:Shanghai Mixiu Chemical Co., Ltd. Gold
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-
- Company Name:INTATRADE GmbH
- Tel:+49 3493/605464